PDA

View Full Version : Rawlings visiting Ole Miss

Coach34
01-22-2014, 10:47 PM
considering he grew up an Ole Miss fan, not shocked at all. Good for him, and this way he has no regrets

dawgclub99
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Have they offered him yet?

Coach34
01-22-2014, 10:52 PM
Not that I've seen reported. I know they were all over his jock Sunday after his visit to State though

msstate7
01-22-2014, 10:54 PM
I would be upset if he flipped considering he's been committed to us since 10-3-13. Hard to find a replacement with 2 weeks to go...

Goat Holder
01-22-2014, 11:06 PM
They are working on it. Stallings and Sims are right there on our radar. They had to have seen this coming, because we really need to sign at least 5 linemen and if he flips, that's 3 on our list. I'm pretty sure Stallings is signing with us, though. Hopefully one of Sims/Rawlings will as well.

msstate7
01-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Would love to get sims. He seems like a guy that get push for our running game as large as he is

BeastMan
01-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I keep hearing we're not taking as many OL as everyone keeps saying. I hope Rawlings sticks but if he doesn't I bet we go best available>>JT Gray. If Rawlings gets an offer from the school he grew up loving, I'd completely understand him flipping.

engie
01-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Rawlings is their backup plan for Sims IMO. Their late invite seems pretty telling to me that they are concerned about Sims' visit with MSU last week and aren't positive that they've got him in the bag. As long as we pull one of those two, we are fine.

msstate7
01-22-2014, 11:26 PM
Rawlings is their backup plan for Sims IMO. Their late invite seems pretty telling to me that they are concerned about Sims' visit with MSU last week and aren't positive that they've got him in the bag. As long as we pull one of those two, we are fine.

Let's get both.

mic
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
If we get one great , if we can get both even better, if we get neither its OK...
Still good young depth at OL..

And everyone knows how this goes down..
If Rawlings flips it will be how great Freeze is , how blown away he was, dream offer , yada yada yada,
And if he stays with us its only because they didn't have room couldn't offer , prob be even as far fetched as after the visit Rawlings was so blown away and wanted to go there so bad he was willing grey shirt but Freeze advised him to stick with MSU

But the best case would be if its for certain an offer was given and Rawlings turns them down. That would be epic.....

messageboardsuperhero
01-22-2014, 11:39 PM
What often get lost in recruiting is this: You only need players on your team who want to be there.

If Rawlings visits UM, they offer him, and that's where he truly wants to be- then best of luck except on Thanksgiving.

If Rawlings chooses to attend Mississippi State because we have accepted him into the family, had faith in him from the start, and this is where he wants to be- then that's awesome. He would make a great bulldog.

At the end of the day I really hope Rawlings chooses us because he has a bright future, but if he'd truly rather be somewhere else and would have regrets about his decision, then he should take time to think about it. That's what would be in his (and everyone else's) best interest in the long-run.

whosyourdawgy
01-22-2014, 11:45 PM
We've put a lot of time and effort into recruiting this young man and his family. They seem to love how the coaches have gone about recruiting him too. Didn't Rawlings also say it felt like family? It's a huge decision for an 18 year old kid. If he grew up Hotty Toddying getting an official visit is probably a life long dream. Let him go and see if he likes it, the coaches, and players better than he does at MSU. We were on him early, offered a scholly early, and have continued to pursue him to the end. We've done all the work we can do. Love to have him too. I think he's gonna be a great one for us down the line.

MzTerry
01-22-2014, 11:52 PM
They will get sims and Rawlings. Sims and Rawlings hit it off this weekend (well-documented on 247) and sims is an ole miss lean while Rawlings is an ole miss fan. Writing is on the wall. Hell, sims probably helped campaigned for Rawlings' offer.

Come on down JT Gray. I've wanted him all along. I did like Rawlings too though.

engie
01-22-2014, 11:55 PM
They will get sims and Rawlings. Sims and Rawlings hit it off this weekend (well-documented on 247) and sims is an ole miss lean while Rawlings is an ole miss fan. Writing is on the wall. Hell, sims probably helped campaigned for Rawlings' offer.

Come on down JT Gray. I've wanted him all along. I did like Rawlings too though.

They don't have room for both right now.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2014, 11:56 PM

I think they get Sims and we get Rawlings. I will be extremely disappointed if we lose out on both.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2014, 11:59 PM

Word is that they are taking two more OL. Not sure who else they are after, but they want two more OL. I know they are trying to steal that Vandy commit Sawyers from Nashville, so I just don't see how they sign two more OL.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 12:00 AM

Wonder if they're bringing in Rawlings as a way to try and get the commitment out of sims. Tell sims they're gonna give the offer to Rawlings unless sims commits

engie
01-23-2014, 12:06 AM
Wonder if they're bringing in Rawlings as a way to try and get the commitment out of sims. Tell sims they're gonna give the offer to Rawlings unless sims commits

That's basically how I see it.

MzTerry
01-23-2014, 12:08 AM
I'd be shocked if either signs with us at this point. OM will have several grayshirt. This is the SEC, 25 and 85 limit be damned.

engie
01-23-2014, 12:09 AM
http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?p=46999568&pg=2

He's pretty high on their list**

Todd4State
01-23-2014, 12:11 AM

That's very plausible. I guarantee you that if they had their drouthers, they would perfer Sims because of the stars by his name.

Todd4State
01-23-2014, 12:14 AM
I'd be shocked if either signs with us at this point. OM will have several grayshirt. This is the SEC, 25 and 85 limit be damned.

The real question is do the guys that they are going to grayshirt know that they are going to grayshirt?

hailmari
01-23-2014, 12:24 AM
Did Bailey Granier (OT from Louisiana) ever commit anywhere after decommiting from Vandy? We were after him hard at one time.

FlabLoser
01-23-2014, 12:26 AM
It wouldn't be crootin season if OM didn't flip somebody and spoil that player's career. #Brassell

Coach34
01-23-2014, 12:30 AM
Gray shirts don't sign in February I don't think- so yeah, they know

Todd4State
01-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Gray shirts don't sign in February I don't think- so yeah, they know

I was under the impression you could wait until NSD and tell a player that you don't have room for them.

defiantdog
01-23-2014, 02:05 AM
Just throwing it out there.... but Rawlings may be putting the bug in Sims ear about going to State. I really think this guy is solid with State.

Schultzy
01-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Just throwing it out there.... but Rawlings may be putting the bug in Sims ear about going to State. I really think this guy is solid with State.

I don't think we should just assume he's gone if ole miss offers either. If he does so be it but why just assume it?

Growing up a fan and being recruited are two very different things. We are a very attractive place right now with our team's expectations, coach's job security, new facilities, talent and overall momentum.

No matter what, it seems like our staff has learned some recruiting lessons and have started getting on players sooner as shown by the looks of the 2015 class as well as the current one.

MabenMaroon
01-23-2014, 06:44 AM
What often get lost in recruiting is this: You only need players on your team who want to be there.

If Rawlings visits UM, they offer him, and that's where he truly wants to be- then best of luck except on Thanksgiving.

If Rawlings chooses to attend Mississippi State because we have accepted him into the family, had faith in him from the start, and this is where he wants to be- then that's awesome. He would make a great bulldog.

At the end of the day I really hope Rawlings chooses us because he has a bright future, but if he'd truly rather be somewhere else and would have regrets about his decision, then he should take time to think about it. That's what would be in his (and everyone else's) best interest in the long-run.

Extremely well said, if Mr. Rawlings flips, it just means he didn't want to be with us, pretty plain and simple.

Coach34
01-23-2014, 08:22 AM
I was under the impression you could wait until NSD and tell a player that you don't have room for them.

You can. But then on signing day- they know and can still sign somewhere else that has room for them- or wait around and accept the grayshirt

Dawgtini
01-23-2014, 08:37 AM

This can't be true**. I saw a thread on NAFOOM that said Simms was in contact with OMU coaches the whole visit and that we have "no game" in recruiting.

Political Hack
01-23-2014, 08:49 AM
http://www.secrant.com/rant/display.aspx?p=46999568&pg=2

He's pretty high on their list**

Ole Miss fans "assume he's not a complete tard." Stay classy plantation.

Political Hack
01-23-2014, 08:53 AM
the kid and his whole family seem like class acts. I'll be a fan no matter where he ends up. Sort of like when we lost Brunetti to West Virginia. I still liked him and the way he handled himself. Was always a fan... until he became a rebel. If Rawlings goes to OM, I hope he becomes a four year starter and all-SEC... and has terrible games everything Thanksgiving.

bully99
01-23-2014, 09:15 AM
Shake my head

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
You can. But then on signing day- they know and can still sign somewhere else that has room for them- or wait around and accept the grayshirt

Greyshirts sign on signing day. They just don't enroll until January.

My guess is that they are doing this to their injured recruits - Dickens, Putnam, and probably the kicker from Memphis who doesn't need the scholarship and can enroll in August and just pay for school and then go on scholarship in January.

There is one recruit that we have signed, that I would love to ask to greyshirt because of injury because he won't be able to play this fall anyway, but I really doubt it happens.

whosyourdawgy
01-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Damn that's some harsh words from the Rebs on Rawlings. They basically say he sucks. Of course that is the SEC Rant board and those asshats are insanely stupid there.

cheewgumm
01-23-2014, 10:17 AM
If he flips, which I hope he doesn't, I at least hope he does it quickly and not wait until signing day. Hopefully if he and his family are as classy as everyone says freeze won't be able to talk them into screwing us as much as possible by flipping on signing day.

Political Hack
01-23-2014, 11:06 AM
If he flips, which I hope he doesn't, I at least hope he does it quickly and not wait until signing day. Hopefully if he and his family are as classy as everyone says freeze won't be able to talk them into screwing us as much as possible by flipping on signing day.

I don think he and his family would do that with ill intentions. It cost us a big OL a few years back that we turned away only to see an LOI not come in that we were expecting. By the time the kid found out what happened it was too late and he had signed elsewhere. one kid's shenanigans cost another kid a chance to play at his school of choice. I'm sure th Rawlings understand that and even if Freeze wants to do that to state, I doubt the family would do that to another kid.