PDA

View Full Version : Been discussed, but Kendall Rogers say:

CadaverDawg
04-28-2013, 09:15 PM
That MSU is still a host at this point. Then a Hog fan started bitching to him on twitter and said, "how is #3 in the West a host over #2 Ark, when Ark beat State?". To which, Kendall replied, "Easy, State has a better overall resume".

Everyone take a deep breath.

Rogers isn't a decision maker, but he knows college baseball and based on his comments I see no reason to worry right now.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 09:18 PM
That MSU is still a host at this point. Then a Hog fan started bitching to him on twitter and said, "how is #3 in the West a host over #2 Ark, when Ark beat State?". To which, Kendall replied, "Easy, State has a better overall resume".

Everyone take a deep breath.

Rogers isn't a decision maker, but he knows college baseball and based on his comments I see no reason to worry right now.

Gotta win these last 3 series. We don't need USC to win series against vandy or Florida to win series against lsu.

Todd4State
04-28-2013, 09:19 PM
Exactly. It's up to us to take care of business at this point.

CadaverDawg
04-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Gotta win these last 3 series. We don't need USC to win series against vandy or Florida to win series against lsu.

You keep saying that, but if we sweep Bama and beat USC 2 of 3....we could probably even lose the OM series 2-1 and be fine. We'd be 16-14.

Why not look at it in terms of how we can make it, instead of how we can't make it. Glass half full!

Will James
04-28-2013, 09:40 PM
If I had to pick one side or the other, I predict we do not host.

I think we finish SEC play 15-15.

mic
04-28-2013, 09:42 PM
You keep saying that, but if we sweep Bama and beat USC 2 of 3....we could probably even lose the OM series 2-1 and be fine. We'd be 16-14.

Why not look at it in terms of how we can make it, instead of how we can't make it. Glass half full!

Agree 100%.. and I still say if we were to sweep USC and go 4-2 against Bama and Rebs. Still shot at national seed (outside shot but still shot).. 17-13, over 40 wins, have a good showing in SEC tourney, great RPI and toughest in conference schedule and prob 2nd overall toughest of teams in conference behind Fla..

msstate7
04-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I wanna see things cadavers way, but I think I agree with you will. This team is so hard to predict

State82
04-28-2013, 10:28 PM
If I had to pick one side or the other, I predict we do not host.

I think we finish SEC play 15-15.

This has been my conference prediction since before the halfway mark of the season. I am sticking to it, but really hoping we can finish a game above that. But even at 16-14 in conference, I don't see that as being enough to grab a host spot.

maroonmania
04-29-2013, 08:45 AM
I think 16-14 would do it but I'm just not convinced we will go 6-3 in our last 9 games. We certainly can but lately it seems we are snakebit. SC is getting better every week and OM and Bama are not pushovers. We either have to win 2 out of 3 every weekend OR we have to sweep one of those 3 to make up for losing any one of the other 2 series. I'm just not sure we are playing quite well enough right now to pull off any of that. A 15-15 record is more likely going 5-4 down the stretch. And if our offense doesn't start hitting better with runners in scoring position I could easily see us going 4-5. I think we will win the series at home against Bama but beating SC 2 out of 3 right now the way they are playing or winning 2 out of 3 @OM will not be easy.