PDA

View Full Version : I am actually excited about MSU basketball

Squidawg11
01-22-2014, 09:00 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I am genuinely excited about MSU basketball. I know we have a long way to go, but I am really excited about the direction of our program. I always enjoy watching our men and women represent MSU, but now I am actually excited about watching the basketball team. He actually has the program further along then I thought it would be at this point. Keep it up Rick! Hail State!

drunkernhelldawg
01-23-2014, 12:31 AM
Me too. This is feeling like a winning season. I know we've got a tough stretch coming up, but maybe we can steal one somewhere.

Schultzy
01-23-2014, 12:38 AM
I honestly don't know how we are finding ways to win. Ware on the bench in foul trouble all night, starting PG out with a concussion, Sword fouls out with four and a half minute to go.

We did break the press well, made some threes and free throws.

Jacoby is playing better and looks confident. Ray is doing a damn good job.

smootness
01-23-2014, 09:47 AM
I honestly don't know how we are finding ways to win. Ware on the bench in foul trouble all night, starting PG out with a concussion, Sword fouls out with four and a half minute to go.

Yup. No Ready, yet we had 8 assists on 13 shots in the first half and only 3 TOs...and had 34 points despite Sword/Ware combining for 2. Crazy. Bloodman got a little sloppy and careless for a stretch in the 2nd half, but with Ray's teams you know that those stretches will eventually end and that we'll calm back down and start playing smart basketball.

What was the last game we played that legitimately came down to the end that we lost? There certainly haven't been any this year.

DawgInMemphis
01-23-2014, 10:00 AM

Davis has been playing much better. You can tell he's starting to trust his knee again. It takes time coming back from an injury, and the amount of time is different for everyone. He's providing very valuable minutes out there for us, and will get better as he gets more experience.

Coach34
01-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Plus with Davis- he's a Freshman playing his 1st action in college basketball.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-23-2014, 10:25 AM

This is what I said. Great win considering Ready was out and Sword and Ware combined for a total of 9 points. This team is a lot of fun to watch and they find ways to win. It's very hard to not pull for them.

msstate7
01-23-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't think Johnson gets near the credit he deserves. He's very a really nice player for us this year

TheRef
01-23-2014, 10:49 AM
Roquez definitely pulls it out in the clutch. Borchert can be a force when someone is driving the lane and he gets the chance for a block.

drunkernhelldawg
01-23-2014, 11:34 AM
Roquez definitely pulls it out in the clutch. Borchert can be a force when someone is driving the lane and he gets the chance for a block.

I don't want to revive the earlier thread by replying to your post there, but when I say that yesterday was "must win" I was not talking about the fact that one wants to win every game. I was saying that losing yesterday would have been particularly bad because it was a winnable game at home. I would not say "must win" for this team travelling to Lexington, Gainesville, T-town, etc. Still, I would love to win those games. I'm surprised to have to explain this to you, but there it is.

TheRef
01-23-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't want to revive the earlier thread by replying to your post there, but when I say that yesterday was "must win" I was not talking about the fact that one wants to win every game. I was saying that losing yesterday would have been particularly bad because it was a winnable game at home. I would not say "must win" for this team travelling to Lexington, Gainesville, T-town, etc. Still, I would love to win those games. I'm surprised to have to explain this to you, but there it is.

Ummm....okay? You didn't have to explain it to me. I know that full-well. Moving on....