PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love CL beat writer....

MabenMaroon
01-25-2014, 11:21 AM
Less than an hour ago, M Bonner tweets out that Darion Hutcherson is at Auburn this weekend after committing to MSU this past weekend. Turns out that Hutch lives about 40 miles from there and is going into the town, not a visit. Hutch, quickly shot him down.

JDog13
01-25-2014, 11:54 AM
And bonner retweeted what he said and then tweeted that he(Bonner) was an idiot. Bonner is one of the best beat writers we've had in a long time. If he ever does write something retarded, just remember....at least he's not a bear homer.

whosyourdawgy
01-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Totally agree. Bonner has done a pretty damn good job for us. He jumped the gun on Hutch and then admitted his mistake. Behind Veazey, Bonner is my favorite one of the last bunch.

LeakyD
01-25-2014, 12:09 PM
Sekou Smith was the best in my memory.

The Croom Diaries
01-25-2014, 12:11 PM
I definitely don't think he was being vicious. Bonner works really hard and is at everything covering State - dawg talks, shoot-around, you name it he is there. And he has a really positive attitude about MSU and Starkville unlike another beat reporter we have from the north.

ScottH
01-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Ian Rappaport and Sekou Smith were hands down best in my opinion.

Big gap (like the size of Seka) down to third place. But then see where those two guys are now also.

My gut tells me Bonner is going to be real good. He reports news. Doesn't try to make it.

If he makes a mistake. He owns it. Can't ask for more than that.

CWS coverage was outstanding. And best I can tell he doesn't snoop trying to dig up dirt. Beat writer and investigative journalist aren't same position day in and day out.

ScottH
01-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Double Post

whosyourdawgy
01-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Forgot about Rappaport. Big time NFL guy now. And Sekou was great as well. So I guess we are saying Marshmallow sucked then huh?

ScottH
01-25-2014, 12:45 PM
So I guess we are saying Marshmallow sucked then huh?

Like a hooker giving 2 dollar BJ's on a military base.