PDA

View Full Version : Made it to the Hump last night...

rabbitthedawg
01-23-2014, 08:04 AM
Saw good hustle, good play, and an attitude. The Hump was only about half full and rather quiet. RR could use more student support for sure and maybe he needs to get Mullen involved! How I don't know, but something needs to be done to promote State basketball more. This is the first time I've been since the hire of Rick Ray. I'm friends with Stans and was not happy about what happened to him and how it was handled. That being said, I'm going to get more involved and see a lot more games. If RR can recruit at all, this could be a very good basketball team in a year or two.

trob115
01-23-2014, 08:08 AM
The student section was jam packed last night. Not sure what you were looking at. The season ticket holders are who needs to show up. Agreed on the hustle part.

Coach34
01-23-2014, 08:18 AM
Glad to see you coming around Rabbit. Thanks for posting

Dawg61
01-23-2014, 08:21 AM
They'll start showing more. A huge problem with this that has nothing to do with the change of coaches is that college bball has lost fans in general. The product is much poorer this year with the new rules. It's annoying to watch 70 free throws on tv it's an entirely different kind of annoying to drive 2 hours after working all day and watch 70 free throws.

Political Hack
01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
they should award juice points to the football team for going to the games. Dak should be at every game he can... be good for him, the football team, and the basketball team. He's Mr. MSU whether he knows it or not.

Homedawg
01-23-2014, 08:44 AM
The student section was jam packed last night. Not sure what you were looking at. The season ticket holders are who needs to show up. Agreed on the hustle part.

Jammed packed? Wow! if you mean the lower level section for students was full then yes. The remainder of the student crowd was late arriving and avg at best. With that said the students did have a greater percentage of their seats full than the alumni did by a large margin.

dickiedawg
01-23-2014, 08:45 AM

This is the truth. Props to the students for showing up, they've really turned out for all the sec games.

BogeyGolfer
01-23-2014, 08:51 AM
We all need to do a better job of supporting basketball. I haven't been to game a game on campus since Venardo broke the block record, that's been at least 3 years ago and from my drive-way to the Hump is 1:15 minutes .I told my brother- in law that we need to get off our ass and go watch the Florida game next week. Would be nice to knock off Ole Miss and have a huge crowd for the Gators. Good to see more hustle, this team has improved a lot since December.

Hypnodawg
01-23-2014, 09:46 AM
It is nice to see a team playing with effort. Being able to move the ball down court without turning it over is also a nice change of pace.

DanDority
01-23-2014, 11:41 AM
they should award juice points to the football team for going to the games. Dak should be at every game he can... be good for him, the football team, and the basketball team. He's Mr. MSU whether he knows it or not.
Went last night, saw quite a few football players there," Chris Jones, Josh Robinson", and a few faces that I didn't recognize that I assumed were football players.

NeshobaChuck
01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
not saying we will but if we have a much larger crowd next thursday and students keep showing up and staying for the entire game and stay loud the whole entire game and those guys put up the numbers they did last night up thursday night could be a good game to watch when florida comes in but again im not saying that we win this game but with a crowd and student section rocking gives us a chance at least i think

Eric Nies Grind Time
01-23-2014, 03:27 PM
not saying we will but if we have a much larger crowd next thursday and students keep showing up and staying for the entire game and stay loud the whole entire game and those guys put up the numbers they did last night up thursday night could be a good game to watch when florida comes in but again im not saying that we win this game but with a crowd and student section rocking gives us a chance at least i think

I know this is a message board...but please use a little punctuation.

mstatefan91
01-23-2014, 05:19 PM
The athletes do a good job of supporting each other. I always see football/volleyball players at basketball games.