PDA

View Full Version : I call...

woozman
01-20-2014, 09:10 PM

According to Yancy...

**We are hearing they are not going to bring in Aeries Williams for a visit. Numbers are too tight so we have removed him off of the hot list.

**MSU safety Brandon Bryant is still on the board, but if they bring him in it will be on the 1/31 weekend and not this one.

deltadawg99
01-20-2014, 09:14 PM
Hahaha typical Yancy spin

Drugdog
01-20-2014, 09:15 PM
DoucheBag=yancy

messageboardsuperhero
01-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Williams was never even considering UM, but don't tell me "numbers are too tight"- UM would kill for a back like him.

As for Bryant, his twitter page says it all: https://twitter.com/blb6_era.

smootness
01-20-2014, 09:32 PM

According to Yancy...

**We are hearing they are not going to bring in Aeries Williams for a visit. Numbers are too tight so we have removed him off of the hot list.

**MSU safety Brandon Bryant is still on the board, but if they bring him in it will be on the 1/31 weekend and not this one.

Hahahahaha.

So he's been throwing out elite names left and right...they haven't gotten any of them...but numbers are tight. Ah, man, it really is entertaining.

Coach34
01-20-2014, 09:36 PM
that's just sad

AlSwearengen
01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
wasn't there mention that olemiss was paying recruits just to take visits to oxford last year? I guess a lot can happen b/t now and signing day, but this year, everything isn't positive news for them like last year.

Op4isabitch
01-20-2014, 10:22 PM
Aeries told PJ after this weekend that he wasn't taking any more visits because he is happy with his decision!

So Yancy can say what ever the hell it is that dope heads say but the reason they aren't bringing AW in for a visit is because he told them he isn't coming.

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 10:28 PM
Honestly, if their coaches think that their numbers are too tight to take a player like Aeries Williams, then they have some major issues with identifying talent.

"Well, you won Mississippi POY, but we just don't have a spot for you." LOL.

Coach34
01-20-2014, 10:29 PM
Honestly, if their coaches think that their numbers are too tight to take a player like Aeries Williams, then they have some major issues with identifying talent.

"Well, you won Mississippi POY, but we just don't have a spot for you." LOL.

What would concern me more is if someone believed Yancy

preachermatt83
01-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Williams was never even considering UM, but don't tell me "numbers are too tight"- UM would kill for a back like him.

As for Bryant, his twitter page says it all: https://twitter.com/blb6_era.

looking at his feed notice what he says about coach townsend... he talks about him laying out a plan for the future. That's the second recruit that has mentioned Townsend doing that. Being that he is a NFL star that these kids see he knows the right plan I think coach T is gonna end up being an amazing recruiter.

smootness
01-20-2014, 11:21 PM
looking at his feed notice what he says about coach townsend... he talks about him laying out a plan for the future. That's the second recruit that has mentioned Townsend doing that. Being that he is a NFL star that these kids see he knows the right plan I think coach T is gonna end up being an amazing recruiter.

I agree with this. I hope we're grooming him to try to promote him and keep him a while. People talk about the 2010 staff, but this one is going to turn out to be darn good. Collins is a beast, and Gonzales, Turner, Hughes, Knox, and Townsend are all great position coaches. Hevesy is underrated, too. If we can keep them together and add an energetic, young guy that can recruit, next year's staff has the potential to be about as good as any in the conference overall.

bully99
01-20-2014, 11:28 PM
Yancy and Shepherd Smith. A couple of Bears "light in the loafers ".

mic
01-21-2014, 12:22 AM
they also have a number of out of state guys they were expecting to come in as well that aren't coming now.. Its mostly just committed guys. I bet we have more uncommitted players here this weekend as they do.....

NorthMsDawg
01-21-2014, 08:59 AM
Cocaine is a helluva drug.

engie
01-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Yancy is really easy to understand/interpret when you have been doing it for awhile...

IF there was a chance in hell those guys were ever going to visit them, he would have NEVER "outed" them until they were on campus at Ole Miss. He would hint his sheep into a frenzy -- but would never give names. That's the thing about Yancy -- he's an OM fan first and would do nothing to actually HURT their program like announcing MSU players are going to visit them well in advance.

He only does that to try to have us "eat" our own among our MOST SOLID recruits thus giving Freeze(and Nutt before him) a lifeline to get back into the recruitment of players that he really wants but is out of the game with. Luckily, MSU fans as a whole have gotten much wiser to the recruiting game the past couple of years.

Notice how he throws no mention of Gerri Green? He probably still believes they've got a puncher's chance on that one.

BTW -- he treated Ashton Shumpert's recruitment post commitment exactly like Aeris's. People were having to tweet out pictures of Shump hanging out at the Seal Complex after the extent that Yancy tried to lead people to believe he was going to visit Ole Miss on the big recruiting weekend. Don't think for one second Yancy is done for the year with this type of bs. He's just getting started. He lives for making the next couple of weeks as exciting for OM fans and miserable for MSU fans as humanly possible -- and the amount of people that buy the spin is downright scary.

smootness
01-21-2014, 09:49 AM
engie, I agree with pretty much everything you posted. I agree we've gotten smarter about it and obviously those who buy Yancy's crap are crazy but I really don't think there are many who do anymore.

Even on scout, you used to see a lot of, 'Steve?!?!?! Yancy says ___ is visiting, what's the deal?!' and then everyone would freak out. But now, you see it every once in a while but it's usually met with people dismissing Yancy.

It really is hilarious that he would just outright lie and go through the kind of effort he does, but I don't ever think it had much of an effect. Sure, it was always dumb and potentially harmful for State fans to bash recruits but I don't think it really had much effect on any players' ultimate decision. Yancy's just built up his influence in his own mind.

Regardless, I'm going to really enjoy the collapse of this year's recruiting class in their minds. It'll still be a decent class but it's not going to be anything close to what they thought it would be.