PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss offers Sean Rawlings

slickdawg
01-24-2014, 12:02 PM
per Mr. David on twitter.

Ole Miss has offered 2014 MRA OL Sean Rawlings

starkvegasdawg
01-24-2014, 12:06 PM
If this is the worst they can do with a merry flipmas then I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. Like somebody said in an earlier thread - this time last year they were after the #2 recruit in the nation. This year they are after a two star private school kid. I still find it funny that they say they can't even invite Aeris Williams up there on an OV because numbers are too tight but they have room for Rawlings. Riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttttt.....makes perfect sense.

GreenheadDawg
01-24-2014, 12:15 PM
If this is the worst they can do with a merry flipmas then I think I'll just roll over and go back to sleep. Like somebody said in an earlier thread - this time last year they were after the #2 recruit in the nation. This year they are after a two star private school kid. I still find it funny that they say they can't even invite Aeris Williams up there on an OV because numbers are too tight but they have room for Rawlings. Riiiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttttt.....makes perfect sense.

You got it.. They lost the egg bowl and aren't makin the big splash in recruiting that they did last year. This is a way to keep up the perception that they are on top. If Rawlings was committed to ULL he wouldn't even get a phone call from OM, but freeze gets wood over flipping State recruits and it keeps the sheep happy because they won the recruiting championship again. It's already been mentioned but it's becoming obvious that freeze can't evaluate or develop talent he relies on others to do that for him. With or without Rawlings we will skull drag them again in Oxford and I don't think it will even be close this year. All I know is if I was committed to any school other than state and they came in at the last second I would be in Starkville because myself and my family are die-hard MSU, so i can live with this kid flipping.

CottonDistrictDawg
01-24-2014, 12:17 PM
Say what you want, but this is bullshit and it pisses me off! They go after the stars and when it doesn't work out they come poach our guys who have been committed to us for over a year. They didn't even talk to this kid until two weeks ago! I don't want them taking anyone from us...he's a good player.

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 12:18 PM
You got it.. They lost the egg bowl and aren't makin the big splash in recruiting that they did last year. This is a way to keep up the perception that they are on top. If Rawlings was committed to ULL he wouldn't even get a phone call from OM, but freeze gets wood over flipping State recruits and it keeps the sheep happy because they won the recruiting championship again. It's already been mentioned but it's becoming obvious that freeze can't evaluate or develop talent he relies on others to do that for him. With or without Rawlings we will skull drag them again in Oxford and I don't think it will even be close this year. All I know is if I was committed to any school other than state and they came in at the last second I would be in Starkville because myself and my family are die-hard MSU, so i can live with this kid flipping.

Bingo

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Say what you want, but this is bullshit and it pisses me off! They go after the stars and when it doesn't work out they come poach our guys who have been committed to us for over a year. They didn't even talk to this kid until two weeks ago! I don't want them taking anyone from us...he's a good player.

Did he commit yet? Calm down

smootness
01-24-2014, 12:21 PM

Calm down, this kid is an Ole Miss fan, that's the only reason they even have a shot. They've tried coming after all our other commits and it didn't even result in a visit.

They're not some slick recruiting machine as it appeared last year. They got lucky that some of the top players in the entire country had big ties to Ole Miss, and they were able to convince them all to show up together. That won't ever happen again, and now we're seeing what happens when that is the case. They get a few good players and strike out on everybody else.

CottonDistrictDawg
01-24-2014, 12:21 PM
No...but I get sick of Bucky doing this type crap!

smootness
01-24-2014, 12:24 PM
He doesn't 'do' this type crap, at least not successfully. They pulled exactly 0 of our guys last year, unless you actually consider Kailo Moore a legitimate commit, and they only might pull Rawlings last year.

Coach34
01-24-2014, 12:26 PM

This not close to being correct

They had been in contact with him, but slow played him while they were chasing other players. He had only been committed to us since the Fall- so we're talking 4 months. He comes from an Ole Miss family- he should go there imo

slickdawg
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
I don't think it's Bucky, necessarily. The alumni love to screw with State people. They did this with Orgeron and Nutt, they are doing it with Freeze.

Brassell, Singleton, Ward, CJ, but they swung and missed on Chris Jones.

Coach34
01-24-2014, 12:27 PM
No...but I get sick of Bucky doing this type crap!

this is the first player he has ever "flipped"

CadaverDawg
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
He doesn't 'do' this type crap, at least not successfully. They pulled exactly 0 of our guys last year, unless you actually consider Kailo Moore a legitimate commit, and they only might pull Rawlings last year.

Exactly. Don't fall for the bullshit..they rarely "steal" anyone from us. They just try to make it appear that way by "flipping" their own commits like Epps. It's embarrassing and shows their obsession. We own them on the field almost as much as we own their heads 24/7

Coach34
01-24-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't think it's Bucky, necessarily. The alumni love to screw with State people. They did this with Orgeron and Nutt, they are doing it with Freeze.

Brassell, Singleton, Ward, CJ, but they swung and missed on Chris Jones.

Singleton and Ward never committed to State

smootness
01-24-2014, 12:33 PM
Rawlings' twitter background is now Ole Miss players and the Landshark crap. He gone.

Coach34
01-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Rawlings' twitter background is now Ole Miss players and the Landshark crap. He gone.

Good for him. He needed to go there- that's his team.

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 12:36 PM
This not close to being correct

They had been in contact with him, but slow played him while they were chasing other players. He had only been committed to us since the Fall- so we're talking 4 months. He comes from an Ole Miss family- he should go there imo

No, he should not just go there, he and his family should decide where the best place for him to be is. He would certainly not be the first player to have grown up a fan of one school and end up going somewhere else to play ball. He may have a better relationship with our coaches and goodness knows we have a MUCH better track record of developing players since Mullen has been at MSU than OM does. Seems to be an upstanding kid with an upstanding family so let them make the decision and life will go on either way. Yes, it would sting a little to lose Rawlings and I want him but this isn't a Chris Jones level player we are talking about here.

smootness
01-24-2014, 12:37 PM

Yeah, I don't begrudge him. This is a guy that Ole Miss fans have claimed the whole time wasn't worth the offer. I liked him as a prospect, but it isn't a huge loss.

Just goes to show that the recruits who waver near the end or remain uncommitted are the ones who get made out to be more than they are, no matter how good they actually are.

bully99
01-24-2014, 12:40 PM
What Twitter account are you looking at. Saw one that had msu commit still

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I don't begrudge him. This is a guy that Ole Miss fans have claimed the whole time wasn't worth the offer. I liked him as a prospect, but it isn't a huge loss.

Just goes to show that the recruits who waver near the end or remain uncommitted are the ones who get made out to be more than they are, no matter how good they actually are.

Yep, pretty shocking that Freeze is willing to take the hit on their recruiting ranking they will get by taking Rawlings.

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 12:43 PM
His twitter Bio still says MSU commit but his background is indeed bear players

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 12:43 PM
https://twitter.com/RAWL35

msstate7
01-24-2014, 12:44 PM

I even hope he gets to play this year in egg bowl. He should handle chris jones easily**

cheewgumm
01-24-2014, 12:45 PM
I think he needs to go there, if he really loves them and all. Freeze using Mullen as a talent evaluator.

messageboardsuperhero
01-24-2014, 12:47 PM
I hate that it went down this way, but if UM is where Rawlings really and truly wants to be, then that's where he should go.

And contrary to popular belief amongst UM fans, Rawlings is not a wasted scholarship- he's a good player.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I hate that it went down this way, but if UM is where Rawlings really and truly wants to be, then that's where he should go.

And contrary to popular belief amongst UM fans, Rawlings is not a wasted scholarship- he's a good player.

The only people I've seen say he's a wasted scholarship are OM fans.

messageboardsuperhero
01-24-2014, 12:48 PM
I think he needs to go there, if he really loves them and all. Freeze using Mullen as a talent evaluator.

Yep. Freeze evaluates players by either A) looking at their 247 star ranking, or B) looking at who we're recruiting.

DawgPoundRock
01-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Geez if its his dream to play for OM then he should go play there. If I was offered by my dream school I would go regardless who offered me. They will get rawlings, but lose speaks to LSU. We will be just fine

msstate7
01-24-2014, 12:58 PM
I just wish we could somehow pull sims. This would ease any hurt I may feel

codeDawg
01-24-2014, 12:59 PM

Exactly. If this is what he wants, good for him. He chose his family's loyalty to UM over a better professional situation at MSU. That's his choice to make.

Look, I can leave where I am an make a lot more money in much more attractive places, but I am where I am for my family. Life is not black and white.

thunderclap
01-24-2014, 12:59 PM
Screw it. Who do we have waiting in line? We will see him next year because his redshirt year probably disappears at OM.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Delete. I don't see that background

Original48
01-24-2014, 01:12 PM
No sweat. Delete.

AlSwearengen
01-24-2014, 01:15 PM

Yeah, he should be used to watching State beat olemiss at this point, so that won't be a big problem for him as a player.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:16 PM
I don't know what people are talking about on his twitter. It's his high school picture with 'Miss St commit' still written under it.

Yeah I trusted what someone said. That was part I didnt like. I deleted what I said. Edit out my comment please

LiterallyPolice
01-24-2014, 01:16 PM
I feel like some people are trying to make this out to be dramatic when it really isn't. It isn't like this guy is trying to play the system. And it isn't like he is the #2 recruit in the country making midnight trips to Oxford. There doesn't seem to be anything shady going on at all. It's just a guy who is getting a late offer from a school he's always been a fan of. I'm happy for him either way. And either way, we're going to continue to beat UM on the field.

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 01:17 PM
Delete. I don't see that background

On his twitter? its not the background behind his picture its the wallpaper background behind everything.

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 01:19 PM

As usual, seems to have been a rough year on the recruiting front for us on the OL:

Tyler Jones, OL - gets NC State offer -- gone
Norman Hand, OL - gets USM offer -- gone
Sean Rawlings, OL - get OM offer -- writing is on the wall

So right now we sit with Johnson, Harris and Calhoun and likely to get Stallings since OM won't offer him given they've gone after Rawlings and a shot at Sims but he's another we are likely to lose to OM. The guys we end up with may or may not work out well but I continue to say that as far as getting guys in demand we do worse on OL recruiting than any other position on the team.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:26 PM
I don't know what people are talking about on his twitter. It's his high school picture with 'Miss St commit' still written under it.

He's right. It's there on computer but not iPhone app

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:27 PM
On his twitter? its not the background behind his picture its the wallpaper background behind everything.

Yep on computer, but not iPhone app

Sacrifice
01-24-2014, 01:33 PM
We may or may not loss Rawlings who knows but overall I think our coaches have busted there ass recruiting this year. It seems to me like there just a different type of energy now from the coaches all the way to former players as far as recruiting goes.

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 01:35 PM
Yep on computer, but not iPhone app

What are you trying to say?

RougeDawg
01-24-2014, 01:38 PM
Singleton and Ward never committed to State

Their handlers wouldn't allow such things to happen and you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 01:38 PM
What are you trying to say?

Saying you were right. iPhone app just doesn't show what you're talking about, but twitter on computer does

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2014, 01:46 PM
Their handlers wouldn't allow such things to happen and you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Im worried this is going on with Cory Thomas. He doesn't seem to be making his own choice.

hacker
01-24-2014, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/zkc8iDU.png?1

dickiedawg
01-24-2014, 03:15 PM
I no longer begrudge anyone who wants to bad mouth the kid. Heck I may go back and read all the crap his dad was selling on 247 less than a week ago and get ticked off about it myself.

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 03:19 PM
There's no need to badmouth the young man. He got a committable offer to his dream school and all signs are pointing that he's going to take it. Time to be the bigger fan base and congratulate him on this opportunity. Best of luck Sean, but look out for Chris Jones on Thanksgiving.

FISHDAWG
01-24-2014, 03:22 PM
agree totally - good luck Sean

smootness
01-24-2014, 03:23 PM
I no longer begrudge anyone who wants to bad mouth the kid. Heck I may go back and read all the crap his dad was selling on 247 less than a week ago and get ticked off about it myself.

Anyone who read anything the family or Sean said and assumed they were saying, 'We would never, ever go to Ole Miss!' can only blame themselves.

All you had to do is read what they said. They always said they loved State, felt at home there, and were ready to go but anytime someone brought up Ole Miss, the response was, 'I'm not going to focus on what could happen, I'm going to focus on what I have, and I'm committed to Mississippi State'. Which is the way anyone would handle it.

Had they all said, 'Well, we're committed to State, but as soon as Ole Miss offers, we're gone,' everyone would have killed them then, too. It's a no-win situation. And ultimately, it's a HS kid deciding his future. It really has 0 to do with any of us.

cheewgumm
01-24-2014, 03:27 PM
"You're welcome Sean." - Dan Mullen

HancockCountyDog
01-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Anyone who read anything the family or Sean said and assumed they were saying, 'We would never, ever go to Ole Miss!' can only blame themselves.

All you had to do is read what they said. They always said they loved State, felt at home there, and were ready to go but anytime someone brought up Ole Miss, the response was, 'I'm not going to focus on what could happen, I'm going to focus on what I have, and I'm committed to Mississippi State'. Which is the way anyone would handle it.

Had they all said, 'Well, we're committed to State, but as soon as Ole Miss offers, we're gone,' everyone would have killed them then, too. It's a no-win situation. And ultimately, it's a HS kid deciding his future. It really has 0 to do with any of us.

I agree - I think their family has handled a tough situation as well as they could. Time to focus on Thomas, Humphrey, and Stallings.

msstate7
01-24-2014, 03:43 PM

So he's still committed to state and he immediately puts OM images on twitter without the decency to de-commit first. Real classy...

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 03:45 PM
I agree - I think their family has handled a tough situation as well as they could. Time to focus on Thomas, Humphrey, and Stallings.

Its really nothing more than a Keith Holcombe situation that unfortunately happened much later in the process. I do think it is VERY tacky for him to put all the Rebel crap on his twitter while he is still committed to us assuming he just recently did that. NOT very classy. Could have easily waited on that until he made the official flip.

smootness
01-24-2014, 03:47 PM
So he's still committed to state and he immediately puts OM images on twitter without the decency to de-commit first. Real classy...

Who the heck knows. It could have been someone that hacked his profile for all we know.

Regardless, though, again it has nothing to do with any of us. He can and should do what he wants.

scottycameron
01-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Its really nothing more than a Keith Holcombe situation that unfortunately happened much later in the process. I do think it is VERY tacky for him to put all the Rebel crap on his twitter while he is still committed to us assuming he just recently did that. NOT very classy. Could have easily waited on that until he made the official flip.

Seems weird. I'm thinking he has always had that OM stuff on there, but I don't twitter. Any of you tweet nerds know if it is new or always been there? Why would you add it now? Makes no sense. Then again it should have come off their when he committed to us if indeed it has been on their a long time. Shoot, nothing really makes much sense with it. I give up.

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 03:57 PM
It was just added today, and if I had to guess he has already decommitted from us and committed to the bears. It just hasn't gone public yet

scottycameron
01-24-2014, 04:00 PM
well then why did he leave the part about MSU commit on there? If he went to the trouble of adding the bearshark thing then he would take off the "MSU commit" tag, no?????

TexasDawg
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Good point

maroonmania
01-24-2014, 04:28 PM
well then why did he leave the part about MSU commit on there? If he went to the trouble of adding the bearshark thing then he would take off the "MSU commit" tag, no?????

Exactly, that is what is strange, having both the MSU commit line and the RebelBearShark background on there at the same time.

dedawg9
01-24-2014, 04:50 PM

1st post longtime reader........The bear shark images have been on his background for awhile. I looked at his twitter account over a month ago and saw it. I remember thinking it was odd then since he was a State commit. In the foreground he did have a picture of Davis Wade where it shows the mountain scene now. The Davis Wade photo was still there yesterday so that has been changed in the last 24 hours.

Political Hack
01-24-2014, 05:49 PM
I'd advise reserving judgement until tomorrow on this one. One nights sleep isn't long to wait to find out... and then we'll know. Not sure why anyone is sweating this one. Would love to hVe him be a dawg, but if his heart belongs to the plantation, then we should wish him good luck and let it go. He's just an 18 year old kid.