PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow at the Sad Pad

It_Could_Happen
01-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I think this our best chance to get a road win this year. Also, if we win tomorrow the hump will be rocking on Thursday for Florida. I think this a huge game for Rick Ray and our program, and I honestly think we go in there and get a win. Thoughts?

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I think it's a big game, but I don't like our chances. This team is just not a good road team yet, but they will get there. Henderson will be a tough matchup and I don't even know if Ready will be back, do you?

I hope we can pull it out, but it will be tough. Ole Miss will be "playing out of hate" so they will be tough to beat at home.*

CJDAWG85
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM
No. I think they handle us pretty good tomorrow. Bama was a "winnable" game on the road too and that wasn't pretty. If we win, it's massive for our team and program overall. I hope we do, but just don't think it will be pretty.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:53 PM
Gonna need ware to play much better than he did wed, Marshall to do a lot of cold shooting, and Fred to continue playing well. All are possible, but not sure we get it done

smootness
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
It would be monumental if we could pull of that win, for several reasons.

As Cadaver said, though, it's going to be very tough, especially if Ready still can't go.

spiritual_machine2005
01-24-2014, 01:54 PM
If we get a win i will wet myself. It will seriously put a downer on their big recruiting party weekend.

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Very much disagree. One of our least likely road wins in my view. Auburn, Vandy and GA will be our best opportunities for road wins as I see it.

smootness
01-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Their recruiting party will be a downer in and of itself based on who is going to be showing up.

But if we win tomorrow and go to 4-2 in conference, with a really good road win, then Ray is going to start getting a little bit of national attention.

It_Could_Happen
01-24-2014, 02:00 PM
I think we should put Fred on Marshall and just tell him do not leave his numbers all night. I think Fred is a little bigger than Marshall so I think thats our best option. If we stop Marshall we should have a chance.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Their recruiting party will be a downer in and of itself based on who is going to be showing up.

But if we win tomorrow and go to 4-2 in conference, with a really good road win, then Ray is going to start getting a little bit of national attention.

If ray pulls that off and keeps winning here, he's gonna be mentioned as a candidate for other jobs very soon

msstate7
01-24-2014, 02:02 PM
I think we should put Fred on Marshall and just tell him do not leave his numbers all night. I think Fred is a little bigger than Marshall so I think thats our best option. If we stop Marshall we should have a chance.

I want Fred on him too, but it will be 10,000 screens set for him so someone will have to help out

chef dixon
01-24-2014, 02:02 PM
If ray pulls that off and keeps winning here, he's gonna be mentioned as a candidate for other jobs very soon

You won't get a job better than MSU unless you start making the NCAA tournament a few times in a row.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
You won't get a job better than MSU unless you start making the NCAA tournament a few times in a row.

If ray gets us in the nit or even the discussion of it, he's gonna be a hot coach. He is really doing a great job

smootness
01-24-2014, 02:07 PM

This, plus I wouldn't be very worried anyway, even if it happened. State is a good job; the SEC is down but it's still a very good job and a coach would only leave for a few big-time jobs, none of which even have Ray on their radar as of now.

We would have to win at a really big level and stay there for the type of schools likely to be able to sway him to come calling.

It_Could_Happen
01-24-2014, 02:08 PM
I want Fred on him too, but it will be 10,000 screens set for him so someone will have to help out

If Cunningham is as good of a defender as ray says he is we could put him on Marshall.

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 02:10 PM

So Ray to Penn State rumors will start surfacing if we win tomorrow?**

msstate7
01-24-2014, 02:12 PM
So Ray to Penn State rumors will start surfacing if we win tomorrow?**

I hope so. I love it when our coaches are mentioned as candidates at other schools. Means we've got a good one

MarketingBully01
01-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Will be tough to win there. I am not expecting us to. They will have Marshall and if we don't have Ready it will probably be a 20+ point win for them. I will say this though. We have won the games we should have won which is a step in the right direction. I will take a 3-2 record in the SEC at this moment. Our next must wins are Vandy and Georgia. If we win any others between now and those, it's gravy.

trob115
01-24-2014, 03:36 PM

I hope we have to hear those discussions. Would be a huge step up from last year. I already am impressed with how the team plays this year. I just wish we had a consistent 3pt shooter on the team.

smootness
01-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I can't consider any road games a 'must win' right now. I don't really think we have such a thing as a must win until next year.

Vandy is probably our only solid chance at a win in our next 5, though, but it's still going to be tough on the road. We need to have Ready back by then or we could get blown out away from home, like we did in the Bama game.

I think we have 7 more games with a legitimate chance at a win:
@Vandy
UGA
@Auburn
Arkansas
Tennessee
@UGA
South Carolina

The road games will still be tough, and I don't realistically see more than 4-5 wins out of that group at most, but if we win any outside of those, I'll be shocked.

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-24-2014, 03:59 PM
I can't consider any road games a 'must win' right now. I don't really think we have such a thing as a must win until next year.

Vandy is probably our only solid chance at a win in our next 5, though, but it's still going to be tough on the road. We need to have Ready back by then or we could get blown out away from home, like we did in the Bama game.

I think we have 7 more games with a legitimate chance at a win:
@Vandy
UGA
@Auburn
Arkansas
Tennessee
@UGA
South Carolina

The road games will still be tough, and I don't realistically see more than 4-5 wins out of that group at most, but if we win any outside of those, I'll be shocked.

Yeah, I am only slightly altering my hopes for the season. Before I was hoping for 17 wins...now I am hoping for 18.

Coach34
01-24-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm sticking with 17...is what I predicted and seeing it thru. We should be able to go 4-10 the rest of the way

bully99
01-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Bears -12 Gonna be a tough game