PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone thought about what a solid recruiting finish could mean for us?

MetEdDawg
01-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Let's just think about the possibilities here. I know all of this happening is a stretch, but let's think about what could happen and what it could mean for our program.

Let's start with keeping Rawlings. We identify him early as a solid OL. He's a life long Ole Miss fan. What if we keep this guy even after all the attention Ole Miss gives him? Would be huge for us to get a guy that probably should go to OM even though they didn't do their job and get on him early like we did. 2nd best OL in the state and he could be ours.

Next Marlon Humphrey. One of the top players in the state.......of Alabama. Why are we in it with this guy? Top AL players go to Auburn and Alabama. They rarely leave the state of Alabama. What does that say about us that we are very much in it with him less than two weeks until signing day? Our staff has gone nuts with this guy and done EXACTLY what they've needed to do to get a top talent like him. Imagine what kind of publicity we would get if he chose us on national signing day. Program changer.

Cory Thomas. Guy loves us a lot. Once again we've stepped up to go into Alabama to try and take a solid prospect. Offers from a lot of solid schools but this is the kind of guy we could get on signing day because the staff has done what they've needed to do to position themselves in a solid spot to get him.

Then we have a pile of guys with visits and interest that we are in it for. Trey Carter, Marcus Griffin, JT Gray, Jervontius Stallings, Anthony Brown, Jordan Sims, Grant Harris, Devaroe Lawrence. We are deep on signing day with a lot of very solid prospects available that we could all say might commit to us.

I say all of this to show one, how far we've come on signing day. This is a solid group of guys that we have on signing day and it's not a scramble to fill slots. We've got options people. Secondly, just think about what the perception of our program would be if we ended with a Rawlings, Humphrey, Thomas, Carter/Harris/Griffin/Lawrence, Sims/Stallings, and Gray. This is a light class for us in terms of number of signing, but we could potentially have our best signing day ever with a ton of out of state guys and a nice mix of in state guys. I know this perfect scenario is far fetched, but I really like how we've positioned ourselves for signing day with these guys and the obvious steps forward our staff has taken in recruiting.

msstate7
01-26-2014, 10:53 AM
I expected to hear Rawlings committed to OM by now. To me this means either he's waiting to de-commit with our coaches face-to-face or he's not gone yet. Not sure which.

Glad sims hasn't committed yet either. We may be in better shape with him than thought.

Pollodawg
01-26-2014, 10:56 AM
Actually, I think Humphry is one of the best players in the country, isn't he?