PDA

View Full Version : Reseating

MafiaDawg
01-23-2014, 12:19 PM
If you ordered tickets in 2013, do you get to select your 2014 seats ahead of someone who has a higher priority rank than you just because that person didn't order 2013 tickets in their name. I assumed the slates were wiped clean in 2014 and 2013 didn't matter. So if you have a high priority rank in 2014 it does you no good unless you ordered tickets under your name in 2013? Because all 2013 ticket holders will get to choose their seats first? So in reality, reseating began in 2013?

godlluB
01-23-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm prety sure renewals for current season ticket holders will be first, in order of BDC rank. Those who didn't have season tickets last year won't be able to get them until current season ticket holders renew.

I've also been told that faculty and staff are not being reseated.

Is that what you were asking?

Outside Dawg
01-23-2014, 12:33 PM
I have no inside knowledge, but I took it to mean that the slate was completely wiped clean (as far as whether you bought tickets) going into this reseating thing. I read it to mean that anyone who wanted tickets in 2014 would be put in order of their BDC priority, regardless of whether they bought last year. I could easily be wrong though.

godlluB
01-23-2014, 12:40 PM
http://www.msubulldogclub.com/reseating/faqs/

Wow, you appear to be correct (see the second to last Q&A). That really sucks. That certainly seems to imply that someone who has had season tickets for years could lose their tickets altogether if enough higher ranked BDC members buy tickets for the first time. That's BS.

The FAQ does also say that faculty and staff will not be reseated.

MafiaDawg
01-23-2014, 12:45 PM
That seems to be the most fair way to do it though. Basketball was done that way I think.

mstatefan91
01-23-2014, 01:02 PM
That seems to be the most fair way to do it though. Basketball was done that way I think.

It's fair that my parents who have been buying season tickets for 20 years might get bumped to worse seats just because someone decides to buy season tickets this year all of a sudden?
Not fair at all in my opinion.

Outside Dawg
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
Wow, you appear to be correct (see the second to last Q&A).

I knew I had read it somewhere.

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 01:09 PM
It's fair that my parents who have been buying season tickets for 20 years might get bumped to worse seats just because someone decides to buy season tickets this year all of a sudden?

If they haven't been buying for years then they probably don't have a high priority. Not many people give money and don't take advantage of their priority. But if they do, it's their right.

godlluB
01-23-2014, 01:16 PM

Not just bumped to worse seats, if I'm reading this correctly, they could get bumped all the way back to their couch. I seriously doubt that there are all that many major BDC members who don't already have season tickets and suddenly want them, but it is theoretically possible.

FlabLoser
01-23-2014, 01:17 PM
I have no inside knowledge, but I took it to mean that the slate was completely wiped clean (as far as whether you bought tickets) going into this reseating thing. I read it to mean that anyone who wanted tickets in 2014 would be put in order of their BDC priority, regardless of whether they bought last year. I could easily be wrong though.

You are correct. The slate is wiped clean. The only special perc for anybody is that the top x% (I think top 2,000 members) get to go to DWS in person and pick out seats. Everybody else gets an assigned time to call the ticket office and select seats over the phone. All of it is handled by BDC priority.

I'm good with that. I've been to DWS enough times that I don't need to be there in person to see what my seats would look like.

mstatefan91
01-23-2014, 01:23 PM
If they haven't been buying for years then they probably don't have a high priority. Not many people give money and don't take advantage of their priority. But if they do, it's their right.

I get that it's their right. I just don't think it's right. Get what I mean? I think the fans who have been consistently loyal should continue to get priority even with a newly expanded stadium. Just my opinion

FlabLoser
01-23-2014, 01:23 PM

There is a formula for BDC priority. Consecutive years of giving and lifetime giving is a big part of that. I think your parents are going to be fairly prioritized.

Folks, we are adding a bunch of seats. Remember that half of the lower level east side that students occupied? No more - they're going to the new endzone. Well, they might also keep a sliver of east side seating that is next to the endzone. We're freeing up a lot of east side seats from the 50 to at least the 15 yard line.

We're also getting more premium seats in the endzone. Adding premium seats there frees up some pretty good seats elsewhere.

In short, the supply of good seats is going way up.

It is my guess that current season ticket holders are going to wind up better than they were before.

Buddy
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
The only special perc for anybody is that the top x% (I think top 2,000 members) get to go to DWS in person and pick out seats. Everybody else gets an assigned time to call the ticket office and select seats over the phone. All of it is handled by BDC priority.

I think that was the original plan, but it sounds like they have scratched that due to the safety issues with the ongoing construction. See this FAQ:

Q: Will I have to come to campus to select my seats like we do in basketball?

A: The preferred method of seat selection will be to use the virtual Davis Wade Stadium model online. This model will allow full panoramic views from seats so that sight lines may be examined. Bulldog Club and Ticket Office staff will be available to assist with the process by phone and in person. Due to construction, portions of Davis Wade Stadium (or the entire stadium) may be closed during the reseating process. All members will have a designated time during which they can log into the their Dog Tag account and select open seats online.

FlabLoser
01-23-2014, 01:28 PM
I get that it's their right. I just don't think it's right. Get what I mean? I think the fans who have been consistently loyal should continue to get priority even with a newly expanded stadium. Just my opinion

Below is a copy & paste of the point system. Current year giving is given the most weight, but cumulative & consecutive giving still carries a hell of a lot. Especially when cumulative means 20 years.

Taken from here, where the formatting is better: http://www.msubulldogclub.com/our-mission/priority-points/

The Bulldog Club Priority Point System utilizes five different factors to calculate membership rank:

Current Annual Giving
Number of Consecutive Years of Contributing
Cumulative Contributions
Season Ticket Purchases During Previous Year
M-Club Alumni Membership
CURRENT ANNUAL GIVING receives 12 points per $1,000 (.012 per dollar). Only dollars contributed in the current year count in the category. When any portion of a current year pledge is paid, a donor accrues lifetime points for the amount of that donation. CONSECUTIVE YEARS OF GIVING receives one (1) point for every year of consecutive giving. For each additional consecutive decade of active membership in the Bulldog Club, 0.5 extra points are awarded. This factor treats all donors the same, regardless of giving level. For example: a donor who has been active for 20 consecutive years would receive 10 points for years 1-10 and 15 points for the second decade (1.5 points for years 11-20).

The key word is consecutive. If a donor first contributed in 1990, did not make a bulldog club contribution from 1991 to 1995 and contributed again in 1996, the consecutive years of giving would begin in 1996.

The CUMULATIVE CONTRIBUTION factor receives eight points per $1,000 (.008 per dollar) given over a donor’s lifetime to the Bulldog Club. All contributions factor, even if the consecutive years string was broken at some point. SEASON TICKET PURCHASES AND M-CLUB MEMBERSHIPS:

Points will be added for:

Buying season tickets for football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball or baseball. One point per season ticket (maximum of 10points per sport, per year) will be credited.
The M-Club Alumni is an organization of Mississippi State Athletic letter winners. These active members will receive an additional priority point each year.
Current annual giving is the most important factor in the Priority Point System. It is weighted more because the current year’s scholarship costs are paid with these annual funds, which are crucial to the success of the Bulldog Club’s main purpose to fund scholarships for student-athletes. The number of consecutive years of contributing and total cumulative contributions relate to loyalty to the Bulldog club and Mississippi State Athletics.

TheDogFather
01-23-2014, 06:47 PM
http://www.msubulldogclub.com/reseating/faqs/

Wow, you appear to be correct (see the second to last Q&A). That really sucks. That certainly seems to imply that someone who has had season tickets for years could lose their tickets altogether if enough higher ranked BDC members buy tickets for the first time. That's BS.

The FAQ does also say that faculty and staff will not be reseated.

That's exactly how it worked out with the basketball reseating.