PDA

View Full Version : Another testament to the Ability of Miss State Coaches to Develp Defensive Talent

Bully13
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
heading into the final days of NSD last year, the word on Chris Jones was that he had tremendous upside but was still raw and needed refining / better coaching. They said he just needed to develop with proper coaching and his potential was great. a player like nemechke was ready now since he had better H.S coaching and was already developed.

by midseason, it was apparent who got the better player. But if Chris Jones was indeed in need of what the crootniks were saying, BOY did he get it and he got if FAST. What a BEAST CJ turned into and I mean FAST.

GREAT testament to our defensive staff and how they put Chris into the fire and developed the living hell out of this guy.

I hate to put a bit of a spoiler on it, but we just may have a true sophomore for the first time in MSU history bolt to the 1st round after his true 2nd year. Or am I forgetting the rules? do they have to put in 3 years before eligibility for the NFL? I forget.

Cory Thomas and Trey Carter: You listening? got your ears tuned in?

SDDawg
01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Need 3 years, but I agree that he'll be gone in 3 and will be on stage in New York most likely. Great kid.

msstate7
01-26-2014, 08:31 PM
Just imagine after Chris gets an offseason of conditioning and extra practice. Chris is gonna be a force this season and who ever is lining up at the other tackle will have a chance to make a ton of plays bc of double teams on jones

Coach34
01-26-2014, 08:34 PM
I said the same about Jones being very raw and expectations needed to be tempered. He far exceeded anything I thought he would do as a true Freshman

RougeDawg
01-26-2014, 11:27 PM
I'm gonna need bi-weekly shearing from now to August, if posts like these keep coming.

esplanade91
01-27-2014, 01:19 AM
At this point in their careers, Cox or Jones? I don't think anyone was surprised by him being an early exit 1st round pick based on his freshman year...

Both 4-3 DT/3-4 DE linemen. GM's love them.

Dawg61
01-27-2014, 01:40 AM
Jones is the best freshman at any position we've ever seen at State. Let's hope he continues to get better.

Todd4State
01-27-2014, 02:17 AM
I don't know how raw he was- but I remember watching his film and I thought he was pretty awesome. He pretty much destroyed everyone.

More than anything, I think he was just under the radar.

Bo Darville
01-27-2014, 07:23 AM
At this point in their careers, Cox or Jones? .

Jones is ahead of Cox at this point.