PDA

View Full Version : After a MSU victory or loss..

Drugdog
01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Describe your worst meal..( house of death, etc..)

CJDAWG85
01-21-2014, 10:18 AM
Varsity Club - Morgantown, WV

We ate there before the game and it was pretty good. There wasn't too many people in there so the service was good. After the game, we decided to go back before we left. The looks we got walking in were as if we walked in butt ass naked. We were seated and that was it. Didn't see a server for 30 mins. We would've gotten up and left, but we were unsure of things would pan out since those drunk hillbillies were already fighting each other. I was literally cussed out by what looked like a 6 year old because I was wearing maroon. You would've thought I had Pitt written in big letters on my shirt. Finally the manager walked up and asked how everything was going. We told him we hadn't even seen a server yet and had been here for half an hour. His response and I shit you not, "Doesn't surprise me." " I'm not from here and they treat outsiders like leppers." He comped our meal, but it was cold.

hells bells
01-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Varsity Club - Morgantown, WV

We ate there before the game and it was pretty good. There wasn't too many people in there so the service was good. After the game, we decided to go back before we left. The looks we got walking in were as if we walked in butt ass naked. We were seated and that was it. Didn't see a server for 30 mins. We would've gotten up and left, but we were unsure of things would pan out since those drunk hillbillies were already fighting each other. I was literally cussed out by what looked like a 6 year old because I was wearing maroon. You would've thought I had Pitt written in big letters on my shirt. Finally the manager walked up and asked how everything was going. We told him we hadn't even seen a server yet and had been here for half an hour. His response and I shit you not, "Doesn't surprise me." " I'm not from here and they treat outsiders like leppers." He comped our meal, but it was cold.

I worked that area early in my career. True statement about outsiders. Joke was WV is the home to the largest family reunion. 15,000 to 20,000 show for one. You get my drift.

Original48
01-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Went to the sweet 16 in Lexington in '96. Don't know that I will ever experience a more glorious weekend. However, we were advised to try this local dish called the 'Hot Brown'. I could make this long and detail the pain our party of 8 endured over the next several hours of completing this meal but I won't. I will say, the following fall, in its honor, we created a large maroon and white banner and named our tailgate The Hot Brown. Here are some images for your enjoyment...
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A0PDoQ54lt5SSx0AJ4GJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTIyYm twZzFoBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAMwYWU5MjAwMDQyOGI5 ZGY4ZDIzNGM2MWExNzg3MzcxOARncG9zAzQEaXQDYmluZw--?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearc h%2Fimages%3F_adv_prop%3Dimage%26va%3Dpicture%2Bof %2Bthe%2Bhot%2Bbrown%26fr%3Dipad%26tab%3Dorganic%2 6ri%3D4&w=519&h=378&imgurl=www.roadfood.com%2Fphotos%2F1860.JPG&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.roadfood.com%2FRestaurant%2F Overview%2F617%2Fbrown-hotel&size=24.4KB&name=%3Cb%3EThe+%3C%2Fb%3EKentucky+%3Cb%3Ehot+brow n+%3C%2Fb%3Eis+formally+known+as+a+sandwich%2C+but +there+is+...&p=picture+of+the+hot+brown&oid=0ae92000428b9df8d234c61a17873718&fr2=&fr=ipad&tt=%3Cb%3EThe+%3C%2Fb%3EKentucky+%3Cb%3Ehot+brown+ %3C%2Fb%3Eis+formally+known+as+a+sandwich%2C+but+t here+is+...&b=0&ni=21&no=4&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11rvlafsb&sigb=13h6q889j&sigi=1106360a3&.crumb=96IIoEFmsgw&fr=ipad