PDA

View Full Version : So let me get this straight about recruiting right now...

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 01:15 PM
We are trying to lock down studs like Marlon Humphrey and Cory Thomas this weekend, while ole miss is having to spend a weekend trying to get an OM fan, and 3 star OL, to switch his allegiances to them....and we've got some people worried about this?

Guys, we are in the driver's seat right now. OM obviously feels that we have a good shot at Sims, plus we will likely sign Stallings as well. Meanwhile, we've got FAR bigger things to consume ourselves with, like whether or not we land Cory Thomas and Marlon Humphrey. OM doesn't have any guys like that to chase right now, thus the time being spent on an OM fan and 3 star OL.

I'm not saying Rawlings isn't good, he is, but he isn't a game changer for our recruiting class. Our class doesn't suck without him. He was just a good piece. I wish him the best and I would have done the same.

I just wish our fans would quit buying into Rawlings now being this huge steal by OM. No he isn't. A huge steal will be us stealing Cory Thomas and if we can land Humphrey. Don't make a Rawlings decommit a bigger thing than it is.

LiterallyPolice
01-24-2014, 01:21 PM
+1.

Wake me up when some real recruiting drama unfolds. I think after last year's late shenanigans, people are itching for some excitement.

EAVdog
01-24-2014, 01:22 PM
We are trying to lock down studs like Marlon Humphrey and Cory Thomas this weekend, while ole miss is having to spend a weekend trying to get an OM fan, and 3 star OL, to switch his allegiances to them....and we've got some people worried about this?

Guys, we are in the driver's seat right now. OM obviously feels that we have a good shot at Sims, plus we will likely sign Stallings as well. Meanwhile, we've got FAR bigger things to consume ourselves with, like whether or not we land Cory Thomas and Marlon Humphrey. OM doesn't have any guys like that to chase right now, thus the time being spent on an OM fan and 3 star OL.

I'm not saying Rawlings isn't good, he is, but he isn't a game changer for our recruiting class. Our class doesn't suck without him. He was just a good piece. I wish him the best and I would have done the same.

I just wish our fans would quit buying into Rawlings now being this huge steal by OM. No he isn't. A huge steal will be us stealing Cory Thomas and if we can land Humphrey. Don't make a Rawlings decommit a bigger thing than it is.

I like the Rawlings kid but if we end up with JT Gray I'll be just as happy. We can get a JUCO Guard/Center down the road if we need to build depth. Getting Cory Thomas to flip this weekend would be huge, he goes to his OV to Tenn next weekend. Plus there is no guarantee that Jordan Sims is an OM lock. They stayed late last weekend and were very impressed with MSU. And now Vandy has come in late for him. His family seemed like education was very important to them.

SDDawg
01-24-2014, 01:38 PM
I like the Rawlings kid but if we end up with JT Gray I'll be just as happy. We can get a JUCO Guard/Center down the road if we need to build depth. Getting Cory Thomas to flip this weekend would be huge, he goes to his OV to Tenn next weekend. Plus there is no guarantee that Jordan Sims is an OM lock. They stayed late last weekend and were very impressed with MSU. And now Vandy has come in late for him. His family seemed like education was very important to them.

Nailed it, we are in the mix with some big time talent and hopefully the Rawlings kid stays on the boat as well. Great time to be a Bulldog!!!!!!!!!!!!

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 02:02 PM

Who is really worried about it? I give zero shits where he goes and guys who go out with a girl because he's her 4th-5th choice, deserve their fate and ultimate demise when she finds the next shiny new thing. Everything works out like it is meant to work out, in the end. Hope he enjoys those thanksgiving ass whoopins.

gtowndawg
01-24-2014, 02:02 PM
well said.