PDA

View Full Version : 2016 baseball prospect Justin Skeesick at Bulldog baseball camp today

Coach34
01-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Utility Infielder from Shreveport- made All-District and honorable mention All-State as a 9th grader last year. Ole Miss is on his ass pretty hard- he was at their camp- then drove over to attend ours also.

Any other names leaking out that are on campus today?

bully99
01-20-2014, 03:59 PM
Saw Skeesick profile on Perfect Game. They list State, OM ,LSU, USCE. Kind of a chuncky guy. Saw on his twitter account a photo of Swayze Field he took yesterday with the quote "picture says it all "and a heart behind it. Be interesting if he says anything about his trip to Starkville.

AlSwearengen
01-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Saw Skeesick profile on Perfect Game. They list State, OM ,LSU, USCE. Kind of a chuncky guy. Saw on his twitter account a photo of Swayze Field he took yesterday with the quote "picture says it all "and a heart behind it. Be interesting if he says anything about his trip to Starkville.

Would be nice to have that nice new shiny ballpark today.

bully99
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Or 6 national title banners hanging in our stadium like the school down South .

MsStateBaseball
01-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Remember what Cohen said? Looking for speed and hitters that scare you. Does he?

Coach34
01-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Remember what Cohen said? Looking for speed and hitters that scare you. Does he?

He came the closest to hitting one out today and opened some eyes. He is not chunky- he's just a big boy that is starting to mature. He even played some 2nd base last year. He batted over .400 last year as a 9th grader in 5A. He plays at arguably the best program in north Louisiana

He played summer ball with the PG Mariucci crew. bianco's son was on the same team- so that's why you see the early OM interest. They have been in his ear since last summer. We have an "in" though if interested- my wife and his Mom have been friends 15 years and worked together for 10.

Tough Dawg
01-20-2014, 05:33 PM
I'll mention one that was there. Luke Hancock from Houston, MS. I believe he's either an 8th or 9th grader, not sure on that though. Very talented kid. Plays catcher right now and one of the best hitters I've ever seen at his age. Bats left handed. Plays on a summer team with Bianco's son and comes from an Ole Miss family.

You'll hear his name again.

MsStateBaseball
01-20-2014, 05:34 PM
I just have this feeling that spots are going to be hard to come by. You better be good. Recruiting CA hard too. Lots of competition.

Coach34
01-20-2014, 05:41 PM
I just have this feeling that spots are going to be hard to come by. You better be good.

Oh I know- and that's why I brought him up. Hitting .400 in 5A as a 9th grader is pretty damn good. Burroughs has already offered him of course. LSU and OM are very interested as well. He is going to be an SEC baseball player

bully99
01-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Coach when I said chuncky I was just looking at his pg profile.

Msbaseball,is State still recruiting Seth Beer 2016 out of Georgia.

One thing that is so much different in college baseball today than in Polk 's heyday is so many more good programs than back then. Recruiting is much more competitive.

MsStateBaseball
01-20-2014, 06:12 PM
Yes, we are on Seth Beer. I think he has already visited too.

Poopfinger
01-20-2014, 06:25 PM
I live in Houston and I know Luke Hancock very well. He's an eighth grader and he'll be starting for the high school this year. He's an incredible talent. He hits for power and average and is a great catcher. He has a pop time under 2 seconds, I believe it's 1.88 which is phenomenal for his age. He's a well mannered kid. Bianco has been recruiting him for a couple of years bc he plays ball with his son. He's always buying him food and OM gear and stuff. If he keeps progressing the way he is, I don't know if he'll ever go to college

Will James
01-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Yes, we are on Seth Beer. I think he has already visited too.

I want this kid just for the drinking games that will occur in the outfield.

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Skeesick looks like he is going to grow into his body. He'll probably end up being 6'3" or so by the time he is a senior.

The thing about Bianco and all these players- there's a good chance this is Bianco's last season. Even if they make a regional, he could be gone. From what I understand, he was pretty close to being gone after last year.

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
I want this kid just for the drinking games that will occur in the outfield.

One of those drinking games might be for how many he hits into the LFL.

bully99
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
So Todd you think State has a good chance to get Beer. If Bianco is gone who would replace him.

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 07:54 PM
So Todd you think State has a good chance to get Beer. If Bianco is gone who would replace him.

Last I heard it's between MSU and LSU. I'd say we have about a 50% chace of getting a commitment- but then we're going to have to deal with the draft.

Ole Miss fans want McDonnell. Until he actually gets fired, I have no idea who they are going to replace him with.

AlSwearengen
01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
Last I heard it's between MSU and LSU. I'd say we have about a 50% chace of getting a commitment- but then we're going to have to deal with the draft.

Ole Miss fans want McDonnell. Until he actually gets fired, I have no idea who they are going to replace him with.

Yeah, McDonnell is to Bianco what Hudspeth is to Mullen, only to a greater degree. Bianco is the typical olemiss coach, his recruiting is better than his on field success. I think it only took McDonnell one year at louisville and he had already taken a team further than Bianco has and ever since then, the rebels have been lusting after him.

MsStateBaseball
01-20-2014, 08:09 PM
Beer is a long shot BC of MLB. But good to get that bump from his commitment. I predict Bianco is gone. I have friends who go to each game, they just don't like him. His window is gone. OM won't host a regional.

messageboardsuperhero
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM

It would take a lot for McDonnell to leave Louisville- he has a CWS-level program that he built himself, along with a great AD who supports the program and gave McDonnell his first chance. Plus Louisville is moving to the ACC next year, which is a great baseball conference. Also, supposedly he and Bianco are still close, so he'd be going to work for the school that just fired one of his good friends.

Crazier things have happened, but the UM fans I know say that McDonnell would "crawl back to Oxford." That's just delusional, IMO.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't totally shock me to see McDonnell going back to UM- but it's not a sure thing like they seem to think.