PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning QB- Offseason and Basketball edition

Coach34
01-26-2014, 12:06 PM
1. I'm on this no-carb diet and ima be rude SOB at times the next month I'm sure. Dont take it personally if its you I jump on. I'm craving carbs like Freezus craving wood to chew on.

2. Rick Ray gets the rivalry. I love it. He wasnt the only one saying that to Henderson yesterday wearing maroon, I can assure you. With that said, Ray has gone 2-2 vs Ole Miss during rebuilding and thats fine. But come March and rebuilding is over- 2-2 doesnt cut it. One thing I love about Keenum is that he doesnt accept ever losing to them. Time to take back the rivalry in basketball starting in 2015.

3. Shooter Cunningham needs more shots. He came in and pumped in another basket yesterday, and also made a sweet pass for another basket.

4. People are backing off Sword and daring him to shoot now. He has got to start knocking down some 15 footers or he is going to keep scoring 5 points per game.

5. Fred passed up too many shots from 3 yesterday. We are doing a great job of moving the ball around vs other teams zones- and he is getting open look after open look. Catch and shoot homey, catch and shoot. Fred's personality is not an outgoing one, you can see that. He is timid at times. Definitely a confidence thing with him. He's the kind of player you have to stay optimistic with.

6. Of all the trash talking yesterday, it was the two white guys doing the most jawing at each other. I enjoyed that

7. Roq Johnson is the trashman. He is really doing a great job as the 6th man. Went for 13 and 8 yesterday. Got to work harder defending though.

8. Ready coming back helped. He can shoot and made a couple of very good passes. But he is also a defensive liability right now. Having to guard guys that are 6'4 is just something he cant do right now at his strength level. Hopefully that improves by next year.

9. If we can get the Thomas kid along with the Carter kid from Dallas, then we will have had a good recruiting year- rankings be damned.

10. It's Marlon Humphrey day in Starkville. Hopefully the parade is set and he enjoys the key to the city.

11. I hate we have lost Quay, but it looks like it will save Nick James in the process. Staff say since they separated the two- James has been a completely different player. He is starting to grow up some finally. If he continues on, then Eulls and PJ will be our back-up DT's. And we will be one of the best in the country at DT.

12. Hearing Malone is going to get a good look at OT and Johnson will begin at G to learn the offense there because it is easier to learn that way. With Warren moving to OT also, will give us a couple of athletic OT's.

13. All the Prescott and Heisman hype has got the BearSharks are riled up. They are doing all they can on twitter to make comparisions to Snead being in the preseason hype also. Just remind them that Eli got the same kind of hype too. They cant really say much when hit with that one.

14. Support your basketball team people. We are still rebuilding until March, but get out there and support their hardwork. SEC standings:

Florida 6-0 17-2
Kentucky 5-1 15-4
Ole Miss 5-1 14-5
Georgia 4-2 10-8
Missouri 3-3 15-4
Mississippi State 3-3 13-6
LSU 3-3 12-6
Tennessee 3-3 12-7
Texas A&M 3-3 12-7
Alabama 3-3 9-10
Arkansas 2-4 13-6
Vanderbilt 2-4 10-8
Auburn 0-6 8-9
South Carolina 0-6 7-12

Help these guys achieve a winning record this season. It gives us more confidence and helps recruiting moving forward. They need fans more than ever right now

15. **** You Marshall Henderson

In Mullen, Ray, and Cohen we trust,

C34

SDDawg
01-26-2014, 12:12 PM
I liked #15 the best. Good luck dropping those lbs Coach, I'm doing the same.

phatdog
01-26-2014, 12:46 PM
Check out the Wheat Belly Diet

Bo Darville
01-26-2014, 12:48 PM
When we recruited Malone out of MRA, I always thought of him as a tackle. Tall frame, intelligent, good feet, more of technician than a mauler. Seems like tackle is a better fit. I was surprised when he played guard honestly.

You mentioned Warren moving to tackle. Are you talking about tight end Rufus Warren? Hadn't heard that. Might be a good fit.

I too am a Rick Ray supporter and have been since the moment of the hire. I think he deserves a chance. Recruiting will tell the tale I think. Gotta get more talent.

Coach34
01-26-2014, 12:55 PM
When we recruited Malone out of MRA, I always thought of him as a tackle. Tall frame, intelligent, good feet, more of technician than a mauler. Seems like tackle is a better fit. I was surprised when he played guard honestly.

You mentioned Warren moving to tackle. Are you talking about tight end Rufus Warren? Hadn't heard that. Might be a good fit.

I too am a Rick Ray supporter and have been since the moment of the hire. I think he deserves a chance. Recruiting will tell the tale I think. Gotta get more talent.

Yeah, I always thought of Malone as a Tackle myself. And yes on Warren- somebody even reported it.

Ray won me over last year. You could see the effort and coaching. Now we are seeing more of the same this year. 2015 begins his higher expectations. Rebuilding will be over. We will have a full roster and only 1 Stands player left (Roq Johnson)

Bo Darville
01-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Yeah, I always thought of Malone as a Tackle myself. And yes on Warren- somebody even reported it.

Malone is 6'-7" which always seemed tall for a guard. Seems like the long arms that go with a tall frame make tackle more of a natural position.

Interesting on the Rufus Warren news. Hadn't heard that.

Dallas_Dawg
01-26-2014, 01:17 PM
When was it reported that Quay is officially out? Hadn't see that and heard he was in school this semester.

Bo Darville
01-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Also on Malone, he should be listed as a junior in the fall of 2014. However, he should be able to apply for a 6th year after he completes his eligibility and get it due to his injury being in the first game. So we have him for 2 more years, possibly 3.

Bark
01-26-2014, 01:22 PM
FYI, I wouldn't cut off carbs completely. They are vital to your body and you need them to produce energy. Simple carbs should be cut completely. You can still eat carbs and lose weight just make sure they are complex carbs (i.e. sweet potatoes, brown rice, whole wheat products). Complex carbs digest much slower than simple carbs. Simple carbs (white bread, white rice) are digested very quickly and your body almost always stores them as fat. Egg whites have zero carbs and are packed with protein, so make sure they are a staple in your diet. Also eat plenty of greens.

1bigdawg
01-26-2014, 01:23 PM
11. I hate we have lost Quay,

C34

I heard that Quay was still in school and would have the chance to get back on the team. Is he completely gone?

Coach34
01-26-2014, 01:36 PM
I was told that Quay is paying his way to State and no longer on scholly. He tried to transfer to USM and was denied

Look for him to land at J-State

A miracle could happen and he somehow completely changes, thus being allowed back. But I think there is a better chance of CJ Johnson transferring to State than Quay playing another snap for us