PDA

View Full Version : There's one thing about Freeze that Rebel fans tend to forget

GrassOfDWS
01-25-2014, 08:35 PM
If you saw the Blind Side, I remember thinking that the coach (had no idea who Freeze was at the time) was really a jerk. He salivated over Oher when he saw him playing basketball, but when he got him on the football field, he thought he had wasted pushing an under qualified kid through.

Now, I know a lot of that was played up for Hollywood because people said Oher always knew how to play football. But I can't help but wonder after what I have read and heard about Freeze since he joined Ole Miss if the sleazy used car salesman of guy that was portrayed in the movie is a lot closer to the truth than Ole Miss fans want to believe.

SDDawg
01-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Personally, I liked him better in The Blind Side.

Noxdog
01-25-2014, 08:48 PM
NEVER WILL.

Personally, I liked him better in The Blind Side.

Coach34
01-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Nox, we had our battles in the old days- but me too brotha. No way I'm gonna watch that bullshit

FlabLoser
01-25-2014, 09:03 PM
I know a handful of people from around the Memphis area who were familiar with Freeze prior to Michael Oher. They all hate him except 1 that was in the school he coached for (everybody likes winning).

I know one guy that coached against him in football and he wouldn't pee on Freeze if Freeze were on fire.

Percho
01-25-2014, 09:05 PM
Nox, we had our battles in the old days- but me too brotha. No way I'm gonna watch that bullshit

I'm with you fellers.

Noxdog
01-25-2014, 09:07 PM
AMEN to that. So sick and tired of the spin cycle. SCREW them and their movies. Yea, we butted heads but as you know we are all DAWGS, hell even cdl loves YOU now... a little!

turkish
01-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Blind side?

BossDawg
01-25-2014, 10:08 PM
NEVER WILL.

Me neither, and I can't understand how most people can't see through the overall absurdity of the story to begin with. People eat the shit up and then ask for seconds. So the Tuohys adopted a "homeless" dude that just so happened to be a stellar athlete on everyone's radar - in a city filled with literally hundreds of legitimately homeless people in much, much worse shape than Oher.

Give me a damn break...

msstate7
01-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Me neither, and I can't understand how most people can't see through the overall absurdity of the story to begin with. People eat the shit up and then ask for seconds. So the Tuohys adopted a "homeless" dude that just so happened to be a stellar athlete on everyone's radar - in a city filled with literally hundreds of legitimately homeless people in much, much worse shape than Oher.

Give me a damn break...

Exactly. Never seen it either.

Maroonthirteen
01-25-2014, 10:28 PM

Give me a damn break...

What this guy said!

You couldn't pay me to watch it.

SDDawg
01-25-2014, 10:31 PM
I know one guy that coached against him in football and he wouldn't pee on Freeze if Freeze were on fire.

You know Dan Mullen?!

Todd4State
01-25-2014, 10:36 PM
I was forced to watch it on an airplane. It was a fluff piece.

One funny story was someone on the Ravens told Oher about the movie and said- "hey, this guys story is just like yours!"

RougeDawg
01-25-2014, 10:42 PM
I was forced to watch it on an airplane. It was a fluff piece.

One funny story was someone on the Ravens told Oher about the movie and said- "hey, this guys story is just like yours!"

Guess letting illiterates in to college is more common than we think.

Coach34
01-25-2014, 10:45 PM
what gets missed is that Oher was already a poor homeless top athlete attending a prestigious private school when he was "adopted" and saved