PDA

View Full Version : Bo Bounds this morning

M.Fillmore
01-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Bo kept throwing out teasers to get people to stay listening about an SEC team that will take a huge fall next year due to graduation and underclass attrition. I couldn't keep listening. Does anyone know the team he was referring to? How valid is this point?

They ran an ad for their drivetime show with John Weiner. Weiner was interviewing Freeze about increased expectations and Freeze was like, "yeah, we're gonna be good".

I don't know which would be better, UM going 0-8 in the SEC, or them being 5-6 going into our game and we skulldrag them in Oxford.

Coach34
01-22-2014, 12:02 PM
Had to be talking about LSU

Saw a stat yesterday about how they had lost the most underclassmen in consecutive years in draft history.

CadaverDawg
01-22-2014, 12:09 PM
If you want to hear the two worst radio shows in the history of radio, tune in to Jon Weiner and then listen to "Talkin sports" with Rob Jay and Willie T Richardson. Horrible radio.

Weiner just repeats the same shit over and over again for 3 hours every day, and then throws out his opinions, which are usually based on nothing at all. He is a space filler on that station. And just like every other MSU fan on the radio, he tries so hard to show no bias that he ends up praising OM football and basketball all year only to be made a fool of at the end when they turn out to be "meh".

As for talkin sports....I always thought OM fans were the most delusional fans in the country, but Jackson State fans have to be up there too. They truly think that 8-4 and runner up in the SWAC is "unacceptable" at JSU. Those words come straight from Jimmy Smith. They say shit like, "if we are going to get back to having the yearly biggest attendance figures int he State of MS, we have to start winning, and 8-4 isn't cutting it". They truly think that they "deserve" to be in a better conference, have a 200 million dollar dome stadium, and that they should out-draw MSU and Ole Miss in home attendance. THAT, my friends, is some serious assed delusion and/or stupidity.

/end radio rant

msstate7
01-22-2014, 12:30 PM
If you want to hear the two worst radio shows in the history of radio, tune in to Jon Weiner and then listen to "Talkin sports" with Rob Jay and Willie T Richardson. Horrible radio.

Weiner just repeats the same shit over and over again for 3 hours every day, and then throws out his opinions, which are usually based on nothing at all. He is a space filler on that station. And just like every other MSU fan on the radio, he tries so hard to show no bias that he ends up praising OM football and basketball all year only to be made a fool of at the end when they turn out to be "meh".

As for talkin sports....I always thought OM fans were the most delusional fans in the country, but Jackson State fans have to be up there too. They truly think that 8-4 and runner up in the SWAC is "unacceptable" at JSU. Those words come straight from Jimmy Smith. They say shit like, "if we are going to get back to having the yearly biggest attendance figures int he State of MS, we have to start winning, and 8-4 isn't cutting it". They truly think that they "deserve" to be in a better conference, have a 200 million dollar dome stadium, and that they should out-draw MSU and Ole Miss in home attendance. THAT, my friends, is some serious assed delusion and/or stupidity.

/end radio rant

Jsu averaged 14,462

OM averaged 59,393 (98.04% of capacity)

State averaged 55,695 (101.11% of capacity)

Usm averaged 22,752.

I'd say jsu has their work cut out for them in winning attendance battle. They are top 20 (#15) for fcs teams though

CadaverDawg
01-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Jsu averaged 14,462

OM averaged 59,393 (98.04% of capacity)

State averaged 55,695 (101.11% of capacity)

Usm averaged 22,752.

I'd say jsu has their work cut out for them in winning attendance battle. They are top 20 (#15) for fcs teams though

Exactly.

Last night Rob Jay said JSU had better crowds every week than OM and MSU in the early 90's.

bully99
01-22-2014, 12:36 PM
Sports radio in Miss. is horrible.
62 JDX Doug "again you know " Colson is a buffoon. This show went straight to the crapper when Stinson left. Jay White is a smug idiot.

The Lifestyle. Bounds is an arrogant coach crotch sniffing wannabe. Has a local two bit show but thinks he's a national show, rarely talks Mississippi sports. Have a cigar Bo.

Jon Weiner. Just an Ole Miss homer who tries to pretend he's unbiased. Nothing to this show.

Dick and Wyatt. I had hopes when this show started, but wow is it bad. Dick Cross thinks he's Andy Rooney, because every damn thing is in the form of a question with his arrogant style. And Matt Wyatt's never ending grunts into the microphone and long winded nonsense and State people wondering which side he's on is too much for me. It's become nothing more than a three hour commercial with constant screaming land bank and c spire. The concept is good, just not with those two jokers.

Mjoelner34
01-22-2014, 12:57 PM
.... It's become nothing more than a three hour commercial with constant screaming land bank and c spire. The concept is good, just not with those two jokers.

^^^THIS^^^

I understand that you have to have advertisements but it has become nothing but an advertisement: end bumper music--- "Jim tweets on our head to head twitter feed sponsered by c spire (que Dick or Matt to begin a 1 minute discussion about c spire) Ok Jim tweets (insert Jim's question). You know Jim, that's a good question, I'll have to think about that. Call us and tell us how you feel at 555-555-5555 on the land line sponsered by Landbank (que the 1 minute Landbank discussion)"---start bumper music, proceed to recorded c spire and landbank commercials. Rinse and repeat. You basically get 30 seconds of discussion per every commercial break thanks to all of the live pushing of c spire and landbank in between the actual commercial breaks.

Boodawg
01-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Is Wiener a State fan? Sure don't seem like it. Seems more like a UM fan to me.

msstate7
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Is Wiener a State fan? Sure don't seem like it. Seems more like a UM fan to me.

Only time I heard him he was talking about how OM was about to bring it to bama. I thought he was an OM homer...

jimbo352
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
Bo kept throwing out teasers to get people to stay listening about an SEC team that will take a huge fall next year due to graduation and underclass attrition. I couldn't keep listening. Does anyone know the team he was referring to? How valid is this point?

They ran an ad for their drivetime show with John Weiner. Weiner was interviewing Freeze about increased expectations and Freeze was like, "yeah, we're gonna be good".

I don't know which would be better, UM going 0-8 in the SEC, or them being 5-6 going into our game and we skulldrag them in Oxford.

Both of us could have 8+ wins going into the eggbowl this year... It could turn out to be one of the biggest eggbowls in my short time on this earth. The Eggbowl could decide who gets the capital one bid... This is crazy to think about.

As much as I like to see OM lose, beating them in the first truly meaningful Eggbowl would be glorious...

Drugdog
01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
Wiener is clueless. I have called in several times when he made derogatory comments about State. He said we should be happy time be in the 5-6 win range. I ripped him.
Bo won't take my calls anymore, but overall I think has the best show in the State of Ms.
H2H may be the worst radio ever.

FlabLoser
01-22-2014, 01:30 PM
The Lifestyle. Bounds is an arrogant coach crotch sniffing wannabe. Has a local two bit show but thinks he's a national show, rarely talks Mississippi sports. Have a cigar Bo.

Rarely talks Mississippi sports? OK, you don't listen to Bo enough to know what you are talking about. And I like that he keeps the show bigger than egg bowl radio, which you don't approve of either.

Dick and Wyatt. I had hopes when this show started, but wow is it bad. Dick Cross thinks he's Andy Rooney, because every damn thing is in the form of a question with his arrogant style. And Matt Wyatt's never ending grunts into the microphone and long winded nonsense and State people wondering which side he's on is too much for me. It's become nothing more than a three hour commercial with constant screaming land bank and c spire. The concept is good, just not with those two jokers.

I hoped H2H would stick to what they said they were going to be - sports & guy talk. Well its just sports. And primarily its just egg bowl radio. I listen now and then, but their content is tired.

Pollodawg
01-22-2014, 01:36 PM
Had to be talking about LSU

Saw a stat yesterday about how they had lost the most underclassmen in consecutive years in draft history.

But this is LSU we are talking here. A down year for them is 9-4.

MadDawg
01-22-2014, 01:42 PM
Maybe living in central MS my entire adult life has conditioned me to bad sports radio, but I like some of both shows: Weiner and H2H. If I get tired of the crap on one show, I flip over to the other one for while.

I do find it humorous that in this single thread, Weiner has been accused of being both a State-homer and an olemiss-homer. Tells me he's plaing both sides pretty well.

WeWonItAll(Most)
01-22-2014, 01:50 PM

/end radio rant

Hey, Cam Newton

M.Fillmore
01-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Weiner's strength is he covers high school sports well. Is it a good show? Not really, but it beats listening to Dick Cross hammer Matt.

One of the last times I listened to H2H was before the 2012 season. Some South Carolina guy called in and said he didn't see how MSU could win more that 4 or 5 games. Cue Dick Cross: "That would be because you use reason and logic in your thinking, unlike the MSU fans who never use their brains and they just listen to their hearts that tell them that State will win eight games this year."

I believe State won eight games in 2012.

Cross is a tool and that is what bothers me the most about Matt letting Dick run all over him. Weiner may not be great, but it is better than H2H's Tool and Doormat.

sleepy dawg
01-22-2014, 03:34 PM
Sports radio in Miss. is horrible.
62 JDX Doug "again you know " Colson is a buffoon. This show went straight to the crapper when Stinson left. Jay White is a smug idiot.

Jon Weiner. Just an Ole Miss homer who tries to pretend he's unbiased. Nothing to this show.

How could a show go down when someone who knows nothing of sports leaves. Doug may suck, but at least he attempted to follow sports. I used to listen to Chuck and Doug everyday, since there were no better alternatives, and Chuck NEVER actually watched the big sports games from the day before. He would just always refer back to something that happened in the 80s or early 90s. Chuck Stinson leaving the radio was the best thing that ever happened.

chef dixon
01-22-2014, 04:31 PM
Wow, just listen to yourselves. Most of you hate everything.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2014, 05:05 PM
But this is LSU we are talking here. A down year for them is 9-4.

If Miles goes 8-4 again, Im not sure he makes it another season.