PDA

View Full Version : Any good hotels in Oregon?

Drugdog
04-28-2013, 01:46 PM
Looks like that's our destination if we don't close out the year strong.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-28-2013, 01:50 PM
you guys are pussies.

Drugdog
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Nope. Just realistic.

Original48
04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
I don't think anybody is overlooking the fact that Vanderbilt is as good a team as we will face. I also don't think it's too much to ask to execute a GIFT of a rundown we had Kemp in at third. We did not..and they took advantage. We just are not taking advantage of any opportunities in this series and its frustrating. We seem tentative at best at the plate with runners in scoring position. They look like they can't wait to get in the box.

Esmerelda Villalobos
04-28-2013, 01:55 PM
we are hosting

msstate7
04-28-2013, 01:58 PM
we are hosting

I hope you're right. I do think we could have a hangover from this next week. We thought we were on their level and then we get our teeth kicked in.

Goat Holder
04-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Eh, we'll beat Alabama and everybody will be back on the bandwagon.

Todd4State
04-28-2013, 02:02 PM
I hope you're right. I do think we could have a hangover from this next week. We thought we were on their level and then we get our teeth kicked in.

We have a week off to get organized, plus we will be back at home. They're not that much better than us if we don't make mistakes. We're not good enough to beat anybody when we beat ourselves.

Ronny
04-28-2013, 02:12 PM
..South Carolina is now in the hosting seat.

They've already beaten LSU once this weekend; they beat LSU today, their RPI jumps above MSU's.

Then next weekend USCe plays Vandy; I bet you $20 USCe takes at least one from Vandy.

Then USCe plays UGA the next weekend; they will take at least 2 out of 3 from UGA.

Then UCSe plays MSU; by then MSU's RPI will be in the high teens & USCe's RPI will be in the single digits.

It will all come down to what we do in the USCe series. That series outcome will determine if either MSU or USCe hosts.

Closing remark: MSU would be fine if they could have won at least 1 game vs. Vandy. But I guess that was too much to ask for a team "on the rise."

Goat Holder
04-28-2013, 02:18 PM
..South Carolina is now in the hosting seat.

They've already beaten LSU once this weekend; they beat LSU today, their RPI jumps above MSU's.

Then next weekend USCe plays Vandy; I bet you $20 USCe takes at least one from Vandy.

Then USCe plays UGA the next weekend; they will take at least 2 out of 3 from UGA.

Then UCSe plays MSU; by then MSU's RPI will be in the high teens & USCe's RPI will be in the single digits.

It will all come down to what we do in the USCe series. That series outcome will determine if either MSU or USCe hosts.

Closing remark: MSU would be fine if they could have won at least 1 game vs. Vandy. But I guess that was too much to ask for a team "on the rise."

Sums it up pretty good....BUT.....if we don't take care of Alabama and Ole Miss, even the South Carolina series won't help us. And I've got a sneaky suspicion we're about to go 3-3 vs. those two.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Sums it up pretty good....BUT.....if we don't take care of Alabama and Ole Miss, even the South Carolina series won't help us. And I've got a sneaky suspicion we're about to go 3-3 vs. those two.

All 3 of our final series teams have a better sec record than us. Everyone saying we'll win those series is a stretch to me. Can we? Yeah, but we'll have to play better than we have do far this year

msstate7
04-28-2013, 02:22 PM
By the way, USC 2 lsu 0 2nd inning

Ronny
04-28-2013, 02:22 PM
..I really don't see us man-handling either Bama or Ole Miss.

Taking 2 out of 3 from either of those will be a minor miracle. Because, simply put, we are not better than those teams. Merely equal.

Regardless, I think USCe passes us for good once they get their one win vs. Vandy next weekend. If USCe take 2 out of 3 from Vandy, then you can indeed start making plans for an Oregon hotel.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 02:24 PM
..I really don't see us man-handling either Bama or Ole Miss.

Taking 2 out of 3 from either of those will be a minor miracle. Because, simply put, we are not better than those teams. Merely equal.

Regardless, I think USCe passes us for good once they get their one win vs. Vandy next weekend. If USCe take 2 out of 3 from Vandy, then you can indeed start making plans for an Oregon hotel.

And to be honest, USC would deserve to host over us at this point.

Goat Holder
04-28-2013, 02:51 PM
Carolina up 3-0 on LSU now, may not need to wait for next weekend.

msstate7
04-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Carolina up 3-0 on LSU now, may not need to wait for next weekend.
If they win this series and take a game next week, they lock it up.