PDA

View Full Version : I wish Matt would share what he knows

notsofarawaydawg
01-27-2014, 10:21 PM
From Twitter:

@maroonwyatt Just heard a 1st hand of what Henderson said to spark Coach Ray. I've not been a harsh critic ... Not anymore. #norespect

preachermatt83
01-27-2014, 10:31 PM
I just wish he would be more bold on H2H instead of backing down to cross constantly.

rbdog82
01-27-2014, 10:39 PM
Unfortunately, the camera angle shows Ray's face and Henderson's back when the comment was made. I'm willing to bet Henderson said something much worse than what Ray responded with. Only Ole Miss fans would think Henderson didn't say anything to illicit a response. Should Ray have responded? If it means sticking up for his players, then absolutely.

chef dixon
01-27-2014, 10:43 PM
Matt probably should have just not said anything

mjh94
01-27-2014, 10:49 PM
according to some he said, "get your mother 17'in goons off our floor."

MafiaDawg
01-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Wyatt does a piss poor job representing our interests on the show (I'm aware that's not necessarily his job). At least he did a bad job of it when h2h was on ESPN. I never listened once it moved. He kind of comes across as a goob too.

CJDAWG85
01-27-2014, 11:30 PM
I heard it was " Get the **** off my floor! This is my mother ****ing state!"

bully99
01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Late last week they had Richard Williams on and so 2 State guys and an ole miss guy spent almost the entire segment talking about how great Henderson and Kennedy are. Amazing.

BossDawg
01-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Late last week they had Richard Williams on and so 2 State guys and an ole miss guy spent almost the entire segment talking about how great Henderson and Kennedy are. Amazing.

Someone who knows more about basketball, answer this for me: Is Henderson really all that great? All I ever see is a dude who shoots the ball 800 times a game and runs around like a crackhead after he makes a bucket. I just don't understand where the fellation justifiably comes from.

I'm honestly sick of hearing people take up for the guy. Someone needs to knock his teeth out before the meth does it.

Thrill1
01-28-2014, 12:25 AM
Offensively, Henderson is a very good, not great, player. He's not a great shooter, he's a streaky one. But he's very good at body control, drawing fouls and is athletic. He does a good job at getting to the rack when given the chance. Not a good ballhandler, gambles on D, but again, he's good enough in these areas to be successful at this level. If he's not locked up, he'll end up in Turkey the rest of his professional career.

The antics and off-court crap speaks for itself and sadly take away from the talent that he possesses. As Ray said prior to the game he cuts hard the entire game. There are not many college basketball players that do this for a 5 minute stretch much less the entire game. The paralells to him and Manziel are really quite ironic - just think Mr. Henderson has given up at this point re: the sportsmanship aspect, while Mr. Manziel never really cared.

Martianlander
01-28-2014, 08:56 AM
I could never be a coach. A guy like Henderson would never play for me.

notsofarawaydawg
01-28-2014, 09:07 AM
Another article by the Clarion Ledger beat writer today on RR and all the Ole Miss folks commenting at the bottom from their Facebook account. Dumb ass bearshark fans. They obviously have never sat near the Ole Miss bench and listened to their coach during the game.

FlabLoser
01-28-2014, 09:10 AM
AK goes a decent job. With him, OM will be an average to sometimes above average team. Without Henderson, AK would be on the hot seat. But on the other hand you have to credit AK for having Henderson to make their season memorable*.

Memorable for them. Their season is not memorable by MSU standards.

Maroonthirteen
01-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Henderson is a very good athlete. He is quick and can leap. He is a very good shooter when he is not shooting 30ft fade aways. However, Henderson is a head case that will shoot 30ft fade aways and cost his team from time to time. He is ok on defense because of his athletism.

He will never make it in the NBA. He will be playing against better athletes that can run and leap with him. Also, no NBA coach is going to deal with all his BS. There are plenty of guards with his athletism that will play within a system and under control and not have all the off-court BS to deal with.

smootness
01-28-2014, 10:00 AM
No, he is a legitimately great shooter. Start leaving him open and you'll realize real quick that he is a deadly shooter. The reason he does go through spells where he misses so much is because a) all shooters go through some cold stretches; b) when you jack up that many, your % will suffer; and c) he constantly has the sole attention of the defense, so he's having to constantly run off screens and shoot off-balance shots.

He isn't great in shot selection, though. He would be a much more effective player if he would take a few less 3s per game and use the defensive attention to create more opportunities for his teammates. You saw him do this from time to time in our game and it was always effective, because he is constantly drawing more than his share of the D.

He can shoot them out of games sometimes because it doesn't matter if he has a good look or not, he's chucking it. And he will go through stretches because of this, as in the 1st half of our game, where he isn't hitting anything.

But again, he is a great shooter. You will find very few better than him at purely shooting the basketball. But anyone who takes 11.5 3's a game is probably not always doing so in the best interest of their team.

thunderclap
01-28-2014, 10:02 AM
Dows anyone out there doubt this? Everybody knew something had to provoke Ray to say something to him. Everybody knows what a punk Henderson is. It's pretty simple.