PDA

View Full Version : Remain Respectful of All Recruits and Their Families

Political Hack
01-26-2014, 03:52 PM
if anyone needs to trash someone on social media, this isn't the place for it. They may allow that on other "MSU" boards, but this board will not permit anything that could negatively reflect on MSU.

Please respect that and do your part to help out.

thanks.

GrassOfDWS
01-26-2014, 03:55 PM
Truth. Never understood why people want to run 18 year olds into the ground. At the end of the day, it's just a game, no matter how much we may love it.

Todd4State
01-26-2014, 04:02 PM
Amen Hack.

deltadawg99
01-26-2014, 04:03 PM
Fo Sho

TheRef
01-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Can we sticky this please? Thanks in advance.

thunderclap
01-26-2014, 04:10 PM
You're right. My bad.

drunkernhelldawg
01-26-2014, 07:13 PM
Truth. Never understood why people want to run 18 year olds into the ground. At the end of the day, it's just a game, notha matter how much we may love it.

Love the way you put that. Some people could choose to use a larger portion of their intelligence, and how bout some memory and imagination, too.

msstate7
01-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Cj Johnson didnt get the pass that Rawlings apparently will. I'm not advocating ripping Rawlings at all, but it does seem to be a different standard. My only problem with Rawlings was the putting up landshark stuff while still a miss state commit -- this was disrespectful to state fans and our university IMO. Rawlings isn't doing something I wouldn't do. I just like to think that I would thank the other school and de-commit before putting pics of rival I'm committed to.

Bully13
01-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I'm not sure why he feels he needs to make "an announcement" about his decision. I'd be willing to bet ole miss put him up to it just because it will be a flip from MSU to UM. he and his family probably would prefer it to just be a couple of personal phone calls and let that be the end of it. may be the first 2 star hat grab in crootin' history.

Coach34
01-26-2014, 08:10 PM
We didnt allow bad talk about CJ Johnson on Elitedawgs either

msstate7
01-26-2014, 08:14 PM
We didnt allow bad talk about CJ Johnson on Elitedawgs either

You're right sir. Haha

SDDawg
01-26-2014, 08:15 PM
Cj Johnson didnt get the pass that Rawlings apparently will. I'm not advocating ripping Rawlings at all, but it does seem to be a different standard. My only problem with Rawlings was the putting up landshark stuff while still a miss state commit -- this was disrespectful to state fans and our university IMO. Rawlings isn't doing something I wouldn't do. I just like to think that I would thank the other school and de-commit before putting pics of rival I'm committed to.

No pass, the kid is going in a different direction and no longer has an offer going to reports, no hard feelings at all. This is about *THE KIDS*, and if Rawlings doesn't want a scholarship at MSU another kid will now get one. Personally, I think it's turning out the best for everyone.

msstate7
01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
No pass, the kid is going in a different direction and no longer has an offer going to reports, no hard feelings at all. This is about *THE KIDS*, and if Rawlings doesn't want a scholarship at MSU another kid will not get one. Personally, I think it's turning out the best for everyone.

You're right. I apologize to the Rawlings if I offended them. Even hope sean gets to play in the egg bowl against Chris jones

chef dixon
01-26-2014, 08:28 PM

I have to believe that the background change was hacked or something. Its the cheapest piece of shit background I've ever seen and only covers a corner of the screen.

Todd4State
01-26-2014, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure why he feels he needs to make "an announcement" about his decision. I'd be willing to bet ole miss put him up to it just because it will be a flip from MSU to UM. he and his family probably would prefer it to just be a couple of personal phone calls and let that be the end of it. may be the first 2 star hat grab in crootin' history.

Unless I'm mistaken his announcement is on twitter.

Todd4State
01-26-2014, 08:47 PM

If CJ Johnson had handled his recruitment like Sean Rawlings has, I bet he would have gotten the same pass.

bully99
01-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Read the interview Rawlings did with the OM Spirit today and you have little doubt where he's going. He said he didn't want to announce on campus,but on Twitter.

msstate7
01-26-2014, 09:11 PM
I have to believe that the background change was hacked or something. Its the cheapest piece of shit background I've ever seen and only covers a corner of the screen.

It's still there, but msu commit is gone. If he edited that, why not OM photo? He put it there.

scottycameron
01-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Truth. Never understood why people want to run 18 year olds into the ground. At the end of the day, it's just a game, no matter how much we may love it.

that's true. But weren't you just running down Rawlings in a thread? And he, by all reports hasn't decided yet? And you just joined the board?

I seen it dawg
01-26-2014, 09:22 PM
It's a low rated high school lineman that has been a OM homer his whole life. They just had to use a scholly on the guy to "win the recruiting battle". We will get a better player and he will fade into the abyss if he decides to go there. We win. Nothing more to see here. Move along.

GrassOfDWS
01-26-2014, 09:37 PM
that's true. But weren't you just running down Rawlings in a thread? And he, by all reports hasn't decided yet? And you just joined the board?

No, I didn't run Rawlings down. I ran Freeze down. Rawlings loves Ole Miss, and I completely understand why. Freeze stung him along just to say he flipped him. That was pretty clear. In what I posted in that thread. I did start the thread, but all I did was pass along what Talty tweeted. I don't see how that is running him down.

msstate7
01-27-2014, 08:12 AM
If CJ Johnson had handled his recruitment like Sean Rawlings has, I bet he would have gotten the same pass.

When I think of the proper way to handle recruiting, Rawlings doesn't come to mind. If you know you're waiting for a certain offer, follow Jordan sims example. He knows he wants to stay in state, so he's waiting before committing. You want a perfect blueprint to handling recruiting? Take a look at Ashton shump and his family.

FWIW cj and Rawlings dumped up at almost the exact date. I think Rawlings gets more of a pass from fans bc a lot of you know his family and cj's 10 times the player sean is. At least cj got some furniture and a truck to stab us in the back...

MainEventDawg
01-27-2014, 09:19 AM
FWIW cj and Rawlings dumped up at almost the exact date. I think Rawlings gets more of a pass from fans bc a lot of you know his family and cj's 10 times the player sean is.

Rawlings gets more of a pass because everyone knew that he was an OM guy and that an OM offer would change things. CJ had an OM offer the whole time. And he was very vocal about how he was ready to beat them on the field in the Egg Bowl. Completely different scenario. I guarantee that our fans are more upset about this situation than our coaches. I'm sure they have understood the risk with Rawlings from the beginning.

jimbo352
01-27-2014, 12:19 PM
Rawlings gets a pass because he's a Mississippi kid who is an OM fan... Every year there are kids who love State, and kids who love OM... Most of the time, they're going to attend that school if they have an offer. All indications are that Rawlings and his family were up front with Mullen and staff. I don't believe Rawlings ever lied about what was going on, and he certainly didn't sneak into Oxford and try to keep his visit quiet... After he got back from his visit in Oxford, Mullen and co called and pressed for a final answer, so we could move on if need be... We moved on. End of story...

He seems like a good kid, but he's an OM fan bless his heart... We would have taken him had he reaffirmed his commitment to us, but he didn't. We will move on and fill his spot with someone else. Not a big deal.