msstate7
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
that you've never been. I think my top 3 would be:

1. The swamp
2. Allen fieldhouse
3. The horseshoe

Drugdog
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Been to The Swamp. I was NOT impressed at all.
1. Cameron Indoor
2. Cowboy Stadium-SEC kickoff classic
3. Red River -OU vs Tx

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 09:27 PM
1. Fayetteville to complete my tour of the SEC.

BogeyGolfer
01-20-2014, 09:30 PM
that you've never been. I think my top 3 would be:
1. The swamp
2. Allen fieldhouse
3. The horseshoe

I know many that talk about the Swamp being overrated but that's been my most enjoyable road trip. Here are a few on my bucket list.

1. Neyland Stadium - one of few stadiums in the SEC that I've never visited.

2. The Rose Bowl Game

3. I second Allen Field House. Had a friend last year buy tickets to a December game and drive up... Hated I couldn't make the trip and scratch it off the list...

4. World's Largest Cocktail Party- when both teams are good.

*** slight thread hijack...
Vandy has best place to watch a football game but their basketball arena sucks. Also, I thought Athens was a great town but their stadium atmosphere is meh... Been there twice 06' and 11'...

gravedigger
01-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Michigan
Notre dame
Florida state

msstate7
01-20-2014, 09:53 PM
Michigan
Notre dame
Florida state

Notre dame would be a good one.

Rick Danko
01-20-2014, 10:01 PM
1. Notre Dame game. Just seems like it would be amazing
2. Red River Rivalry. Two classic programs with a bonus of the Texas state fair.
3. Any LSU SEC night game

civildawg
01-20-2014, 10:08 PM
Went to Florida in 2011? When we beat them in the swamp. Gainesville and that campus sucks. One of the worst places in sec I've been to

EAVdog
01-20-2014, 10:10 PM
Sorority Row tour of the SEC. If we're just throwing things out there.

Will James
01-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Williams-Brice for a MSU-USCe top 10 matchup

messageboardsuperhero
01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
It's not college, but I'd love to go to a classic frozen tundra/Green Bay game with subzero temperatures.

Vandownbytheriver
01-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Death Valley and Bryant Deny as a neutral fan. Both seem like amazing venues, but wouldn't want to listen to the coonasses or Gumps if State lost.

Political Hack
01-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Cameron Indoor - bucket list item. Unreal fan support in a small venue.
The Big House - winningest team in America.
Notre Dame - TD Jesus.
Oregon - one of the best atmospheres on college football.
Wisconsin - want to see jump around in the 4th and Madison is supposed to be a great town.

Political Hack
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM
Death Valley and Bryant Deny as a neutral fan. Both seem like amazing venues, but wouldn't want to listen to the coonasses or Gumps if State lost.

been to both neutrally. LSU blows it out of the water. Bama has all the pageantry of the Rose Bowl, but LSU at night will send electricity through your body and make the hair on your arm stand up. It's awesome.

hailmari
01-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Red River rivalry
A good South Carolina game
Cotton bowl (or just a random game in cowboys stadium)

I second the Packers game pick.

I visited Notre Dame's campus over the summer.. It's really clean and well put together. You can tell they have money to spend.. But I'm not sure it's worth the ride through the wasteland that is Indiana.

BeastMan
01-20-2014, 11:54 PM
Death Valley (Clemson)
Athens
Knoxville (gotta be on a boat tailgate though)

Political Hack
01-20-2014, 11:56 PM
Bogey, hope you're a skinny guy if you're going to Neyland. Awesome venue but they added 7k seats without expanding the stadium. they just moved the numbers on the bleacher seats close to each other. it's tight. worst seating I've ever had to deal with at a college stadium.

Political Hack
01-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Beast, I should've added Clemson to mine. I've been wanting to go there for a while too.

Done Knoxville and Athens. Both are fun venues.

theloungeinleft
01-20-2014, 11:57 PM
Been to The Swamp. I was NOT impressed at all.
1. Cameron Indoor
2. Cowboy Stadium-SEC kickoff classic
3. Red River -OU vs Tx

Agree in regards to The Swamp.

Army-Navy game is an ultimate bucket-list game for me.

Original48
01-21-2014, 12:06 AM
Drugdog correct..swamp is horrible. Hack is correct..Neyland is for skinny people. Only place I haven't been in the SEC (excluding A&M and Mizzou) is Georgia. So I need that one. And as much as I hate Notre Dame I really would like to go to one there in mid to late October. LSU band entrance at night in Tiger Stadium is by far the most chilling pregame event there is.

Hotdawg66
01-21-2014, 08:21 AM
LSU at night
Oregon
Cal Have always heard its a great location

Have already done most of the SEC and ACC venues

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
01-21-2014, 08:35 AM
I went to The Swamp in 2001 and although we got our asses beat, it was a good experience. The size of the stadium from the outside is deceiving because it actually sits lower in the ground. I was also lucky enough to make a trip to Notre Dame in 2010 for a game against Air Force. I couldn't have asked for a better day to go. Bright blue skies, around 70 degrees and the leaves were just starting to change colors. I'd recommend it to anyone if you ever get the chance to go.
Places I'd like to visit in the future:
-The CWS (wasn't able to make it this year)
-SEC Championship Game
-The Big House

FISHDAWG
01-21-2014, 09:33 AM
the Library during the big cruitin weekend **

msstate7
01-21-2014, 09:52 AM
the Library during the big cruitin weekend **

The revival**

RadtechBulldog
01-21-2014, 09:57 AM
1. SEC Championship w/ State playing in it
2. LSU night game
3. Oregon

HereComesTheSpiral
01-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Agree in regards to The Swamp.

Army-Navy game is an ultimate bucket-list game for me.

To truly experience Army-Navy, you need to go to the campuses a week before the game. Army does something every night in honor of the game like setting a boat on fire and sinking it in the Hudson River. If you go, bring lots of warm clothes.

Maroonthirteen
01-21-2014, 11:07 AM
I agree on the Horseshoe.

On a business trip up there, i drove by one night, just after their latest expansion. A gate was open, i walked around. I was impressed the way they kept all the old architecture and art. Also, the way they expanded that place (down)....the lower seats are right on top of the field now. I would enjoy seeing a game there.

I agree on Cameron too.

Ill pile on the swamp. It looks old and is a maze of walkways and ramps to get to your seat. At least where I sat on the visitors side/endzone/up about 60 rows.

The nicest, cleanest venue in all the SEC was Fayetteville. I admit i have not been to UK or USC ever. I haven't been to Tuscaloosa since their last expansion. But......Fayetteville is a good looking stadium with good sight lines.

dickiedawg
01-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Tad Smith Coliseum**

I second Camp Randall at Wisconsin. Not sure what sticks out about it but it strikes me as really cool and I've always wanted to visit there.

Carolina Stadium (USC Baseball), Blue Bell Park (aTm). Also I really want to make a trip to Athens for a football game or baseball series.

Bothrops
01-21-2014, 05:03 PM
I've always dreamed of us playing in the Rose Bowl. That would be my football heaven.

ScoobaDawg
01-21-2014, 05:34 PM
been to both neutrally. LSU blows it out of the water. Bama has all the pageantry of the Rose Bowl, but LSU at night will send electricity through your body and make the hair on your arm stand up. It's awesome.

Especially when it's watching Eli and Mississippi lose the west...

Been to Bama a ton of times but not since the last expansion. It's impressive but I still can't stand their fans.. And that was pre-saban

Johnson85
01-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Hack is correct..Neyland is for skinny people.

What makes it worse, the Venn diagram for UT fans and skinny people is a lot closer to OO than O.