PDA

View Full Version : Rokas Gustys beast bball player for Oak Hill

Dawg61
01-22-2014, 02:03 AM
watching Oak Hill on ESPNU and they have this HUGE Lithuanian Rokas Gustys playing. He's 6'9 and stronger than Gavin Ware. Dude is Nikola Pekovic strong. He's raw but looks like a future stud that's getting almost no offers right now. He will easily be one of the strongest players in the SEC if we signed him. You want a big body that can more than hold his own getting boards then you want this guy. Georgia is showing him some interest and he holds an offer from UAB and Rhode Island. We can get this guy! (I realize we need some shooters but I was that impressed with him)

http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=6958489

Check out him standing next to Cam Newton to get an idea of his size. Cam is huge just not next to Gustys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gr8tness33/media/grid?idx=10&tid=332922754087124992

bully99
01-22-2014, 02:14 AM
He would be on the all name team.

smootness
01-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Cam is huge for a QB. Gustys is average size for a PF, a little small for a C.

He plays for Oak Hill so he's getting a ton of exposure. If most teams still don't want him, I doubt we should, either.

dawgs
01-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Cam is huge for a QB. Gustys is average size for a PF, a little small for a C.

He plays for Oak Hill so he's getting a ton of exposure. If most teams still don't want him, I doubt we should, either.

i haven't watched him play and have next to no idea about his skill set, but google tells me he's 6'9" 245 lbs. for MBB, that's pretty damn big these days.

smootness
01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
i haven't watched him play and have next to no idea about his skill set, but google tells me he's 6'9" 245 lbs. for MBB, that's pretty damn big these days.

It's definitely not undersized, just saying that comparing him to Cam Newton doesn't really mean anything.

He's basically Wendell Lewis size, except he doesn't quite weigh as much yet. Big enough to be a big-man in college basketball but not huge by any means.

Dawg61
01-22-2014, 06:00 PM
It's definitely not undersized, just saying that comparing him to Cam Newton doesn't really mean anything.

He's basically Wendell Lewis size, except he doesn't quite weigh as much yet. Big enough to be a big-man in college basketball but not huge by any means.

Big not Mutumbo tall. He is ripped like Patrick Young. You gotta see him. I bring him up because he's someone we can get that plays vs future NBA players like Jabari Parker all the time. He'll be a walking double double as soon as he gets starter minutes and he's a relative unknown right now. I just think he'd quickly be a fan favorite Brandon Vincent type for MSU. Guarantee you he's better than Ndoye right now.

smootness
01-22-2014, 10:50 PM
Big not Mutumbo tall. He is ripped like Patrick Young. You gotta see him. I bring him up because he's someone we can get that plays vs future NBA players like Jabari Parker all the time. He'll be a walking double double as soon as he gets starter minutes and he's a relative unknown right now. I just think he'd quickly be a fan favorite Brandon Vincent type for MSU. Guarantee you he's better than Ndoye right now.

Uh, ok.