PDA

View Full Version : Todd4State post visit recruiting thoughts

Todd4State
01-20-2014, 12:21 AM
QB- Staley and Fitzgerald is in school. We're done here unless Peyton Manning wants to go to vet school after the Super Bowl.

RB- Aeries Williams, Dontavian Lee. Looks like we're done here. We have the Mississippi POY and a guy that can play RB/FB/H-back/LB. Nicely done.

WR- Jesse Jackson, Jamoral Graham. We have two Dandy Dozen WR's and unquestionably two of the top three WR's in the state including the best slot guy, which is the marquee position in Dan's offense.

TE- Darrion Hutcherson. Very nice pick-up from our AAA affiliate at Co-Lin. People are going to wonder where the heck this guy came from next season. Looks like we're done here now. I can't wait to see how Dan uses this guy.

OL- Rawlings, Jordan Harris, Deion Calhoun, Jocquell Johnson. I like what we are doing here, as I believe that you should get five o-linemen in every class because they are so hard to predict as far as development. Rawlings can play most any position. Calhoun is probably a guard, and some "experts" think that Harris is a tackle. I think we add Jervontius Stallings and we'll see what happens with Jordan Sims. We should know more once he takes his visits. Johnson will compete this spring for the RT spot, but much like Coach34, I have a feeling that Justin Malone ultimately wins that job.

DL- Will Coleman, Braxton Hoyett. This is the interesting position group for this year. I think we get Grant Harris when it's all said and done- even if he commits on NSD. Contrary to popular belief among the "experts" at scout.com. Cory Thomas we may flip, and then there's Taylor Stallworth who is committed to South Carolina. If we flip one of them, I would be ecstatic. I also wouldn't be shocked if they don't flip though. Marcus Griffin is from Seattle and would be a great pick-up. It's just a question of if he's OK with being a 6 hour flight away from home. And then there's Devaroe Lawrence the mystery recruit who is committed to Auburn. I'm thinking we end up with two guys out of this group- one being Harris and then I'm going to go out on a limb and say we get Marcus Griffin.

LB- Gerri Green, Deshon Cooper. We're getting a Dandy Dozen in Green who Ole Miss wants pretty bad and then Cooper has good measureables. Pretty much our receipe for success at this position. We also have a couple of guys that could also potentially play LB, so we're likely done here unless we somehow have room for Shareef White, which I would love to see happen, but is not likely.

DB- Brandon Bryant, Lashard Durr, and Chris Rayford. These are your sterotypical MSU recruits- and I mean that in a good way. They have good size, athleticism, and are overlooked. And in about three years, people will wonder where we got these guys from. Bryant is coveted by Ole Miss and he could be a CB or a S. Durr is a CB and then Rayford is a very physical safety who is also highly intelligent and can run. He may move to LB as well.

K- Logan Cooke. He's probably our punter of the future. We're done here.

CadaverDawg
01-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Good stuff, Todd.

If we could add Cory Thomas and Jordan Sims to our current commit list, it would be a great class IMO. I feel like we hit the jackpot on the skill guys. And I like to call DB's skill guys as well. Staley, Fitz, Williams, Lee, Graham, Jackson, Bryant, Durr, Rayford. That's some serious skill. Then I look at the physical guys, and I think we have a solid group, but not quite a "great" group. Add Thomas, Harris, Stallings, Sims...and I feel this good class turns to a great one. Not "great" from a star rating perspective, but great from a MSU recruiting perspective.

Dallas_Dawg
01-20-2014, 02:05 AM
So I guess Logan Cooke is not a field goal kicker? I was really hoping we could find another kicker to throw into the mix for next year

SDDawg
01-20-2014, 02:30 AM
So I guess Logan Cooke is not a field goal kicker? I was really hoping we could find another kicker to throw into the mix for next year

He is both, expected to compete for FG kicking duties as well.

quickstrike2
01-20-2014, 09:19 AM
He is both, expected to compete for FG kicking duties as well.

He is a very good punt and kickoff guy. Field goals is not his specialty. He can kick them, but i would be surprised if he was our field goal kicker.

yakalot
01-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Here is a quote from Jeff Rawlings, Sean's dad, from 247.

"We took a break after lunch at cdm's house. Then toured the locker room where the guys took lots of pictures. Recruits mixed with the team. Dak, Chris Jones, Justin Malone, too many to name. All there to help recruit. That was a lot of fun. Then we went out on the field and watched a video of season highlights. Had a great meal at the veranda sat night, ate breakfast with the coaches today and met with cdm one last time. Weekend could not have gone any better for MSU and the recruits. A home run.
P.S. This dak led team (he is a natural leader and has to be the worlds most interesting qb) is going to be very very special next year. Very.
Jordan Sims is a BIG dude. And a super kid."

Sounds good to me.

FISHDAWG
01-20-2014, 09:31 AM
has he actually committed ?

msstate7
01-20-2014, 09:32 AM

"We took a break after lunch at cdm's house. Then toured the locker room where the guys took lots of pictures. Recruits mixed with the team. Dak, Chris Jones, Justin Malone, too many to name. All there to help recruit. That was a lot of fun. Then we went out on the field and watched a video of season highlights. Had a great meal at the veranda sat night, ate breakfast with the coaches today and met with cdm one last time. Weekend could not have gone any better for MSU and the recruits. A home run.
P.S. This dak led team (he is a natural leader and has to be the worlds most interesting qb) is going to be very very special next year. Very.

Sounds good to me.

Mr Rawlings seems to be sold. Really like hearing parents liking what they see esp when you consider the nothing but party atmosphere at OM.

defiantdog
01-20-2014, 10:00 AM
Looks like we are really reaching for d-linemen in this class. Don't be surprised if we have another surprise DL for this weekend.

Joe Schmedlap
01-20-2014, 11:48 AM
So who the hell is going to kick field goals and PAT's? Inexcusable to have the CF that was our field goal kicking this year. Deplorable.

FISHDAWG
01-20-2014, 11:52 AM
So who the hell is going to kick field goals and PAT's? Inexcusable to have the CF that was our field goal kicking this year.
Deplorable.

actually, we have a place kicker who is 100 % to date on FG's ....... guys name is Earhart ... kicked last FG of Liberty Bowl and proceeded to kick-off after that

blacklistedbully
01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
actually, we have a place kicker who is 100 % to date on FG's ....... guys name is Earhart ... kicked last FG of Liberty Bowl and proceeded to kick-off after that

I believe he was a senior. That's what they were saying in the broadcast. Said it was a class-act to let the senior playing in his last game get the chance to contribute.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
He was a senior walk-on I believe.

I believe he was a senior. That's what they were saying in the broadcast. Said it was a class-act to let the senior playing in his last game get the chance to contribute.

mic
01-20-2014, 11:56 AM
If we keep everyone we have now. Which I think we will..
Im guessing we finish with

Cory Thomas.
Grant Harris
Jervontius Stallings
and JT Gray.. I just don't think we can pass on him if he wants to come.(unless we get 3 DL)
I also think we have a surprise walk on. Marcus Green or Shareef White

blacklistedbully
01-20-2014, 12:05 PM

Sounds good to me.

This has got to sting for a bunch of Ole Miss recruitniks. One of their own singing the praises of MSU, dispelling the myth they try so hard to perpetuate about our facilities, coaching staff, etc.

I applaud Sean's dad for putting his son's best interests ahead of his own. I'd do the same for any school, even Ole Miss if they were treating my child with respect, showing a real desire to have them in their program, and showed us an environment that fosters tenents of hard-work, high character and personal development.

Even if Sean were to flip to the Bears eventually, it's been great to have his dad be so up-front and honest, and supportive of his son. It's a great day to be a Mississippi State Bulldog!

FISHDAWG
01-20-2014, 12:20 PM
so who is this guy ? ...... I'm assuming Will Coleman but haven't heard much about him

Tweets
LaDaja Dunn ‏@LaDajaDunn 1h
"@WillColetjc: Second home visit today, Ready to meet My future head coach @CoachDanMullen. #Hail state " you go boy!

Westdawg
01-20-2014, 12:21 PM
i honestly think we whiff on Cory Thomas. Think if it was solely his decision, then he would have been a solid commit already. Believe there are others who wanted him to either go through the process or "go through the process".
I feel that is why there are several guys that are being brought in these last two weekends that are either not being discussed (kept quiet) or that we did not know were coming because they were last minute kind of deals

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Is rawlings visiting ole miss this weekend?

Covercorner2
01-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Bears say Rawlings, Green and Bryant are visiting this weekend fwiw..

Ifyouonlyknew
01-20-2014, 12:39 PM
Green has never mentioned visiting OM if he visits anywhere it would be Auburn. Bryant said he's not visiting anywhere last week & reinforced it yesterday. Now Rawlings said he wasn't visiting OM either but if they offer he may visit.

msstate7
01-20-2014, 12:42 PM

Geez...I hope this is incorrect. Chris jones' visit to OM took a few days off my life. Really don't wanna relive that again. If they do, I'm not (hopefully) visiting the message boards till Monday.

smootness
01-20-2014, 12:56 PM
Geez...I hope this is incorrect. Chris jones' visit to OM took a few days off my life. Really don't wanna relive that again. If they do, I'm not (hopefully) visiting the message boards till Monday.

Don't buy into it. Green, Bryant, and Rawlings have all said very recently that they are not visiting Ole Miss. So unless Ole Miss just spoke with them all and got a different answer somehow, then Covercorner is either giving old information or Ole Miss people are just trolling.

In other words, don't worry.

justwin
01-20-2014, 02:07 PM
First & foremost, Staley is far and away the gem of this class. He's going to be kaepernick/scam type of player. IRecruiting is all about the qb and he may be the most talented incoming sec qb in the leaguIe.

Second, If you thought the browns were good @ lb, wait to see what a RS year does for cooper & green. Both are bigger, more athletic than the browns 2 years ago.

Third, we need fg kicker who is automatic within 42 yards.

Going into 2015, this class will be so much better than tsun.

QB- Staley and Fitzgerald is in school. We're done here unless Peyton Manning wants to go to vet school after the Super Bowl.

RB- Aeries Williams, Dontavian Lee. Looks like we're done here. We have the Mississippi POY and a guy that can play RB/FB/H-back/LB. Nicely done.

WR- Jesse Jackson, Jamoral Graham. We have two Dandy Dozen WR's and unquestionably two of the top three WR's in the state including the best slot guy, which is the marquee position in Dan's offense.

TE- Darrion Hutcherson. Very nice pick-up from our AAA affiliate at Co-Lin. People are going to wonder where the heck this guy came from next season. Looks like we're done here now. I can't wait to see how Dan uses this guy.

OL- Rawlings, Jordan Harris, Deion Calhoun, Jocquell Johnson. I like what we are doing here, as I believe that you should get five o-linemen in every class because they are so hard to predict as far as development. Rawlings can play most any position. Calhoun is probably a guard, and some "experts" think that Harris is a tackle. I think we add Jervontius Stallings and we'll see what happens with Jordan Sims. We should know more once he takes his visits. Johnson will compete this spring for the RT spot, but much like Coach34, I have a feeling that Justin Malone ultimately wins that job.

DL- Will Coleman, Braxton Hoyett. This is the interesting position group for this year. I think we get Grant Harris when it's all said and done- even if he commits on NSD. Contrary to popular belief among the "experts" at scout.com. Cory Thomas we may flip, and then there's Taylor Stallworth who is committed to South Carolina. If we flip one of them, I would be ecstatic. I also wouldn't be shocked if they don't flip though. Marcus Griffin is from Seattle and would be a great pick-up. It's just a question of if he's OK with being a 6 hour flight away from home. And then there's Devaroe Lawrence the mystery recruit who is committed to Auburn. I'm thinking we end up with two guys out of this group- one being Harris and then I'm going to go out on a limb and say we get Marcus Griffin.

LB- Gerri Green, Deshon Cooper. We're getting a Dandy Dozen in Green who Ole Miss wants pretty bad and then Cooper has good measureables. Pretty much our receipe for success at this position. We also have a couple of guys that could also potentially play LB, so we're likely done here unless we somehow have room for Shareef White, which I would love to see happen, but is not likely.

DB- Brandon Bryant, Lashard Durr, and Chris Rayford. These are your sterotypical MSU recruits- and I mean that in a good way. They have good size, athleticism, and are overlooked. And in about three years, people will wonder where we got these guys from. Bryant is coveted by Ole Miss and he could be a CB or a S. Durr is a CB and then Rayford is a very physical safety who is also highly intelligent and can run. He may move to LB as well.

K- Logan Cooke. He's probably our punter of the future. We're done here.

HancockCountyDog
01-20-2014, 03:33 PM

Rawlings may visit and Green may visit AU, but Bryant isn't visiting the bears.

HancockCountyDog
01-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Also Rawlings doesn't have an offer still from the bears, and I'll be surprised if he visits without one.

Bottom line, all three of those guys will be on MSU's big board on signing day.

mic
01-20-2014, 04:48 PM

Just little FWI they have guys that were suppose to be visiting backing out now.. Its turning out to be a weekend where basically everyone that is visting them is already committed ...