PDA

View Full Version : Bricks behind Home Plate

TheRef
01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
This was posted by @HailStateBB just a little while ago.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be1-1_ACAAATc1s.jpg

bully99
01-25-2014, 01:17 PM
Is that real brick or fake like our baseball field.

TheRef
01-25-2014, 01:18 PM

From all indications, that's a real brick back.

War Machine Dawg
01-25-2014, 01:20 PM
Looks good, but I wonder why we're spending money on bricking DWS with a new stadium coming in the very near future.

TheRef
01-25-2014, 01:21 PM
Looks good, but I wonder why we're spending money on bricking DWS with a new stadium coming in the very near future.

Facelift until construction? Just to make it look better than the concrete.

smootness
01-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Probably doesn't cost much and helps at least for this year and probably another after it as well.

War Machine Dawg
01-25-2014, 01:26 PM
Facelift until construction? Just to make it look better than the concrete.

Obviously. Just saying monetarily it doesn't seem like the greatest investment. But if it makes The Dude look better until we get the new college baseball Mecca built, I guess it's worth it.

messageboardsuperhero
01-25-2014, 01:39 PM

I doubt this brick tells us anything about Stricklin's long-term plan.

We'll have a lot of TV games over the next couple of years, particularly when the SEC network gets going. This is just a cheap way to make DNF look nicer on TV.

dawgoneyall
01-25-2014, 03:49 PM
But aren't they going to cover that with green padding.

Would not it have been better to brick the face of the walkway behind the first section of seats?

But it looks good.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-25-2014, 03:55 PM

So you can sell them for $200 a piece so everyone can own a piece of the dude and raise money for the new stadium.

esplanade91
01-25-2014, 11:05 PM

Depends on your idea of fake or real brick. It's real brick "blocks" like our football field and a lot of the newer buildings on campus. Pre-fab. Same material as a single brick, just in 5'x5' sheets. Cheap to install.

Bark
01-26-2014, 12:11 AM
Depends on your idea of fake or real brick. It's real brick "blocks" like our football field and a lot of the newer buildings on campus. Pre-fab. Same material as a single brick, just in 5'x5' sheets. Cheap to install.

Pretty sure they laid the baseball field wall brick by brick not panels. Check out some of the earlier pics while it was in construction.

Political Hack
01-26-2014, 09:46 AM
minor investment considering the amount of TV time and press we're going to get this year.

Jacksondevildog
01-26-2014, 09:54 AM
Exactly. That probably cost around 10k or so to build and people think that's going to derail any stadium project that we have in the future. Some people are bitching about it because it will be hard when a player runs into it. It's the same people that forget that we have had a wall of concrete there in the same place for the last 30 years.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
minor investment considering the amount of TV time and press we're going to get this year.

It didnt cost a lot and I wouldnt read too much into it...

esplanade91
01-26-2014, 02:03 PM
Nice. Must have come from the same brick shop.

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert in masonry but I know throwing some bricks over a concrete wall is a helluva lot cheaper than throwing some bricks on the side of a house. Minimal prep and materials, and I doubt the labor was all that expensive.

Same concept as throwing some pictures on the side of DWS pre-renovations. Quick fix, looks good.