PDA

View Full Version : I am very interested in how the Rawlings recruitment turns out.

Dash Riprock
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
This is a great test as to our staffs ability to identify and recruit MS kids. There will be no shenanigans from either side that you might have with a poor kid being offered (you fill in the blank: money, car, momma a job, etc.). As a matter of fact the playing field is slanted toward Ole Miss being the kid grew up a UM fan and his older brother attends there now. We get the kid; we develop him and he turns out to be a good player, I will be impressed and proud of our staff. UM gets the kid, then hats off to them. They took a recruit away from us in the last week of recruiting fair and square.

It also interesting to me cause i know him and have known him for a long time He is the kind of kid you hope your daughter marries one day. Hell i teared up talking to his mom about how proud I was of MSU when he got his offer. I know whatever he does it will be because he feels its best for him. I think he comes to State and turns out to be a quality player for us in a couple of years, but...

Pollodawg
01-23-2014, 10:19 AM
Sean is a big boy. He knows where he will best fit. He knows where family matters most. If you see his mom again, tell her that MSU will be bursting with pride to see her baby boy in Maroon and White on a crisp Fall afternoon in the future.

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 10:23 AM
I'll vote for Obama next time if we get him. Ok he can't run again. I'll think of something. This one is over. So it doesn't matter.

Drugdog
01-23-2014, 10:25 AM
I'll vote for Obama next time if we get him. Ok he can't run again. I'll think of something. This one is over. So it doesn't matter.

^^^^^^Pessamist^^^^^^

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
Ha. No. More of a realist. The kid has family ties to them. Grew up a fan. Can't blame him really.

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:29 AM

Someone's having a bad day. And someone's being a party pooper. Why are you being a party pooper Homedawg?

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 10:37 AM
Someone's having a bad day. And someone's being a party pooper. Why are you being a party pooper Homedawg?

Ok. He signing w us******* that better?

smootness
01-23-2014, 10:38 AM
I don't think Homedawg is being overly pessimistic on this one. I'm pretty sure that if he ends up taking that visit to Ole Miss, then he gone.

I'd love to have him, but it looks like we'll probably land Stallings, so we'll be ok.

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Ok. He signing w us******* that better?

I'm messing with you. I should have put sarcastrics on my post and I apologize. Anything can happen in recruiting. Just like the player that died for Ole Miss was a huge MSU fan and so were his parents. Anything can happen.

Pollodawg
If I had the outlook on life that some of the folks I've encountered on here do, I would probably just stick my head in a toilet and flush. lol. Just keep breathing and loving life. Where a young man decides to play football shouldn't ruin your day.

yakalot

He has cable instead of DirecTV.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
If he's been upfront with our staff that he'll sign with OM if given the chance, I won't be upset. If he's been committed since 10-3-13 and said all along he'll sign then doesn't, I would think that's pretty sorry

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:40 AM
He has cable instead of DirecTV.

Don't let your Father get punched over a can of soup....

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:41 AM
If he's been upfront with our staff that he'll sign with OM if given the chance, I won't be upset. If he's been committed since 10-3-13 and said all along he'll sign then doesn't, I would think that's pretty sorry

I didn't know that. Very interesting to say the least. But if he has been this up front with the staff, then more power to him and I wish him the best.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 10:44 AM
Has anyone looked at the posts from his dad on 247? Either that guy is genuine and loves some Dan Mullen or he's playing us like a fool. It'll be interesting to see how everything is handled...

Original48
01-23-2014, 10:45 AM
He is the kind of kid you hope your daughter marries one day. Hell i teared up talking to his mom about how proud I was of MSU when he got his offer. I know whatever he does it will be because he feels its best for him. I think he comes to State and turns out to be a quality player for us in a couple of years, but...
I'm right there with you Dash. I don't know Sean as well..but his mother means the world to me. And I have had similar conversations with her. It will be Sean's decision. And I feel like his family is at MSU. But if he flips, I would still pull hard for him. As you mentioned..he and his family are the type you want your daughter to marry into.

smootness
01-23-2014, 10:46 AM
If I had the outlook on life that some of the folks I've encountered on here do, I would probably just stick my head in a toilet and flush. lol. Just keep breathing and loving life. Where a young man decides to play football shouldn't ruin your day.

Who has said it would ruin their day? He can do what he wants, we'll be fine either way...just saying that realistically, if he takes that visit, then he'll probably end up there.

Original48
01-23-2014, 10:48 AM
I didn't know that. Very interesting to say the least. But if he has been this up front with the staff, then more power to him and I wish him the best.
I think msstate7 was just speculating. He's not saying Sean has told our staff he would leave if offered. He was 'if'n'.

Pollodawg
01-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Who has said it would ruin their day? He can do what he wants, we'll be fine either way...just saying that realistically, if he takes that visit, then he'll probably end up there.

First of all, that wasn't addressed at you, so cool the jets. And secondly, too many of our fans flip the total hell out over this kind of thing. That's all I am saying. Who has OM flipped that wasn't likely headed there anyway. I can seriously think of one person, and that's it. Brassell was never coming here. Kailo was never coming here. So, please don't bring that trash up again.

I just don't see why our fan go in nuclear meltdown mode over a kid visiting Oxford.

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:50 AM
I think msstate7 was just speculating. He's not saying Sean has told our staff he would leave if offered. He was 'if'n'.

I see the if now. But my point still stands.

TrapGame
01-23-2014, 10:52 AM
Has anyone looked at the posts from his dad on 247? Either that guy is genuine and loves some Dan Mullen or he's playing us like a fool. It'll be interesting to see how everything is handled...

I think his dad posted on Gene's in the recruiting section under the name mslawyer. From what I've read he sounded like a stand up guy.

slickdawg
01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
I hope he doesn't fall for the bait and switch. Sign with them and then find out they want him to greyshirt, or walk on because his family can afford it.

Pollodawg
01-23-2014, 10:54 AM
I think his dad posted on Gene's in the recruiting section under the name mslawyer. From what I've read he sounded like a stand up guy.

lol.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 11:04 AM
Correct. I have NO inside info

engie
01-23-2014, 11:05 AM
I don't think Homedawg is being overly pessimistic on this one. I'm pretty sure that if he ends up taking that visit to Ole Miss, then he gone.

No way Dak Prescott ends up at MSU when he visits his childhood favorite team in his home state and holds a committable offer**

Why can't our fans just let it play out instead of preeminently making up their mind on what is going to happen? We already know for 100% fact that his parents read the boards -- and concession/defeatism is a bad light to project. There are PLENTY of examples of kids building a bond with coaches and schools that recruit them that can overcome a "childhood favorite team".

It has been pretty well established in this thread that the kid isn't a rampant partier -- and will have a fair recruitment overall. What does OM have to sell in reality that is better than MSU? A better stadium? No. Better football complex? No. Better academics? No. Better player development at the position? Lulz. The answer is NOTHING. They have NOTHING to sell him above us other than a childhood dream that they decided they "may" let happen at the last minute after missing on 30 other prospects and are already calling him a "career depth guy".

Despite what our defeatists tell you -- it's not an open and shut decision.

bulldawg28
01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
FYI... there is no way he tells our coaches "if Ole Miss offers I'm gone". If he did that his scholly would have been pulled and we would have moved on a longggggg time ago. You'd have to be really elite to tell a coach that and that program would have to really be in a struggling position. Neither situation is happening here.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 11:10 AM
And Mati Te'o thought the "girl" he was talking to had a ******. This just seems like something that was organized from the beggining. I guess if nothing else, we'd be forcing them to use a scholly to get him instead of him walking on or gray shirting.

TrapGame
01-23-2014, 11:11 AM
Looked over on 247 and Gene's and it seems Sean's dad is MIA. He hasn't posted shit about Sean's OM visit.

Pretty telling imo.

TexasDawg
01-23-2014, 11:12 AM
This recruitment is very similar to Keith Holcombe. We knew whenever we were recruiting Holcombe that if Alabama were to offer there was a good chance he would flip because of his ties. I'm sure CDM and co. knew the same about Rawlings going into it. Now the main difference between the two is that Alabama realized they were missing out on a quality player A LOT earlier than the bears did. If he gets an offer this weekend and flips, best of luck to Sean (except Thanksgiving). But if he thinks it through, and realizes we have wanted him since the get go and remains a Dawg, I will be beyond ecstatic. There should be no hard feelings to a senior in HS either way from either side of the rivalry.

Coach34
01-23-2014, 11:14 AM
First of all there is no way he tells our coaches "if Ole Miss offers I'm gone". If he did that his scholly would have been pulled and we would have moved on a longggggg time ago. You'd have to be really elite to tell a coach that and that program would have to really be in a struggling position. Neither situation is happening here.

This...I laughed when I read the other post

Could you imagine what Mullen would tell a kid if he said something like that?

"Coach Mullen, I'm committing to you and State. I really like your staff and program. But, if Ole Miss offers me a scholly- I'm going to drop you like a bad habit"

engie
01-23-2014, 11:15 AM
And Mati Te'o thought the "girl" he was talking to had a ******. This just seems like something that was organized from the beggining. I guess if nothing else, we'd be forcing them to use a scholly to get him instead of him walking on or gray shirting.

Holy hell our fans are dumbasses.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 11:16 AM
This recruitment is very similar to Keith Holcombe. We knew whenever we were recruiting Holcombe that if Alabama were to offer there was a good chance he would flip because of his ties. I'm sure CDM and co. knew the same about Rawlings going into it. Now the main difference between the two is that Alabama realized they were missing out on a quality player A LOT earlier than the bears did. If he gets an offer this weekend and flips, best of luck to Sean (except Thanksgiving). But if he thinks it through, and realizes we have wanted him since the get go and remains a Dawg, I will be beyond ecstatic. There should be no hard feelings to a senior in HS either way from either side of the rivalry.
Wasn't bama able to get him through some scholarship they have for former players that were coached by Bear Bryant?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 11:18 AM
Holy hell our fans are dumbasses.
Is that from statistical analysis or just your dumb ass opinion?

engie
01-23-2014, 11:19 AM
Looked over on 247 and Gene's and it seems Sean's dad is MIA. He hasn't posted shit about Sean's OM visit.

Pretty telling imo.

What do you think would happen positively for MSU with him posting about it right now and getting slaughtered by our defeatist fans over expectations of something that may not even happen?

Exactly. He's simply playing it logically -- and there is nothing "telling" about it. He's already said that it will be Sean's decision in the end.

engie
01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
Is that from statistical analysis or just your dumb ass opinion?

It's from you accusing him and his parents of being party to a long-thought-out agenda to screw MSU at the last minute. When they've been NOTHING but stand up people this entire time. While KNOWING that they read the boards. Do you know how stupid that is? Obviously, you don't. Because you went there in the first place.

Coach34
01-23-2014, 11:22 AM
This just seems like something that was organized from the beggining. I guess if nothing else, we'd be forcing them to use a scholly to get him instead of him walking on or gray shirting.

No, this looks like we have identified an SEC football player once aGAIN before the BearSharks have- now they are trying to come in at the last second and use his fandom to sway the recruitment.

TrapGame
01-23-2014, 11:23 AM
What do you think would happen positively for MSU with him posting about it right now and getting slaughtered by our defeatist fans over expectations of something that may not even happen?

Exactly. He's simply playing it logically -- and there is nothing "telling" about it. He's already said that it will be Sean's decision in the end.

In that case he shouldn't have posted shit in the first place. His father has now involved himself in this by posting on two MSU sites about how wonderful he thinks Mullen is and how his son is 100% committed to MSU. A guess a OM lawyer will always be an OM lawyer.

engie
01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
In that case he shouldn't have posted shit in the first place. His father has now involved himself in this by posting on two MSU sites about how wonderful he thinks Mullen is and how his son is 100% committed to MSU. A guess a OM lawyer will always be an OM lawyer.

Holy shit. Now we're basically calling the parents liars and frauds simply because he's taking a visit that they NEVER denied he'd take if given the chance? KNOWING they will probably be reading what's posted about him today? NEWS FLASH -- he hasn't flipped yet -- and there is no even remote guarantee that he will.

We deserve to suck at recruiting. We have a chance to sell a car here -- and we've got idiots that are accusing the potential buyers of trying to steal the car -- then they wondering what happened when those customers buy the car elsewhere.

TexasDawg
01-23-2014, 11:29 AM

It's unbelievable the way some grown men get so worked up over the recruitment of HS KIDS. He grew up a bear fan, so IF he does flip how can you blame him? He has said nothing short of positive things for Mullen and State. Calm down and let recruiting take it's toll. Whatever happens I'm sure we will still own that bear ass on the field

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 11:35 AM
It's from you accusing him and his parents of being party to a long-thought-out agenda to screw MSU at the last minute. When they've been NOTHING but stand up people this entire time. While KNOWING that they read the boards. Do you know how stupid that is? Obviously, you don't. Because you went there in the first place.
Did I specifically call out him and his parents as part of the plan? Nope, don't see that anywhere in my post. If anything, I could've been more clear in stating that ole miss has had this plan all along, but gotdammit you're a paranoid M'fer. Do you honestly think these type of people will be swayed by what is being written about them on a ****ing message board that only represents a small portion of the entire fanbase? If that's the case, God forbid parents ever finding out about the SecRant.

TrapGame
01-23-2014, 11:37 AM
First off, I don't give two ****s where he goes to school. After the Chris Jones shit last year I don't give a shit about where a kid goes to school. I'm done with that.

If Sean really wants to go to OM more power to him. I don't care.

Pollodawg
01-23-2014, 11:38 AM
Either way, I am sure Sean has a good head on his shoulders and will make the right choice, the family man choice.

engie
01-23-2014, 11:52 AM
First off, I don't give two ****s where he goes to school. After the Chris Jones shit last year I don't give a shit about where a kid goes to school. I'm done with that.

If Sean really wants to go to OM more power to him. I don't care.

Why are you writing in a thread doing what virtually amounts to sabotaging MSU then? If you don't care -- don't read and respond. Much less, with shit that hurts MSU.

engie
01-23-2014, 11:59 AM
Did I specifically call out him and his parents as part of the plan? Nope, don't see that anywhere in my post. If anything, I could've been more clear in stating that ole miss has had this plan all along, but gotdammit you're a paranoid M'fer. Do you honestly think these type of people will be swayed by what is being written about them on a ****ing message board that only represents a small portion of the entire fanbase? If that's the case, God forbid parents ever finding out about the SecRant.

Yet your statement implicates them in a conspiracy. If you didn't want it to -- you should have been more clear.

Yes. I think they care what is said about them and their son online. Otherwise, why would they be PAYING to read and publicly posting on MSU message boards? And you don't think they read the free ones? You don't think they would take offense to what you said in the manner stated? How many examples do we need to provide EVERY YEAR of parents reading and talking on message boards for people to get the damn hint not to say stuff potentially hurtful to MSU on them?

And then the "it's just a message board" justification for being a dumb ass... KNOWING his parents read message boards and you wouldn't say a damn bit of the bs you've pulled here to their face -- which is practically what you are doing right now.

Riddle me this -- do you think you get a more HONEST view of what an overall fanbase is like on their message boards or on official visits where everyone you come into contact with is kissing your ass?

Irondawg
01-23-2014, 11:59 AM
This will be interesting to be sure but no ill will on the kid either way. I'm sure OM is trying to work "why didn't we offer you before angle" but having the position/area coaches say they've loved him for months and been pushing hard for him to get an offer and it just took time to convince the rest of the staff - but come up here with us and we'll prove them all wrong! That's how I'd play it.

Of course there is still the chance OM doesn't even offer him - keep that in mind.

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2014, 12:03 PM
Yet your statement implicates them in a conspiracy. If you didn't want it to -- you should have been more clear.

Yes. I think they care what is said about them and their son online. Otherwise, why would they be PAYING to read and publicly posting on MSU message boards? And you don't think they read the free ones? You don't think they would take offense to what you said in the manner stated? How many examples do we need to provide EVERY YEAR of parents reading and talking on message boards for people to get the damn hint not to say stuff potentially hurtful to MSU on them?

And then the "it's just a message board" justification for being a dumb ass... KNOWING his parents read message boards and you wouldn't say a damn bit of the bs you've pulled here to their face -- which is practically what you are doing right now.

Some people just want to be internet bad ass.

HOnest question Engie, do you think the coaches should tell Sean and his family that, if he goes on the OM visit that his offer is going to Stallings who will accept it in a heartbeat? I know its kind of tough, but I feel like the coaches have to do something - and we can tell Sean, look you are either with us or you are against us. We ain't waiting another week because you want to see if OM will take you.

I have to admit, the idea of hoping that OM doesn't offer so we can get a kid, just rubs me the wrong way. I trust the coaches will do the right thing.

Johnson85
01-23-2014, 12:08 PM

While I agree it's not particularly smart, from what I've read about them, I seriously doubt the Rawlings family would let random message board comments play a material factor in the decision. If it was a cess pool, maybe they'd be worried about how many Harvey Updyke type persons are out there that would poison their grass if Sean missed a tackle. But I suspect they recognize that every school will have outlier comments that are negative.

blacklistedbully
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM
First of all, that wasn't addressed at you, so cool the jets. And secondly, too many of our fans flip the total hell out over this kind of thing. That's all I am saying. Who has OM flipped that wasn't likely headed there anyway. I can seriously think of one person, and that's it. Brassell was never coming here. Kailo was never coming here. So, please don't bring that trash up again.

I just don't see why our fan go in nuclear meltdown mode over a kid visiting Oxford.

I suspect for many it's obvious cheating by Ole Miss and they seem to get away with it. Combine that with us getting on probation for what seems like relatively minor stuff, and you get increased frustration.

PMDawg2
01-23-2014, 12:12 PM

worst crawfish ever.

RougeDawg
01-23-2014, 12:22 PM
Some of the posters in this thread need a ban until NSD. You are only hurting us.

Here's the bottom line. Does Sean want to win big or not and does losing to the school you snubbed sound fun? Looking at both programs now, the next two/threw years in Oxford will be long sad ones with a coach on the hot seat for losing 3 EB's in a row.

This simple fact is the reason he's committed to us in the first place. I'm sure he could have walke on and found another means to pay for school, if he really loved OM that much. Most of these kids love "Winning" ultimately and make their decisions based on that. Why do you think the perceived winners always out recruit those who win less? It's a cycle. Look at our recruiting. Winning fuels recruiting and better recruiting fuels winning. The only anomalies are those who cheat and come out of nowhere to land top classes.

AROB44
01-23-2014, 12:23 PM

Do you see many black helicoptors over your house or what? Some of these conspiracies are down right hilarious.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-23-2014, 12:25 PM

Riddle me this -- do you think you get a more HONEST view of what an overall fanbase is like on their message boards or on official visits where everyone you come into contact with is kissing your ass?
Holy Shit, get over yourself. My apologies for not being an internet message board lifer like yourself, I'll have to work on my written communication skills so assholes like you don't assume to know what I meant. And no I don't think they can get an honest view of the program from a message board over face-to-face meetings with staff and being on campus for a weekend. There's no way for the family to know who is a real fan of a school and who is just trolling on message boards. IF these people are lawyers and such, there's no way in hell that they're making a decision based on what some fanatic types on a message board.
Riddle me this...Can you please provide one positive outcome from a parent or relative interjecting themselves in a message board?

TrapGame
01-23-2014, 12:32 PM
Why are you writing in a thread doing what virtually amounts to sabotaging MSU then? If you don't care -- don't read and respond. Much less, with shit that hurts MSU.

Oh good god.

Elite Dawgs thy name is Son of Sixpack.

engie, chill dude. This is why some stopped posting over here. Every little thing is picked apart to the point of absurdity.

gtowndawg
01-23-2014, 12:41 PM
plus I genuinely think we develop lineman better. He'd have a great career here and they seem to appreciate we are the ones that showed the most interest early on.

What can I say. Ole Miss is like the fox on Dora. Sitting around the corner waiting to jump out and grab the good players that we put in the work to identify.

smootness
01-23-2014, 01:04 PM
I don't think it's being a defeatist to say that if Rawlings visits Ole Miss, it's probably likely that he flips to them. Dak never visited LSU. The visit would show clear interest; I don't see him risking his spot with State just to visit Ole Miss for the heck of it.

And I'm not bashing him for doing it. I get it. And if we were still able to hang onto him, that would be great. Just saying that based on past history in recruiting, if he takes that visit, we probably shouldn't count on him being a member of the class.

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 01:24 PM
While I agree it's not particularly smart, from what I've read about them, I seriously doubt the Rawlings family would let random message board comments play a material factor in the decision. If it was a cess pool, maybe they'd be worried about how many Harvey Updyke type persons are out there that would poison their grass if Sean missed a tackle. But I suspect they recognize that every school will have outlier comments that are negative.

If what was said on a message board bothered them, then they wouldn't let their son go to ole miss. I've read a lot of posters on rebel boards for months poor mouth Rawlings and say he sucks and didn't want him. He was a leftover. People can spin things how they want. We aren't going to lose this kid bc me or you or any other state fan said something bad about the situation. Now matter how it's spun. That's a fact.

TexasDawg
01-23-2014, 01:43 PM
Some of the posters in this thread need a ban until NSD. You are only hurting us.

Here's the bottom line. Does Sean want to win big or not and does losing to the school you snubbed sound fun? Looking at both programs now, the next two/threw years in Oxford will be long sad ones with a coach on the hot seat for losing 3 EB's in a row.

This simple fact is the reason he's committed to us in the first place. I'm sure he could have walke on and found another means to pay for school, if he really loved OM that much. Most of these kids love "Winning" ultimately and make their decisions based on that. Why do you think the perceived winners always out recruit those who win less? It's a cycle. Look at our recruiting. Winning fuels recruiting and better recruiting fuels winning. The only anomalies are those who cheat and come out of know where to land top classes.

Amen

msstate7
01-23-2014, 01:59 PM

This simple fact is the reason he's committed to us in the first place. I'm sure he could have walke on and found another means to pay for school, if he really loved OM that much. Most of these kids love "Winning" ultimately and make their decisions based on that. Why do you think the perceived winners always out recruit those who win less? It's a cycle. Look at our recruiting. Winning fuels recruiting and better recruiting fuels winning. The only anomalies are those who cheat and come out of nowhere to land top classes.

While I doubt that some of this talk helps us with recruits, I don't get too upset about it. If a recruit gets his panties in a was over what some anonymous poster says, then the recruit probably isn't ready to be in the sec. This is a grown man conference

Now when it turns to attacking them on social media that's different. Then it's the attacker who needs to grow up

mic
01-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Its going to be EPIC when they offer Sean , he leaves without committing and signs with us on Feb. 5th..

RougeDawg
01-23-2014, 02:08 PM
While I doubt that some of this talk helps us with recruits, I don't get too upset about it. If a recruit gets his panties in a was over what some anonymous poster says, then the recruit probably isn't ready to be in the sec. This is a grown man conference

Say you were graduating college with a degree and had 3 job offers. Each company(University) had message boards and one of the message boards talked negatively about you? Would you really have the same impression of your coworkers(fans), should you choose this company?

My point is, saying nothing at all instead of something negative in these situations is always the best option.

dawg27
01-23-2014, 02:19 PM
cj johnson grew up msu and look where he went hope we keep trying but sounds like a long shot

msstate7
01-23-2014, 02:21 PM
Say you were graduating college with a degree and had 3 job offers. Each company(University) had message boards and one of the message boards talked negatively about you? Would you really have the same impression of your coworkers(fans), should you choose this company?

My point is, saying nothing at all instead of something negative in these situations is always the best option.

When it comes to Rawlings it's more like 1 company wanted you all along and you agreed to take the job. Then another company that didnt want you at all comes along and offers you a job. The first company only got upset with you after you starting backing out at the end. The former company hasn't stopped talking bad about you (see engie's link).

engie
01-23-2014, 02:26 PM
When it comes to Rawlings it's more like 1 company wanted you all along and you agreed to take the job. Then another company that didnt want you at all comes along and offers you a job. The first company only got upset with you after you starting backing out at the end. The former company hasn't stopped talking bad about you (see engie's link).

He hasn't backed out of anything. He NEVER promised us that he wouldn't visit Ole Miss if given the option. That's all it is at this point -- and it's incredibly premature to jump to other conclusions.

TexasDawg
01-23-2014, 02:28 PM
I just love how every year we post threads throughout the year saying "don't get caught in the bear spin machine" or "don't believe the hype and lies" and every year we have fans that get their panties in a wad whenever somebody takes a visit.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 02:36 PM
He hasn't backed out of anything. He NEVER promised us that he wouldn't visit Ole Miss if given the option. That's all it is at this point -- and it's incredibly premature to jump to other conclusions.

That's true. Rawlings and all other recruits should realize though that the same passion that makes us fans go nuts during recruiting is also the passion that makes all these kids wanna be part of the sec to start with. I think most get that...

Johnson85
01-23-2014, 02:40 PM
The visit would show clear interest; I don't see him risking his spot with State just to visit Ole Miss for the heck of it.

Interest in visiting a college town while you're in high school and having a good time? Like the majority of college bound high school seniors?

He may very well be interested, but even if he wasn't, why would he not go on the visit. Basically every one of my friends in high school went to multiple rush parties their senior year, even at schools they had no intentions of going to. If you have information that Mullen has told him that his scholarship would be pulled if he visited, then yes, he's probably going to end up at ole miss, but if not, why would whether he is interested have any affect on whether he takes the visit. He should take it either way and enjoy himself, like the vast majority of high schoolers would.

engie
01-23-2014, 02:47 PM
That's true. Rawlings and all other recruits should realize though that the same passion that makes us fans go nuts during recruiting is also the passion that makes all these kids wanna be part of the sec to start with. I think most get that...

Yeah -- I mean -- it's tough for a kid like Rawlings. Didn't have alot of options -- and basically HAD to jump on ours when he got it. Now, his childhood team is calling -- and he's got to at least be positive he's making the right decision either way. All that is completely fine and normal -- and doesn't bother me either way. I just frigging hate the defeatist mentality of our fanbase -- especially when it's potentially self-fulfilling sabotage.

Did OM melt down when Speaks visited LSU? Their lack of surface-level insecurity is one of the things that helps them in recruiting. Why are we too ignorant to copy that?

defiantdog
01-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Yeah -- I mean -- it's tough for a kid like Rawlings. Didn't have alot of options -- and basically HAD to jump on ours when he got it. Now, his childhood team is calling -- and he's got to at least be positive he's making the right decision either way. All that is completely fine and normal -- and doesn't bother me either way. I just frigging hate the defeatist mentality of our fanbase -- especially when it's potentially self-fulfilling sabotage.

Did OM melt down when Speaks visited LSU? Their lack of surface-level insecurity is one of the things that helps them in recruiting. Why are we too ignorant to copy that?

Give us some credit.... we are very proactive in our pessimism, especially when it comes to recruiting. OM just has a lot of self-entitlement when it comes to recruiting. But if they lose Speaks, it'll be because they wanted to lose him. They never accept defeats yet gloat in their successes.