http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/athletics-to-sign-eric-oflaherty.html

Will James
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
Great news

War Machine Dawg
01-23-2014, 01:40 AM
To the a's. Really hate this.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/athletics-to-sign-eric-oflaherty.html

With the way we've ridden the Big 3 the last few seasons, I'm ok with this. Let's be honest a minute: The Braves have been masters of selling high on guys and/or letting them walk at just the right time. Don't be surprised if The Fightin' Irishman struggles in the near future. Plus, we've got a ton of young arms in the system that need innings and O'Flaherty is blocking them.

rabbitthedawg
01-23-2014, 07:59 AM
Braves are going to be ok without him. If they could only win in October as they do in June and July.

Political Hack
01-23-2014, 08:28 AM
Paps to the Braves!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

msstate7
01-23-2014, 08:37 AM
Braves are going to be ok without him. If they could only win in October as they do in June and July.

EOF was a big missing piece last year. That was his inning that carpenter gave up the game-winning hr.

I hope you guys are right, but I don't like losing him.

FISHDAWG
01-23-2014, 09:37 AM
Avieon (I know it's misspelled) appears to be the guy they are hoping to step into EOF's role .... he seemed to do a decent job last year

smootness
01-23-2014, 09:45 AM
EOF was a big missing piece last year. That was his inning that carpenter gave up the game-winning hr.

I hope you guys are right, but I don't like losing him.

No, that was Kimbrel's inning where Carpenter gave up the HR. I'll never forgive Fredi for that.

We were just fine without EOF. I would love to have him back, but I wouldn't want us to match what the A's offered. We were still the best bullpen in baseball last year without him.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
No, that was Kimbrel's inning where Carpenter gave up the HR. I'll never forgive Fredi for that.

We were just fine without EOF. I would love to have him back, but I wouldn't want us to match what the A's offered. We were still the best bullpen in baseball last year without him.

I agree about kimbrel should've pitched that inning, but our manager is an idiot. Since FG wasn't gonna use kimbrel for 2 innings, EOF would've been nice considering he was nearly perfect while with Atlanta.