PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know anything about Ravian Pierce?

MetEdDawg
01-22-2014, 07:42 PM
TE from Plantation, Florida. He was an Arkansas commit, but has decommitted from them and now has decided to take a visit to us the last weekend of the recruiting season. Looks like he's narrowed it down to us and FAU now, which is kind of weird considering he has a laundry list of offers including Ohio State, Nebraska, Florida, FSU, Miami, UCF, Louisville, and many others. Could be a possible grade situation or just that him and Arkansas decided to part ways but at this point those would be complete speculation on my part.

He's listed as the #8 TE on Scout and a 4 star. He's the #14 TE on the 24/7 composite and right on the border of getting a 4th star. Anyone got any info on this kid? Seems like he would be a good get.

starkvegasdawg
01-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Do we have a spot for another tight end? With hutch committed and our current roster I was thinking we may be full at TE unless he is just that good or can play other positions.

sbcmortgageman
01-22-2014, 08:04 PM
We may wanna move him to DE.

MetEdDawg
01-22-2014, 08:12 PM
He's 6' 4'" 215 pounds. Thing I read on Scout said he could be an LB or DE. If we miss on a few guys on the DL, he could make a move to DE I would guess.

Saltydog
01-22-2014, 08:46 PM
nt

smootness
01-22-2014, 10:23 PM
Steve said he's likely a sign-and-place, which would make sense as to why he's now searching for a landing spot with those kind of offers.

FISHDAWG
01-23-2014, 09:57 AM
Steve said he's likely a sign-and-place, which would make sense as to why he's now searching for a landing spot with those kind of offers.

pardon my ignorance but what exactly is "sign & place" ? ... my limited understanding is the recruit can't get past the entry requirements and goes to JUCO to build enough hours to transfer - my question is who pays the tuition, books, ect.... is it paid by the recruit or MSU or the Junior college ? .... if so, does this count against our schollie limit ?

HancockCountyDog
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
pardon my ignorance but what exactly is "sign & place" ? ... my limited understanding is the recruit can't get past the entry requirements and goes to JUCO to build enough hours to transfer - my question is who pays the tuition, books, ect.... is it paid by the recruit or MSU or the Junior college ? .... if so, does this count against our schollie limit ?

What is supposed to happen is that MSU gets the kid a scholarship at JUCO that they pick, with the understanding that they will sign the kid in 2 years. It doesn't always happen that way - but it does sometimes - ala Darius Slay.