PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

BogeyGolfer
01-23-2014, 02:43 PM
Some of you need to pump the brakes.. Remember if 6-8 of our signees are still with us in four years it will be a successful class. Let that sink....

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Some of you need to pump the brakes.. Remember if 6-8 of our signees are still with us in four years it will be a successful class. Let that sink....

Im not sure what team you are referring to, but that isn't how Mullen recruits. Maybe you are talking about the bears.

CadaverDawg
01-23-2014, 02:48 PM

What are you talking about?

engie
01-23-2014, 02:51 PM
6-8? Surely you meant to have a one in front of those numbers.

The first class that Mullen has pumped out of here had 20+ make it all the way through...

Dawg61
01-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Think the OP was making a Bear jab

smootness
01-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Think the OP was making a Bear jab

I would hope so because if only 6-8 stuck around for 4 years, you'd probably have about 60 players on your roster.

hailmari
01-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Stansbury is running the team now?

BogeyGolfer
01-23-2014, 08:38 PM
6-8 players that really contribute...

Coach34
01-23-2014, 08:58 PM

Cant do that anymore

You got to have 44 guys in today's football with all the sets and packages. That means an average of 11 per class.

engie
01-23-2014, 09:40 PM

2009:
Bumphis
Cox
Boyd
Russell
Smith
Heavens
Lawrence
Perkins
Skinner
Whitley
Jackson
Wilson
Marcus
Swede
Depasquale
McPhee
White
Banks
Berry
Jackson

2010:
RoJo
Carmon
Hughes
Ballard
Lewis
Day
Clausell
Beckwith
Eulls
Wells
MoJo
Griffin
Love

2011:
Arrington
PJ
Dak
Market
Calhoun
Zach Jackson
McKinney
Malone
Robinson
Morrow
Slay
Preston

2012:
Autry
B Brown
R Brown
Redmond
AJ
Jiles
Adams
Ry Brown
Siddoway
Bell
Senior
Holley
Coman
Samuel

That's alot more than 6-8 contributors. We aren't very far from putting that many per class into the NFL.

BogeyGolfer
01-23-2014, 09:57 PM
2009:
Bumphis
Cox
Boyd
Russell
Smith
Heavens
Lawrence
Perkins
Skinner
Whitley
Jackson
Wilson
Marcus
Swede
Depasquale
McPhee
White
Banks
Berry
Jackson

2010:
RoJo
Carmon
Hughes
Ballard
Lewis
Day
Clausell
Beckwith
Eulls
Wells
MoJo
Griffin
Love

2011:
Arrington
PJ
Dak
Market
Calhoun
Zach Jackson
McKinney
Malone
Robinson
Morrow
Slay
Preston

2012:
Autry
B Brown
R Brown
Redmond
AJ
Jiles
Adams
Ry Brown
Siddoway
Bell
Senior
Holley
Coman
Samuel

That's alot more than 6-8 contributors. We aren't very far from putting that many per class into the NFL.

Yeah... I may have been a little conservative but I could argue that many on your lists wouldn't meet my requirements of " really contributing" but my point was that of the 25 or however many we sign, half or so will be non-factors...

Side note*** 2009 was a great class...

SDDawg
01-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Can't agree with the OP here, I think you need 10-15 guys a year to contribute in a big way to have the kind of program we've been building over the past 5 years. If we want to get to the next level, any of these guys need to be able to step into the 2 deep during their career. No reason to panic on this class, it actually looks pretty good.

OM is *NOWHERE* on flipping recruits and may not even get Rawlings. Meanwhile, they have 3 guys at risk right now that will significantly impact their close to this class. Pay attention to how they're acting, this is all for show and the visitor list tells the story. No major surprises are coming that are positive for OM, but their may indeed be some bad news on NSD coming their way. :cool: