PDA

View Full Version : Favorite vacation place

faruk1
01-20-2014, 04:20 AM
What is your favorite vacation place: Hill or Sea?

BeastMan
01-20-2014, 09:40 AM
I like sea. Can't beat the beach with some cold beers.

Goat Holder
01-20-2014, 11:31 AM
I've lived in both type environments. I like living in the hills and vacationing in the sea. I don't like to have to do shit on vacation, beaches are great for that.

Political Hack
01-22-2014, 08:05 PM
Grayton beach is almost a yearly trip now. 30A is so overcrowded now though it's becoming less attractive.

We went to the OBX last summer. Stayed in Ocracoke. I would never stay anywhere else if we ever return. it was AWESOME. Also where Blackbeard was killed.

Bothrops
01-22-2014, 11:33 PM
Santa Barbara, hills and sea. Magnificent

Martianlander
01-23-2014, 09:06 AM
If you like the beach Gulf Shores/Orange Beach is close by and very nice. Have to put in a word for Disney World. Might not be everybody's cup of tea, but to me it's great fun.

BogeyGolfer
01-26-2014, 09:08 PM
I like the beach as well, anything else is work to me ... Nothing like hanging out on beach drinking cold beer and mixing in a couple if days of golf during the week... We used go to Destin but it's way too crowded now so we've started going to Pensacola Beach but the last couple of years it's getting just as bad ... Not sure where we will try next, I've heard Mexico Beach is nice...

JiggleBilly
02-12-2014, 11:13 PM
The sea.. Always.

Esmerelda Villalobos
02-12-2014, 11:20 PM
What is your favorite vacation place: Hill or Sea?

Telluride, Vail, Switzerland, NYC, Thailand and anywhere tropical.

Will James
02-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Boston

Elements of sea with the Cape. Catch a Sox game, some Cape Summer League games, cool Atlantic water, better crowd than the goons on the Gulf Coast.

MS_half-step
02-13-2014, 10:05 AM
Mountains definitely, nothing like taking a swim in a cold mtn stream on a hot day. Good for the soul. A few good. beers and some hippie lettuce around a campfire - can't beat it.

I have camped a couple nights on Ocracoke and agree with PHack its a cool island.

Worked with a guy in Atl that was from Port St. Joe/Mexico beach and he always raved about it.

Political Hack
02-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Mountains definitely, nothing like taking a swim in a cold mtn stream on a hot day. Good for the soul. A few good. beers and some hippie lettuce around a campfire - can't beat it.

I have camped a couple nights on Ocracoke and agree with PHack its a cool island.

Worked with a guy in Atl that was from Port St. Joe/Mexico beach and he always raved about it.

Ocracoke is one if the coolest places I've ever been. Absolutely fell in love with it.