Wendell Lewis: lost scholarship

Brian Bryant: below average
Jalen Steele: lost scholarship

Rodney Hood: transfer and future 1st round pick
David Gardner: kicked off
Deville Smith: kicked off
Roq Johnson: average player
Shawn Long: kicked off

This list speaks for itself. Stansbury fired Stansbury. I bring this up because those that don't remember history are bound to repeat it. For 10 years the signs were there with Stansbury. Ray needs to keep the players he signs and he needs to sign quality players. If he can do that he can have a more successful career than Stansbury. Ray also needs to add some nice transfers or jucos anytime he loses an existing player (Applewhite, Euro, Smith, Lewis, Steele) have been replaced by whom?

Coach34
01-20-2014, 09:43 PM
Renardo Sidney: coach killer
John Riek: transfer
Shaun Smith: kicked off

Wow- looking at that grouped together...wow

Dawg61
01-20-2014, 09:55 PM
Every coach will have a bad year every once in awhile but Stansbury had terrible ones next to terrible ones. It's really amazing he won as much as he did when you look at who he signed and lost/transferred. He benefited tremendously from transfers. Rick Ray should take note of that. Stansbury was able to extend a career for 14 years that would of been cut in half without getting those quality transfers. We have an open scholarship and we should really consider having 2-3 open ones for next year imo. Go get some transfers and shooters from Juco. We can be a top 5 SEC team NEXT YEAR if we do just that.

missouridawg
01-20-2014, 09:57 PM
I think there needs to be one thing that people just need to come to grips with regarding college basketball.

Players are going to transfer. It sucks... and it really sucks when there is a contributor or potential contributor that does it... but it's going to happen.

ChevChelios
01-20-2014, 10:03 PM
You left off Arnett.

Dawg61
01-20-2014, 10:15 PM
You left off Arnett.

I didn't include any transfer ins. Just signees. I did give Stansbury huge credit for getting players to transfer in though. So far Ray has had zero players transfer into MSU. That needs to change imo.

msstate7
01-20-2014, 10:19 PM
I didn't include any transfer ins. Just signees. I did give Stansbury huge credit for getting players to transfer in though. So far Ray has had zero players transfer into MSU. That needs to change imo.

This is what I hope we do with open scholarship

hailmari
01-20-2014, 10:31 PM
Guys like Phil Turner and Brian Bryant would've excelled under Rick Ray.. Good hustle guys.

esplanade91
01-20-2014, 10:33 PM
You left off Arnett.

Not a signee.

What stuck out to me was that Stans had 3 of the top 20 greatest MSU players of all-time on the same team for almost 4 years (Stewart, Bost, Jarvis) coupled together with some average guys who sometimes played above their potential (Ravern, Augustus). He whiffed on A LOT of players but got really lucky with those 3 + transfers. They basically went out there and street-balled. Imagine if they hustled and had a game plan. And imagine if we had depth and guys weren't required to play the entirety of both halves. The drop-off was horrific.

TheDogFather
01-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Renardo Sidney: coach killer
John Riek: transfer
Shaun Smith: kicked off

Wow- looking at that grouped together...wow

Yeah. Wow.

To have all of those non-talented players, discipline problems, and talent transfers and still be able to compete for championships, hang a few banners, make post season, win 20 games, and have the best W-L behind perennials UK and UF, I guess he must have been a pretty good coach.

Dawg61
01-20-2014, 11:35 PM
False. UT, Bama, Mizzou, also have higher W-L. LSU, Arky, aTm and Vandy might too.

War Machine Dawg
01-21-2014, 12:57 AM
It's been said before, but it bears repeating: Stands caught lightning in a bottle from 02-04. He got high character, hard working signees in Z, Timmy B, Winsome, Ontario, and Vincent. Then he got the 2 greatest gifts of all time in Roberts & Power.

The fact he couldn't make an NCAA Tourney, much less the Sweet 16, with a team that had Bost, Stewart, Varnado, Ravern, and August speaks volumes.

Saltydog
01-21-2014, 07:32 AM
would help this team tremendously.....We're severely lacking in this area........BTW, anyone know where Shaun Smith ended up?

Bo Darville
01-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Bost is not an MSU top 20. Maybe the bottom 20. The guy did more to poison the program than anyone. An absolute cancer. I don't understand the love for him. I would love to ban him from campus. The stories I could tell. Don't ever put him in the same category as Varnado. Jarvis gave MSU his best and I'm proud we had him.

Johnson85
01-21-2014, 09:07 AM
Not a signee.

What stuck out to me was that Stans had 3 of the top 20 greatest MSU players of all-time on the same team for almost 4 years (Stewart, Bost, Jarvis) coupled together with some average guys who sometimes played above their potential (Ravern, Augustus).

Huh???? Ravern and Augustus sometimes played above their potential? Ravern should have been head and shoulders above Stewart and Augustus should have been better. They never sniffed their potential, Ravern because he was a lazy piece of shit and Kodi because he was a head case, although he probably came much closer to playing to his potential.

Stewart on the other hand maximized his potential probably more than any other player I've seen at State.

Coach34
01-21-2014, 09:34 AM
There is no way in hell Rayyyvern touched a weight while he was at State. No way

BiscuitEater
01-21-2014, 09:43 AM
False. UT, Bama, Mizzou, also have higher W-L. LSU, Arky, aTm and Vandy might too.

In the SEC, Stans had a winning record over every SEC team except KY, FL & UT. He 'owned' OM & Vandy. Look it up.

BiscuitEater
01-21-2014, 10:07 AM
You can start with these:

Shaun Smith
Kristers Zeidaks

Wendell Lewis
Jalen Steele

Dre Applewhite - mid-year transfer

Also, Stans was the HC for 14 years ... name two of the 14 where he was down to eight scholarship players ready to play.

Coach34
01-21-2014, 10:23 AM

Shaun Smith
Kristers Zeidaks

Wendell Lewis
Jalen Steele

Also, Stans was the HC for 14 years ... name two of the 14 where he was down to eight scholarship players ready to play.

A) other than Applewhite- those are all Stands signees. 3 of the 4 left because of the extreme drug use that had permeated the program

B) Stands took over the program over the summer when it was too late for anybody to transfer out if they didnt want to play for him. He had also played a large part in recruiting the team he took over. They were expected to compete for an NCAA berth that season. The two situations arent even remotely similar

Cowbellringer
01-21-2014, 10:29 AM
I've seen a lot of bad posts in my days, but this is right at the top. You do realize that 4 of these 5 were signed by Stansbury, right? Ray, had to clean up Stansbury's shitstorm.

I rarely post, but the Stansbury apologists represent so much of what holds MSU back. I'm guessing you wanted Templeton to stay on a couple of more years and Raffo to be our baseball coach.

Guys, get over it. Stansbury had ample time to get program to where it needs to be and he failed. Simple as that. You hire/retain coaches based on future projections, not past performance. Stansbury had the program trending downward and it was time to move on.

Shaun Smith
Kristers Zeidaks

Wendell Lewis
Jalen Steele

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM

It's so important to trash our previous coach that you resort to making stuff up?

Big kudos to you for the incredible effort you've put into creating another obsolete thread. I think your landline is ringing, so I won't keep you.

BiscuitEater
01-21-2014, 10:36 AM
B) Stands took over the program over the summer when it was too late for anybody to transfer out if they didnt want to play for him. He had also played a large part in recruiting the team he took over. They were expected to compete for an NCAA berth that season. The two situations arent even remotely similar

Nice try at 'rewriting history' ... "On March 13, 1998, Stansbury became the Bulldogs' 18th head basketball coach, replacing his mentor ..." Look it up!

I do agree that the situations were different and Ray gets a 'pass' for last year's team. But, tell me 'why' we are again down to eight scholarship players for the second year in a row?

BeardoMSU
01-21-2014, 10:37 AM
Bost is not an MSU top 20. Maybe the bottom 20. The guy did more to poison the program than anyone. An absolute cancer. I don't understand the love for him. I would love to ban him from campus. The stories I could tell. Don't ever put him in the same category as Varnado. Jarvis gave MSU his best and I'm proud we had him.

I always see one or two guys say something like this. All I ever saw from Dee was him bust his ass every time he got on the court.

If you have some type of first hand knowledge that points otherwise, say it. All this: "the stories I could tell...I'm not gonna tell 'em, but I could....I could" is annoying.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine was a TA for a class with Dee (i think it was his freshman or sophomore year), and he said he wasn't too bright, but he came to class and was always respectful and a generally nice guy.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
01-21-2014, 10:46 AM
But, tell me 'why' we are again down to eight scholarship players for the second year in a row?

Wendell gets the boot
Jalen says he wants to redshirt this year, but is told we need him to play so he leaves
Applewhite transfers
Ndye (no idea at spelling there) can't play this year
Daniels can't play this year

There is how we only have 8. There is a gripe about the 2 signees not being able to play this year, and there may be a gripe about the Applewhite transfer. The two seniors left on their own (or because of their own behavior), and one of them was refusing to play this year so we would not have had him anyway.

I'm not happy about only having 8 scholly players again at the moment for the second straight year, but if we get the 2 past signees back next year in addition to the incoming signees, and end up as a bubble team next season, then I'm not going to bitch too much about Coach Ray having patience with the rebuild instead of sacrificing the long-term build so that our message board warriors can feel some instant gratification.

Coach34
01-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Nice try at 'rewriting history' ... "On March 13, 1998, Stansbury became the Bulldogs' 18th head basketball coach, replacing his mentor ..." Look it up!

I do agree that the situations were different and Ray gets a 'pass' for last year's team. But, tell me 'why' we are again down to eight scholarship players for the second year in a row?

I apologize for being incorrect on when he took over. Seemed like it was later than that for some reason, But that doesnt change that he had been recruiting the team he took over for 3 years

Why are we down to 8?

Daniels didnt graduate on time
The Nigerian didnt get NCAA clearance- just like Renardo Sidney didnt
Applewhite transferred
Lewis couldnt stop smoking weed
Steele didnt think he was completely healthy and wanted to redshirt- he refused to play this year

Anything else I can help you with?

BiscuitEater
01-21-2014, 10:56 AM
Guys, get over it. Stansbury had ample time to get program to where it needs to be and he failed. Simple as that. You hire/retain coaches based on future projections, not past performance. Stansbury had the program trending downward and it was time to move on.

But continually bringing up the 'negatives' without pointing what good Stansbury did is also NOT good for our program either. He left as the winningest basketball coach in MSU history and is currently #9 in ALL TIME SEC wins. He had a winning record against 8 of 11 SEC teams, every former west team, and he 'owned' OM.

So, why does Coach34 have a 'post a day' attacking Stans?

smootness
01-21-2014, 10:58 AM
Rarely are college basketball teams going to have 13 scholarship players either on the roster, or at least actively playing, in any given year. I would guess the average is somewhere around 10-11. Programs always have players transfer in/out, and they will redshirt guys here and there, lose them to injury, etc.

So the fact that we only have 8 is low, but on an average year I'd guess we'd only have a couple more. Ndoye and Daniels are on the team but not on the active roster, and I'd guess you'll generally have one or two in that boat. Applewhite transferred out - stinks but not an anomaly.

The reason we're sitting at 8 and not 10 right now is because of Lewis and Steele, and they would both definitely be helping us. It stinks they couldn't get it together and/or had their own opinions about when they should play, but it happened. They were both Stans guys, and I would guess that going forward, new signees will know what they're signing up for ahead of time and you'll see a lot less of that.

Next year, as of now, we look like we'll have 12. We may sign another, and I'd guess we'll have one or two off the active roster for at least a period of time, so at any given time, we'll probably have 10 or 11, which is about normal.

I like the fact that Ray didn't say, 'We have to have a team full of players who are playing right now, regardless of what happens in the future,' and bring in some guys that weren't really good long-term fits, even if it means we are still a little short on available players again this year.

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Rarely are college basketball teams going to have 13 scholarship players either on the roster, or at least actively playing, in any given year. I would guess the average is somewhere around 10-11. Programs always have players transfer in/out, and they will redshirt guys here and there, lose them to injury, etc.

So the fact that we only have 8 is low, but on an average year I'd guess we'd only have a couple more. Ndoye and Daniels are on the team but not on the active roster, and I'd guess you'll generally have one or two in that boat. Applewhite transferred out - stinks but not an anomaly.

The reason we're sitting at 8 and not 10 right now is because of Lewis and Steele, and they would both definitely be helping us. It stinks they couldn't get it together and/or had their own opinions about when they should play, but it happened. They were both Stans guys, and I would guess that going forward, new signees will know what they're signing up for ahead of time and you'll see a lot less of that.

Next year, as of now, we look like we'll have 12. We may sign another, and I'd guess we'll have one or two off the active roster for at least a period of time, so at any given time, we'll probably have 10 or 11, which is about normal.

I like the fact that Ray didn't say, 'We have to have a team full of players who are playing right now, regardless of what happens in the future,' and bring in some guys that weren't really good long-term fits, even if it means we are still a little short on available players again this year.

I agree. But I'm still amazed by the existance of this thread.

RougeDawg
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM

It's part of his daily therapy. Let him get it out of his system.

Btw, Stans did less with more his entire career. I believe Bob Knight even stated this on an interview or telecast.

Bo Darville
01-21-2014, 11:37 AM
I always see one or two guys say something like this. All I ever saw from Dee was him bust his ass every time he got on the court.

If you have some type of first hand knowledge that points otherwise, say it. All this: "the stories I could tell...I'm not gonna tell 'em, but I could....I could" is annoying.

For what it's worth, a friend of mine was a TA for a class with Dee (i think it was his freshman or sophomore year), and he said he wasn't too bright, but he came to class and was always respectful and a generally nice guy.

I would never repeat some of what I know about this situation on a message board. Let's not forget he was suspended 2 or 3 times.

BeardoMSU
01-21-2014, 11:45 AM
I only remember him being suspended once, and that was by the NCAA for being academically ineligible for the first part of his junior year.

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Not a signee.

What stuck out to me was that Stans had 3 of the top 20 greatest MSU players of all-time on the same team for almost 4 years (Stewart, Bost, Jarvis) coupled together with some average guys who sometimes played above their potential (Ravern, Augustus). He whiffed on A LOT of players but got really lucky with those 3 + transfers. They basically went out there and street-balled. Imagine if they hustled and had a game plan. And imagine if we had depth and guys weren't required to play the entirety of both halves. The drop-off was horrific.

This post implies a lot of simply untrue details. Where is the list of the top twenty players? When was the game plan ever to "street ball"? Assume has nothing to do with me in this case. It's just this part: Assu. Also, the implication that Stansbury had no success with those players is incorrect.

I don't see this kind of thing as being a good way to support Coach Ray and the MSU basketball team.

Bo Darville
01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
I only remember him being suspended once, and that was by the NCAA for being academically ineligible for the first part of his junior year.

Then you would be wrong. He was suspended for being academically ineligible. AFTER becoming eligible, he had to serve a separate 9 game suspension by the NCAA for failing to withdraw from the NBA draft by the due date. So that is 2 suspensions at a minimum.

BeardoMSU
01-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Well, I was referring to those suspensions at one suspension (since they were served consecutively), perhaps incorrectly; I am aware of that instance as well.

And actually I don't think he was suspended for his academics; he had to sit out, until he pulled his fullfilled his class obligations (whatever that may be). But regardless...

The point being, he was never suspended by Stans for his so-called "poison" to the program. Want to call him dumb for the draft snafu, thats fine. Call him dumb for not going to class the spring before the draft, thats fine too. But to call him poisonous to the program and to want to "ban him from campus" seems ridiculous - Unless you have some examples that point otherwise.....

Dawg61
01-21-2014, 12:20 PM
It's so important to trash our previous coach that you resort to making stuff up?

Big kudos to you for the incredible effort you've put into creating another obsolete thread. I think your landline is ringing, so I won't keep you.

98-99
MSU 20-13
Bama 17-15
UT 21-9
Mizz 20-9

99-00
MSU 14-16
Bama 13-16
UT 26-7
Mizz 18-13

00-01
MSU 18-13
Bama 25-11
UT 22-11
Mizz 20-13

01-02
MSU 27-8
Bama 27-8
UT 15-16
Mizz 24-12

02-03
MSU 21-10
Bama 17-12
UT 17-12
Mizz 22-11

03-04
MSU 26-4
Bama 20-13
UT 15-14
Mizz 16-14

04-05
MSU 23-11
Bama 24-8
UT 14-17
Mizz 16-17

05-06
MSU 15-15
Bama 18-13
UT 22-8
Mizz 12-16

06-07
MSU 21-14
Bama 20-12
UT 24-11
Mizz 18-12

07-08
MSU 23-11
Bama 17-16
UT 31-5
Mizz 16-16

08-09
MSU 23-13
Bama 18-14
UT 21-13
Mizz 31-7

09-10
MSU 24-12
Bama 17-15
UT 28-9
Mizz 23-11

10-11
MSU 17-14
Bama 25-12
UT 19-15
Mizz 23-11

11-12
MSU 21-12
Bama 21-12
UT 19-15
Mizz 30-5

Totals
MSU 293-164
Bama 279-177
UT 324-162
Mizz 289-167

Ok so I was wrong about Bama and Mizzou and right about Tennessee but this is just total W/L and we all know Stansbury made a career out of scheduling extremely weak OOC games simply to pad his W/L totals.

I was curious after doing those 4 what LSU, Arky, aTm and Vandy are at.

LSU 255-190
Arky 245-196
aTm 241-196
Vandy 275-174

Congratulations MSU and Rick Stansbury. Under your watch MSU had the 4th best W/L record for an SEC team only behind Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee. Unfortunately of the 7 other schools I compared MSU to only Arkansas and MSU have not reached atleast 1 sweet 16 in that timeframe. 5 years before Stansbury took over though Arkansas won the ****ing National Championship. Wins are nice but this is really the #1 reason Stansbury lost his job imo. He could not win in the NCAA tournament. Zero sweet 16s since RW banged the cheerleader and got fired. Rick Ray will get his shot but the clock is ticking and tournament appearances are a must be included event starting real soon for him.

Coach34
01-21-2014, 12:40 PM

Whoa whoa- so talking about missing out on Johnny O during recruiting is "attacking Stands"?

I think we see our problem right here. You Stands Lovers are so entrenched with making him Jesus-like that he or his tenure cant ever be discussed.
Is talking about Jackie not getting Keyshawn Johnson to State attacking Jackie?

PMDawg
01-21-2014, 01:02 PM
I just don't understand why we are talking about stansbury at all. He hasn't been our coach for two years. So what's the point? Fact is both sides are partially right. stansbury did a good enough job with our program for a long time. He deserves some credit for that. Some people can't get past their own egos and admit that however. Had he won as few as 5 more games over his 14 year career, he may still be here. On the other hand, just like Jackie, he let the program get away from him in the end and he had to go. He let too much happen in the name of winning and paid the price. So, let's move on. Rick ray is the coach now. I've seen a lot of positives, but some warning signs as well. We will see how he pans out, but either way Stans had to go. Rebuilding sucks. Always will. Who among us doesn't miss what we had from the mid 90s until the mid 2000's? But still, Stan's had to go. Let's thank him for his service and move on.

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
98-99
MSU 20-13
Bama 17-15
UT 21-9
Mizz 20-9

99-00
MSU 14-16
Bama 13-16
UT 26-7
Mizz 18-13

00-01
MSU 18-13
Bama 25-11
UT 22-11
Mizz 20-13

01-02
MSU 27-8
Bama 27-8
UT 15-16
Mizz 24-12

02-03
MSU 21-10
Bama 17-12
UT 17-12
Mizz 22-11

03-04
MSU 26-4
Bama 20-13
UT 15-14
Mizz 16-14

04-05
MSU 23-11
Bama 24-8
UT 14-17
Mizz 16-17

05-06
MSU 15-15
Bama 18-13
UT 22-8
Mizz 12-16

06-07
MSU 21-14
Bama 20-12
UT 24-11
Mizz 18-12

07-08
MSU 23-11
Bama 17-16
UT 31-5
Mizz 16-16

08-09
MSU 23-13
Bama 18-14
UT 21-13
Mizz 31-7

09-10
MSU 24-12
Bama 17-15
UT 28-9
Mizz 23-11

10-11
MSU 17-14
Bama 25-12
UT 19-15
Mizz 23-11

11-12
MSU 21-12
Bama 21-12
UT 19-15
Mizz 30-5

Totals
MSU 293-164
Bama 279-177
UT 324-162
Mizz 289-167

Ok so I was wrong about Bama and Mizzou and right about Tennessee but this is just total W/L and we all know Stansbury made a career out of scheduling extremely weak OOC games simply to pad his W/L totals.

I was curious after doing those 4 what LSU, Arky, aTm and Vandy are at.

LSU 255-190
Arky 245-196
aTm 241-196
Vandy 275-174

Congratulations MSU and Rick Stansbury. Under your watch MSU had the 4th best W/L record for an SEC team only behind Kentucky, Florida and Tennessee. Unfortunately of the 7 other schools I compared MSU to only Arkansas and MSU have not reached atleast 1 sweet 16 in that timeframe. 5 years before Stansbury took over though Arkansas won the ****ing National Championship. Wins are nice but this is really the #1 reason Stansbury lost his job imo. He could not win in the NCAA tournament. Zero sweet 16s since RW banged the cheerleader and got fired. Rick Ray will get his shot but the clock is ticking and tournament appearances are a must be included event starting real soon for him.

So do the wins and losses matter or not? I'm not sure what you're saying. I think that if you just went with conference games that Stans would look even better. As it is, he is as we all knew already in the top portion of the SEC. Mizzou wasn't even in our conference for most of those years, so I'm not sure why you've included them. I'm confused. Maybe it's just that I didn't realize we had a history test today. Long weekend and all. Can I take it later?

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 01:08 PM
I just don't understand why we are talking about stansbury at all. He hasn't been our coach for two years. So what's the point? Fact is both sides are partially right. stansbury did a good enough job with our program for a long time. He deserves some credit for that. Some people can't get past their own egos and admit that however. Had he won as few as 5 more games over his 14 year career, he may still be here. On the other hand, just like Jackie, he let the program get away from him in the end and he had to go. He let too much happen in the name of winning and paid the price. So, let's move on. Rick ray is the coach now. I've seen a lot of positives, but some warning signs as well. We will see how he pans out, but either way Stans had to go. Rebuilding sucks. Always will. Who among us doesn't miss what we had from the mid 90s until the mid 2000's? But still, Stan's had to go. Let's thank him for his service and move on.

Great, leve-headed post. Therefore, it has an excellent chance of being totally ignored.

Bo Darville
01-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Well, I was referring to those suspensions at one suspension (since they were served consecutively), perhaps incorrectly; I am aware of that instance as well.

And actually I don't think he was suspended for his academics; he had to sit out, until he pulled his fullfilled his class obligations (whatever that may be). But regardless...

The point being, he was never suspended by Stans for his so-called "poison" to the program. Want to call him dumb for the draft snafu, thats fine. Call him dumb for not going to class the spring before the draft, thats fine too. But to call him poisonous to the program and to want to "ban him from campus" seems ridiculous - Unless you have some examples that point otherwise.....

You make a good point. Technically maybe it was ineligibility rather than suspension, but he let down the team either way.

I agree he was never suspended by Stans for being poison. That is one of the big reasons Stans doesn't have a job anymore. He let the inmates run the prison. I could cite specific examples, but to do so in a public forum would be extremely detrimental to my university.

drunkernhelldawg
01-21-2014, 01:31 PM
Whoa whoa- so talking about missing out on Johnny O during recruiting is "attacking Stands"?

I think we see our problem right here. You Stands Lovers are so entrenched with making him Jesus-like that he or his tenure cant ever be discussed.
Is talking about Jackie not getting Keyshawn Johnson to State attacking Jackie?

My issue with the Jonny O thread is that it arrived out of the blue. What made it important two days ago? I understand that Ray is our coach and I support him without reservation. I just don't get why it's critical to blame Stans for not getting Johnny O into Maroon and White. Enlighten me.
I admit I liked Stans in many ways, but your idea that it's somehow important to me is ridiculous. If people keep putting out half truths and misinformation about MSU basketball, I will correct it as far as I am able. But I'm not going to be the one to bring it up. I'm more interested in our next ballgame.
And that's another point you might want to consder; people don't generally give a shit about yesterday. They're a lot more interested in today and tomorrow.

chef dixon
01-21-2014, 01:55 PM

This post took the exact words out of my mouth.

Dawg61
01-21-2014, 02:25 PM
SEC W/L
MSU 119-93
Bama 117-95
UT 134-78
UF 149-63
UK 166-47

I did this because it needs to be a known answer not just something people speculate about. The SEC pecking order while Stansbury was the coach was 1. Kentucky 2. Florida 3. Tennessee 4. MSU 5. Bama. Same order as the overall W/L excluding Mizzou.

Dawg61
01-21-2014, 02:28 PM
My issue with the Jonny O thread is that it arrived out of the blue. What made it important two days ago? I understand that Ray is our coach and I support him without reservation. I just don't get why it's critical to blame Stans for not getting Johnny O into Maroon and White. Enlighten me.
I admit I liked Stans in many ways, but your idea that it's somehow important to me is ridiculous. If people keep putting out half truths and misinformation about MSU basketball, I will correct it as far as I am able. But I'm not going to be the one to bring it up. I'm more interested in our next ballgame.
And that's another point you might want to consder; people don't generally give a shit about yesterday. They're a lot more interested in today and tomorrow.

Johnny O post was made while LSU was playing on ESPN. Turn on your tv every once in awhile.