PDA

View Full Version : Deshea Townsend

defiantdog
01-24-2014, 01:59 PM
Deshea visited Marlon Humphrey again last night

Big4Dawg
01-24-2014, 02:01 PM
Deshea Townsend is teaching him proper hat fake technique.

thf24
01-24-2014, 02:21 PM
I'd like to think our coaches wouldn't be putting this much effort into Humphrey at this point if they didn't think we have a very real shot at landing him.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Sounds like ole Deshea is looking to make a splash here. Would be great. TSUNBearHunter can probably fill us in on how the visit went after he hits the gym today.**

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2014, 02:24 PM
I'd like to think our coaches wouldn't be putting this much effort into Humphrey at this point if they didn't think we have a very real shot at landing him.

This

msstate7
01-24-2014, 02:25 PM
Sounds like ole Deshea is looking to make a splash here. Would be great. TSUNBearHunter can probably fill us in on how the visit went after he hits the gym today.**
I laughed

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 02:26 PM
We definitely have a shot here. I think Marlon is a good honest young man who wouldn't lead on our coaches for nothing. Not saying we land him for sure, but yes we are definitely in play here and sit in better position than we ever have.

Percho
01-24-2014, 02:54 PM
I laughed

Me too.

SDDawg
01-24-2014, 03:01 PM
Every day that passes is a good day for us. We want this one to go to signing day if necessary, it's only good for us to let it play out.

smootness
01-24-2014, 03:06 PM
Every day that passes is a good day for us. We want this one to go to signing day if necessary, it's only good for us to let it play out.

Yep. He has had every opportunity to go ahead and commit to Bama if that's what he wants to do, and he doesn't seem like the kind of kid who wants to announce on NSD just to get the attention from it.

It seems to me like he has mostly favored Bama and FSU throughout the process but that we have continued coming on strong and have been a clear #3 for him, a program he likes with coaches he has a good relationship with. He is taking a visit to each of the schools he's considering, so it seems like he's really doing his homework so he can make the best decision for himself.

Our coaches keep going all out for him, including Dudley, and seem to be spending a lot of time putting together the best possible pitch. That, combined with the fact that they will be able to devote 100% of their attention to him and his family while he's on his visit, tells me that we're still in the picture and that he legitimately hasn't yet made up his mind.

It's still hard for me to see him doing anything but going to Bama, but I don't think he's decided yet, which means we still have a shot to change his mind.

chef dixon
01-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Man if we land Humphrey I'll be pumped. With his pedigree + the TSUN comments he made a while back, he'll instantly be a lot of people's favorite, true maroon as hell

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Having a guy like Deshea probably gets people to listen to you. I mean, he was playing in the NFL as late as 2010, so these kids know who he is. It will be a very pleasant surprise if Marlon signs with us, but I hope no one is actually getting their hopes up about it.

ShotgunDawg
01-24-2014, 03:49 PM
I am not sure why, but I have a good feeling about this: Perhaps it's unwarranted, but it seems as though Humphrey would have eliminated us if he wasn't serious about coming to State. At this point, he has had plenty of time to consider whether or not he would actually sign with, but he still seems to be interested.

1. Why hasn't he committed to Bama
2. Why is he missing school, taking up our coaches time for a mid-week visit, if he wasn't serious?

Our coaches wouldn't be putting in this time unless they really felt they have a chance.

Dawg61
01-24-2014, 06:31 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe he just doesn't want Psycho Saban as his coach. He is a DB and Saban likes to obsess over the DBs so maybe going to the school 80 miles West of TTown that just put 2 DBs into the NFL in the 2nd round (1 making rookie 1st team) isn't all that bad of an idea. We are throwing out the red carpet for him with the track coach fully on board. MSU is a pretty damn good opportunity for Marlon. We've been showing him the most love of anyone for a long time now. He has to feel like part of both teams for MSU by this point and that's exactly what he will be if he signs with us.

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2014, 06:42 PM
Hope Townsend is wearing his Super Bowl ring when he goes for a visit.

Schultzy
01-24-2014, 06:51 PM
He may also understand that Saban isn't going to coach there two or three more years.

chainedup_Dawg
01-24-2014, 06:52 PM
Even if he ends up going to Bama or FSU over us, I will still wish every kid handled the process like he has. The guy is obviously making sure he is going to be satisfied with his decision for the long haul. If every kid did their homework like him, I might actually be able to follow recruiting much closer than I do.

defiantdog
01-24-2014, 06:59 PM
Hope Townsend is wearing his Super Bowl ring when he goes for a visit.

Doesn't matter .... Bobby Humphrey really likes Deshea. Kirby Smart will be coaching db's again at Bama, but I believe Humphrey knows he'll have to work his ass off for a spot his freshman year. Especially with Maurice Smith and Tony Brown there as db's. With us, he could be the Chris Jones of the secondary not just another player.

bulldawg28
01-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Doesn't matter .... Bobby Humphrey really likes Deshea. Kirby Smart will be coaching db's again at Bama, but I believe Humphrey knows he'll have to work his ass off for a spot his freshman year. Especially with Maurice Smith and Tony Brown there as db's. With us, he could be the Chris Jones of the secondary not just another player.

I wouldn't go that far. The truth is he'd have to work harder to play at State than he would Bama his freshman year. How ironic is that?

Joe Schmedlap
01-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Why is everyone thinking State has no shot at this guy? State is putting DB's in the NFL and has a dynamic DB coach in Deshea Townsend. Young Marlon Humphrey can get to the league from Mississippi State just as easily as he can from U of A. Plus, he can blaze his own path in Starkville and help State get to a few New Years Day bowl games while he is a Bulldog.

Coach34
01-24-2014, 07:16 PM
1. Why hasn't he committed to Bama

because he wants the signing day notoriety and the hat fake

esplanade91
01-24-2014, 10:58 PM
True Bama fans must really hate Deshea right now. If Hump picks us all records of his playing career will be destroyed, at least for 30 seconds between that news and the next 5 star's LOI fax coming in.

sbcmortgageman
01-25-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm fairly confident we're in 2nd place now behind Bama.

Pollodawg
01-25-2014, 09:38 AM
I would love for him to come here, but since I don't see that happening, I am content with the knowledge that when Dan got here, this kid would have probably thrown a letter from us in the trash. We've made some strides people.