PDA

View Full Version : Way too early Super Bowl Forecast

TheRef
01-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Okay...so I'm doing this forecast on a whim and by the seat of my pants. I have about 1% confidence in this forecast due to the length and the large (and that's an understatement) amount of uncertainty associated with this system for February 2. So here we go.

As many of us are experiencing (unless you're in South Florida or Southern California, in which we all hate you with a deep burning passion) it is COLD comparatively to what we usually experience during the Winter. The thing with this system is that even though we may not be getting as cold of temperatures as we did during the previous cold snap, we are getting small bursts of reinforcing cold air which is making this cold last a lot longer than usual. The reason why I'm telling you this is because that is the reason why this will affect the Super Bowl and the East Rutherford, NJ area.

As I see it right now, we have two options for this system. Either:

It snows a LOT and we have a very snowy Super Bowl with moderately cold temperatures.

-OR-

It clears out and the temperatures plummet into pretty damn cold limits and we have a frozen tundra for a field in East Rutherford.

So neither one of those conditions is pleasant for players or fans at the game. Meanwhile, I'll be sitting with a cup of coffee, or beer, or both and watching the Super Bowl from my comfortable abode in the heat. Most of the time I love the South. Super Bowl Sunday will DEFINITELY be one of those times. Like I said before, I have about 1% confidence in this forecast but those are the two options I see and both of them will be gnarly!!!

Martianlander
01-23-2014, 09:04 AM
NFL is going to have to play the hand it dealt itself. Outside in a cold weather stadium for the Super Bowl is nuts to me. This game should be in the best conditions possible so the teams can truly show their best.