PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why but this bothers me. Paul just retweeted a USC tweet on Stallworth.

whosyourdawgy
01-22-2014, 10:56 AM
on whether he'd visit us this weekend or not. OK, something I'm interested in, so I click it. It's a freaking pay site article. I am not nor will be a paying member of a website for recruiting or anything for that matter. It ain't much but what I have goes to soccer, basketball, cheer, and whatever the heck else my kids get in to. I guess the best thing for me to do is unfollow Paul and just read the retweets from the beat writers when he tweets something we all can see. Little rant for morning done.

CooterDavenport
01-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Paul and his USC counterparts have to pay for their kids' soccer, too.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2014, 11:04 AM
on whether he'd visit us this weekend or not. OK, something I'm interested in, so I click it. It's a freaking pay site article. I am not nor will be a paying member of a website for recruiting or anything for that matter. It ain't much but what I have goes to soccer, basketball, cheer, and whatever the heck else my kids get in to. I guess the best thing for me to do is unfollow Paul and just read the retweets from the beat writers when he tweets something we all can see. Little rant for morning done.

No matter what he says, we won't know until Friday if he is visiting or not. Kids after an official visit say they aren't visiting anywhere else, and then a few days pass and they remember that visits are fun.

I have no idea what the article says - but I bet you he shows up.

whosyourdawgy
01-22-2014, 11:06 AM
True, but that will come from young single guys with no kids and married men that have more disposable income than I do. No problem with pay sites at all. I just won't be a member

Coach34
01-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Everybody should just give up soccer- problem solved

BeastMan
01-22-2014, 11:29 AM
I have no idea what the article says - but I bet you he shows up.

Apparently, the USC site guy said he will not be visiting Starkville.

msstate7
01-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Apparently, the USC site guy said he will not be visiting Starkville.

What about kid from Washington?

whosyourdawgy
01-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Somewhat agree coach but keeps kids busy and in shape. It gets more entertaining anc competitive the older he gets. Much rather watch soccer in the rain than sit and watch a cheer competition for 6 hours and see my daughter a total of 4 to 5 minutes on the stage.

mjh94
01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
Aside from the soccer discussion..

in theory, MSU staff may have told Stallworth "no thanks" because they feel confident we'll get a commitment from Marcus Griffin from Washington state.

codeDawg
01-22-2014, 12:31 PM
I must have missed the soccer discussion...

engie
01-22-2014, 12:34 PM
Aside from the soccer discussion..

in theory, MSU staff may have told Stallworth "no thanks" because they feel confident we'll get a commitment from Marcus Griffin from Washington state.

Doubtful. Stallworth is really good.

I'd expect us to make an in-home today or tomorrow and throw the kitchen sink at getting him to campus...

defiantdog
01-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Thomas should be our number one flip option here. Stallworth will most likely not even hit campus. This weekend is huge for our out of state recruits (we have to keep Cooper away from UGA as well). Then we may have a visit from Humphrey on Monday.

HancockCountyDog
01-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Doubtful. Stallworth is really good.

I'd expect us to make an in-home today or tomorrow and throw the kitchen sink at getting him to campus...

I agree - lets see if he doesn't show up. If he shows up, SC may get pissed and pull his offer - Spurrier has been known to pull that petty shit.

Either way - we need him on campus.

TheDogFather
01-22-2014, 04:24 PM
I understand your dilemma. I don't use pay sites either - purely financial. But I would suggest you continue to follow Paul and glean any useful information you can from him. He is a friend of mine and a fine person who deals with truth and reliable information.

Todd4State
01-22-2014, 04:40 PM
What about kid from Washington?

I feel good about Griffin. Better than I do about Stallworth or Thomas for that matter. The only issue I see with Griffin potentially is if he is OK being a six hour flight from home. I had to do my OT school rotation in Seattle and was there for a few months. It was a little bit of an adjustment.

smootness
01-22-2014, 04:47 PM
I definitely feel best about Thomas. I think we have roughly a 75% chance or so of getting him. I hope either Griffin or Trey Carter is truly in play after that because we need some quality DL in this class pretty badly.