PDA

View Full Version : We have reached a point in recruiting...

BeastMan
01-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Where twitter can provide narration of the storyline. El oh el http://3rdand57.com/brandon-bryant-still-a-dawg/

HancockCountyDog
01-27-2014, 10:02 AM
Where twitter can provide narration of the storyline. El oh el http://3rdand57.com/brandon-bryant-still-a-dawg/

You left out the tweets from steve where he says the offer has been withdrawn. Not that we were going to continue to look around too, that the offer is gone.

That is the problem I have is that Steve is telling the world and most importantly Bryant, that his offer was gone. Now obviously that wasn't true. But what if Bryant read that, and knew that Steve claims to have sources on the coaching staff - and decided to think "Well F-them for dropping me and not even talking to me about it". WHich is a totally reasonable response to the situation.

Of course, the bears couldnt have scripted it better.

Thankfully the coaching staff stepped in and did what we all thought they would - tell him that they weren't happy, but that he was still welcome to be a DOG.

Goat Holder
01-27-2014, 10:07 AM
What's the verdict on Rosebowl? I'm not ready to crucify him yet, it seems that he really did just report what was going on. Bryant was apparently playing games with the staff, maybe he wanted some attention or something. While I do think that Rosebowl is an arrogant prick (based on nothing), I've never seen him really try to hurt MSU. The Devinner-gate could be taken a number of different ways, so let's just call that a wash.

bully99
01-27-2014, 10:07 AM
It sounds like momma stepped in

Coach34
01-27-2014, 10:14 AM
The Devinner-gate could be taken a number of different ways, so let's just call that a wash.

da ****?

Goat Holder
01-27-2014, 10:16 AM
I agree.

Goat Holder
01-27-2014, 10:18 AM
I've heard 5 different variations of that story, all from fairly trustworthy people. So in the end I just don't believe any of them and chalk it up to a bunch of horseshit on everybody's part.

Therefore, I don't count it as a strike on Rosebowl or anybody else.

Coach34
01-27-2014, 10:33 AM
I've heard 5 different variations of that story, all from fairly trustworthy people. So in the end I just don't believe any of them and chalk it up to a bunch of horseshit on everybody's part.

Therefore, I don't count it as a strike on Rosebowl or anybody else.

What other school's fan site would befriend and promote the guy who lied through his teeth on half a dozen radio shows in a single afternoon while dragging MSU and one of it's players through the mud?

Can you find one other example... just one???

Devinner didn't have to say one ****ing thing to the NCAA- but he did. Remember that and remember who took up for him- Steve and Jean

BeastMan
01-27-2014, 10:36 AM
It sounds like momma stepped in

Bingo. She probably shouldered the blame on the miscommunication

maroonmania
01-27-2014, 10:57 AM
What's the verdict on Rosebowl? I'm not ready to crucify him yet, it seems that he really did just report what was going on. Bryant was apparently playing games with the staff, maybe he wanted some attention or something. While I do think that Rosebowl is an arrogant prick (based on nothing), I've never seen him really try to hurt MSU. The Devinner-gate could be taken a number of different ways, so let's just call that a wash.

My verdict is "guilty as charged". I have no problem with him tweeting out that Bryant is on a USM visit that our coaches are not thrilled about but I have a BIG problem with him using social media to jump out and say that Bryant no longer has an MSU offer. Even if he 100% knew that to be the case, which he OBVIOUSLY didn't, that wasn't appropriate and Bryant and the coaching staff should have had the chance to communicate before something like that was put out to the masses. Rosebowl I guess thinks he IS part of our coaching staff to make judgements like that and tweet it but someone needs to inform him and his ego that he is NOT on our coaching staff and doesn't determine who we keep offers out to and who we don't. Just burns me that we have someone that makes his living off of MSU athletics and fans that doesn't seem to care if he harms MSU.

Mercdawg
01-27-2014, 12:20 PM
My verdict is "guilty as charged". I have no problem with him tweeting out that Bryant is on a USM visit that our coaches are not thrilled about but I have a BIG problem with him using social media to jump out and say that Bryant no longer has an MSU offer. Even if he 100% knew that to be the case, which he OBVIOUSLY didn't, that wasn't appropriate and Bryant and the coaching staff should have had the chance to communicate before something like that was put out to the masses. Rosebowl I guess thinks he IS part of our coaching staff to make judgements like that and tweet it but someone needs to inform him and his ego that he is NOT on our coaching staff and doesn't determine who we keep offers out to and who we don't. Just burns me that we have someone that makes his living off of MSU athletics and fans that doesn't seem to care if he harms MSU.THIS!!! Agree with this 110%!!

Percho
01-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Do you think out staff called the Bryant's while they were at Burg or were they at Burg and heard they may be in trouble with MSU and then called the staff? How did they hear?

Todd4State
01-27-2014, 01:17 PM
My verdict is "guilty as charged". I have no problem with him tweeting out that Bryant is on a USM visit that our coaches are not thrilled about but I have a BIG problem with him using social media to jump out and say that Bryant no longer has an MSU offer. Even if he 100% knew that to be the case, which he OBVIOUSLY didn't, that wasn't appropriate and Bryant and the coaching staff should have had the chance to communicate before something like that was put out to the masses. Rosebowl I guess thinks he IS part of our coaching staff to make judgements like that and tweet it but someone needs to inform him and his ego that he is NOT on our coaching staff and doesn't determine who we keep offers out to and who we don't. Just burns me that we have someone that makes his living off of MSU athletics and fans that doesn't seem to care if he harms MSU.

This. Reporting that he's in Hattiesburg on a visit is news. Saying that he had his scholarship pulled when he didn't is the issue here. That and Rosebowl apparently can't see that he is wrong or what he did wrong.

The Croom Diaries
01-27-2014, 01:28 PM
This. Reporting that he's in Hattiesburg on a visit is news. Saying that he had his scholarship pulled when he didn't is the issue here. That and Rosebowl apparently can't see that he is wrong or what he did wrong.

And calling out the kid as a liar. There was just no need for that tweet at all.

maroonmania
01-27-2014, 01:29 PM

If anyone knows anything about Robertson and his ego, hell will freeze over before he would admit he was wrong on something like this. He will most likely pull another similar stunt next year, seems to be good for at least one annually.

Barking 13
01-27-2014, 01:42 PM
I like that Mama said Point, Blank, Period!!!

justwin
01-27-2014, 01:43 PM
how is this not true @ the time? why would Bryant take a visit "secretly" then? Either way, I'm happy that our coaches stood their ground and, more importantly, that Bryant will remain a dog.

That is the problem I have is that Steve is telling the world and most importantly Bryant, that his offer was gone. Now obviously that wasn't true. .