PDA

View Full Version : Any chance we get Frasier back next year?

Tbonewannabe
04-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Seems like LSU and vandy get these type of players to come back for their senior year.

Will James
04-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Doubtful IMO.

Maybe him and Renfroe get Maroon fever and vow for a national championship next year.

I would advise them to take the cash though.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM
Doubtful IMO.

Maybe him and Renfroe get Maroon fever and vow for a national championship next year.

I would advise them to take the cash though.

Renfroe coming back would be great for us, but an extremely dumb move by him.

MSUDawg4Life
04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
I doubt it.

Todd4State
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
It all depends on where they go in the draft and whether they think they can do better by coming back next year.

Renfroe was rated #96 a week or two ago in the top 100 draft picks list. That's a third round grade. He's just not a finished product and he may not move through the minors quickly, and that's what you are looking for in the first round with a college player. Not playing in the Cape Cod League might come back to hurt him in the draft. I really think he could be a first round pick if he is not this year. Does he want to risk it? He could go off to the Cape, kick ass, come back and have another 15-20 home run .400 season and end up like James Ramsey from Florida State that the Cardinals drafted last year in the first round and should be promoted to AA soon and probably will be in the big leagues in about a year or two.

I think Frazier has helped himself by improving his defense and his range, but he may have hurt himself with his overaggressiveness at the plate and taking fewer walks. It's a weak class for college shortstops- he was rated the number two shortstop prospect by someone, and I still think he is a second baseman at the pro level. My guess is he is a 4-10th round pick.

CadaverDawg
04-28-2013, 04:54 PM
Doubt it....but if he comes back, we should get him out of lead off if he is going to swing away like Vladimir Guerrero up there. When did he forget that lead off guys are supposed to work the count?

Dude's a hell of a player, but at this point Detz bats like more of a lead off guy than Frazier does.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 04:57 PM
Doubt it....but if he comes back, we should get him out of lead off if he is going to swing away like Vladimir Guerrero up there. When did he forget that lead off guys are supposed to work the count?

Dude's a hell of a player, but at this point Detz bats like more of a lead off guy than Frazier does.

Frazier bats lead off like Michael Bourne, but no where near the speed. He's feast or famine. He gets a hit or out and doesn't see many pitches

Goat Holder
04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Renfroe was rated #96 a week or two ago in the top 100 draft picks list. That's a third round grade. He's just not a finished product and he may not move through the minors quickly, and that's what you are looking for in the first round with a college player. Not playing in the Cape Cod League might come back to hurt him in the draft. I really think he could be a first round pick if he is not this year. Does he want to risk it? He could go off to the Cape, kick ass, come back and have another 15-20 home run .400 season and end up like James Ramsey from Florida State that the Cardinals drafted last year in the first round and should be promoted to AA soon and probably will be in the big leagues in about a year or two.

Keep dreaming, pal. Renfroe ain't coming back.

mic
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM

agree.. if he does return for his SR season we need a TRUE leadoff hitter. Frazier would be great in the 2 hole.. He makes contact and doesnt strike out much and sprays the ball all over the field. But for a leadoff He doesnt walk enough but worse is he doesnt work counts and take enough pitches. Hopefully we will have a true leadoff next year and Adam in the 2 hole..

taylor
04-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Renfroe I would say 90% gone

Frazier 50/50

Will James
04-28-2013, 10:48 PM
agree.. if he does return for his SR season we need a TRUE leadoff hitter. Frazier would be great in the 2 hole.. He makes contact and doesnt strike out much and sprays the ball all over the field. But for a leadoff He doesnt walk enough but worse is he doesnt work counts and take enough pitches. Hopefully we will have a true leadoff next year and Adam in the 2 hole..

I'm all for swapping Detz and Frazier in the lineup. Maybe CT can figure out how to get on base more.

Detz Pirtle Frazier Rea Garner Flair CT RF Robson

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 12:37 AM
From the Lettuce Eye Test: They GOne! Wish I could do GIF's:(

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2013, 12:57 AM
From the Lettuce Eye Test: They GOne! Wish I could do GIF's:(

http://theorange.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/i-can-typing.gif

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
Insert funny gif making fun of scoobadawg here: nm:(

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2013, 01:09 AM
Come on now lettuce..its nothing personal. Click Insert Image, Select from URL.. paste the link and uncheck the box for local option and post it.

Or more simple put IMG tags around the url link in any post.

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Ok. Sorry for being hostile. Its all with love.......let me chech it out

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 01:14 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/96aac8c2da5d1dc5d0f656ecfe24c37f/tumblr_mf1bzkt30e1rgz50yo1_500.gif

ScoobaDawg
04-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Congrats..I hope I have not made a mistake.

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 01:24 AM
http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb447/Survivorluvr33/GIF-46.gif

Lettuce
04-29-2013, 01:44 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/Riku741/GIFs3/bridesmaidsiloveyou.gif

maroonmania
04-29-2013, 08:32 AM
Renfroe I would say 90% gone

Frazier 50/50

And I hate to say it but if you take Renfroe and Frazier out of this lineup then next year's team is not looking so hot at the plate. If we think we are struggling to score runs now just wait until we lose those two.