PDA

View Full Version : Allegedly, the Bears have 5 no shows this weekend.

Thick
01-24-2014, 07:42 PM
You can connect the dots. They have hit the boards too with Gerri Green is on his way to Oxford. Let the head games begin!!!

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2014, 07:46 PM
You can connect the dots. They have hit the boards too with Gerri Green is on his way to Oxford. Let the head games begin!!!

Great to hear! I hope that two of them are Sawyers and Sims.

Jacksondevildog
01-24-2014, 07:51 PM
Would you mind elaborating a little further?

mic
01-24-2014, 07:51 PM
There are a lot of no shows.. Basically all commits and 2015 guys.. They are going to need Gerri and Aries to show up to help with the star power..

deltadawg99
01-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Any names on the no shows?

He is supposedly headed to Starkville tomorrow according to some around greenville.

Thick
01-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Working on it.

Thick
01-24-2014, 08:33 PM
There was a thread on 247 that listed there no shows....it's been removed.

bully99
01-24-2014, 08:34 PM
You have to be careful,because some recruits don't arrive until Saturday. Don't know about that school.

Thick
01-24-2014, 08:37 PM
These are confirmed no shows from their 247 site, Jacory Washingtin, Trey Quinn, DeMarcus Gates (OM commit is going to visit aTm), cannot find the other 2. But it's 5.

MetEdDawg
01-24-2014, 08:39 PM
According to their Scout site, all of their visitors are scheduled to arrive to today. I know on ours it has Humphrey coming on the 26th, so Scout does make note of recruits who have stated they will be on an official on a different day than the typically Friday arrival.

mic
01-24-2014, 08:47 PM
They have been crowing past 2 months about
Bo Scarbough
Rahan Evans
M Dupree
Trey Quinn
Cameron Sims
Those are who I remember ..
Plus our guys (Green, Williams, Bryant, JJ, Graham)

Im sure we will have some 2am sightings....

Thick
01-24-2014, 09:02 PM
Correction Gates is there. He's visiting aTm next week.

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2014, 09:30 PM
These are confirmed no shows from their 247 site, Jacory Washingtin, Trey Quinn, DeMarcus Gates (OM commit is going to visit aTm), cannot find the other 2. But it's 5.

That's a little disappointing, washington and quinn were pipe dreams. I was hoping that sims or sawyers didn't show up.

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 09:42 PM
They don't have their normal cash handouts once the recruit steps on campus for their visit. I know last yr they were offering between $4-10k a player just to visit for a weekend, depending on your star ranking. Hmm, wonder why the stars are absent in the Oxford skies this year???

Some of you just don't want to believe that the NCAA has basically set up shop in Oxford. If the last 4-6 months don't show you, nothing ever will.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 09:51 PM
So is green in oxford?

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2014, 09:57 PM
So is green in oxford?

Guys - We have a better chance to basically any bear commit, than they do to sign Gerri Green. He has been in the bag for months. :cool:

AlSwearengen
01-24-2014, 09:57 PM
They don't have their normal cash handouts once the recruit steps on campus for their visit. I know last yr they were offering between $4-10k a player just to visit for a weekend, depending on your star ranking. Hmm, wonder why the stars are absent in the Oxford skies this year???

Some of you just don't want to believe that the NCAA has basically set up shop in Oxford. If the last 4-6 months don't show you, nothing ever will.

I saw some rebels on one of the message boards talking about a lot of eyes being in oxford for their big recruiting weekend, so I'm sure it is real.

Statecoachingblows**
01-24-2014, 09:59 PM
Let's go through the roladex of Elitedawgs' quotes and pick one for OM big recruiting weekend...spinning...the winner is....

Nothing to see here
#wastedhookersNblow

defiantdog
01-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Green will be in Starkville tomorrow unofficially. He's going to see Cooper.

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 10:11 PM
I saw some rebels on one of the message boards talking about a lot of eyes being in oxford for their big recruiting weekend, so I'm sure it is real.

The eyes have been on more than just Oxford. The NCAA is also seeing a pattern of booster names surfacing with the reported allegations. People outside of MS are reporting names that have been surfacing with allegations from within MS for years. The "sour grapes" defense becomes invalid when you become extravagant and go outside your boundaries. Ala 2013...

Saltydog
01-24-2014, 10:24 PM
If the last 4-6 months don't show you, nothing ever will.

So, what specifically are you referring to that has transpired in the last 4-6 months..........

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 10:40 PM
So, what specifically are you referring to that has transpired in the last 4-6 months..........

are you saying you haven't noticed the stark difference in their recruiting this year, as opposed to the last 4-6 years. Even years when they won 2-4 games they had more recruiting buzz. They had tons of other teams recruits visiting, sometimes flipping multiple players a year after only one visit to Oxford. Are you even paying attention and connecting the dots? They can't be as extravagant with their payments this year, since the NCAA set up an extension service in Lafayette County.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 10:53 PM
are you saying you haven't noticed the stark difference in their recruiting this year, as opposed to the last 4-6 years. Even years when they won 2-4 games they had more recruiting buzz. They had tons of other teams recruits visiting, sometimes flipping multiple players a year after only one visit to Oxford. Are you even paying attention and connecting the dots? They can't be as extravagant with their payments this year, since the NCAA set up an extension service in Lafayette County.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, because I believe you......but I would hope that if the NCAA had set up shop in Oxford, they wouldn't still be bringing in a Top 15 class.

Schultzy
01-25-2014, 12:20 AM
I wouldn't trade our class of commitments for theirs. We have a a damn good class as far as I'm concerned.

RougeDawg
01-25-2014, 12:24 AM
Not saying you're wrong or anything, because I believe you......but I would hope that if the NCAA had set up shop in Oxford, they wouldn't still be bringing in a Top 15 class.

A lot of their current guys were on the take before the hear was turned up. I'm saying this is why we haven't seen much noise late in the game like we've seen the last decade.

Is there class really that much better than ours? If you are a star guy, and look at both classes they are almost identical based on average rank player. They just have more space in this years class, thus their rank is higher. Based on our average rating we would be a top 20-15 class right now if we had the quantity of players committed. We also are in the running for a great fonish. Not to mention, we have a class full of "Mullen" guys. You've got to factor in the OM attrition. A secondary result of their high attrition is also the reason they have more open spots than most programs do each year. This helps elevate the "perceived" great class they have every year. The cycle creates a false sense of talent up there. Only a handful if their class committed once and season started and the may lose one of those in Speaks. Another is 5th year sophomore Liggins. There class isn't what it's made out to be.

I went on a tangent but they aren't using the "gun slinger" approach with hundo handouts this year as they have in recent memory.

DawgPoundRock
01-25-2014, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't trade our class of commitments for theirs. We have a a damn good class as far as I'm concerned.

This ^^^^^^

CadaverDawg
01-25-2014, 12:27 AM
A lot of their current guys were on the take before the hear was turned up. I'm saying this is why we haven't seen much noise late in the game like we've seen the last decade.

Is there class really that much better than ours? If you are a star guy, and look at both classes they are almost identical based on average rank player. They just have more space in this years class, thus their rank is higher. Based on our average rating we would be a top 20-15 class right now if we had the quantity of players committed. We also are in the running for a great fonish. Not to mention, we have a class full of "Mullen" guys. You've got to factor in the OM attrition. A secondary result of their high attrition is also the reason they have more open spots than most programs do each year. This helps elevate the "perceived" great class they have every year. The cycle creates a false sense of talent up there. Only a handful if their class committed once and season started and the may lose one of those in Speaks. Another is 5th year sophomore Liggins. There class isn't what it's made out to be.

I went on a tangent but they aren't using the "gun slinger" approach with hundo handouts this year as they have in recent memory.

I agree with this. I have thought since early on that our class is super underrated. Theirs has several typical star boosters that will never contribute

FlabLoser
01-25-2014, 01:06 AM
There is a shocking lack of twitter traffic on recruitapalooza in Oxford. Its so damn quiet, it is obvious that the powers up north have communication on lock down. Interesting.

SDDawg
01-25-2014, 01:48 AM
There is a shocking lack of twitter traffic on recruitapalooza in Oxford. Its so damn quiet, it is obvious that the powers up north have communication on lock down. Interesting.

Most likely because of the no shows and their lack of "star power" this weekend...

sbcmortgageman
01-25-2014, 07:59 AM

Is this what landed in Veazey's mailbox?

RougeDawg
01-25-2014, 08:07 AM
Is this what landed in Veazey's mailbox?

No.

thejunction1977
01-25-2014, 08:21 AM
I'm familiar with the Epps situation. It may be the one that takes the Rebears down.

msstate7
01-25-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm familiar with the Epps situation. It may be the one that takes the Rebears down.

Do tell. No need to protect OM here

RougeDawg
01-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Do tell. No need to protect OM here

And those pathetic losers can't come here and perform their infamous spin cycle and get the thread locked.

Send your info to some writers. I'm sure there are some out there who want to bring down a very obvious cheater. Kinda like the Feds knowing what Al Capone was doing all along, got really close several times to nailing him, and finally nabbed him for tax evasion. Only similar in that the authorities knew what was going on, but old Al always got away with "Murder" until they found a way to get him.

Saltydog
01-25-2014, 10:48 AM
during that 4-6 year time span........Not trying to discredit you Rouge because obviously you must know something that I don't but the inevitable truth of the matter is that sooo many teams and programs seem to be untouchable.......It seems to be more "selective" in nature, unless you have an idiot like Bracky Brett who throws you under the proverbial bus.........

maroonmania
01-25-2014, 12:23 PM
during that 4-6 year time span........Not trying to discredit you Rouge because obviously you must know something that I don't but the inevitable truth of the matter is that sooo many teams and programs seem to be untouchable.......It seems to be more "selective" in nature, unless you have an idiot like Bracky Brett who throws you under the proverbial bus.........

It does seem like, unless you have incompetence in your compliance department like we do, about all you are going to get in the recruiting game is a message from the NCAA and Slive to cool it. Now if you have guys already on campus selling stuff for money that's a different matter.

smootness
01-25-2014, 12:31 PM

I agree with this, and it's not homerism. For one, we will end up with a stud QB in this class; they have no one, unless they actually think a Doss can play QB in the SEC.

Also, they don't have the RB they still need.

I would love to have the Speaks/McDowell combo at DT and Taylor on the OL, but I'll take Green and Williams over anyone in their class.

Pack, Epps, Russell, Webster...eh. Good players but not anything superior to what we're bringing in.