PDA

View Full Version : Pete Carroll

msstate7
01-19-2014, 09:56 PM
With a Super Bowl win, where does he rank among active coaches? He'd have 2 national championships (1 more appearance in championship) at USC where he turned them around and 1 Super Bowl at Seattle where he has turned them around.

I have him at the top of my list. Really like him as a coach...

MarketingBully01
01-19-2014, 09:57 PM
Very likable guy as well.

Todd4State
01-19-2014, 10:04 PM
It goes to show that to win in the NFL, you have to have talent- and that's what really makes you a "good" coach.

Before he went to Seattle, a lot of people would have considered him a college only guy that couldn't win in the NFL.

I seen it dawg
01-19-2014, 10:10 PM
It goes to show that to win in the NFL, you have to have talent- and that's what really makes you a "good" coach.

Before he went to Seattle, a lot of people would have considered him a college only guy that couldn't win in the NFL.

Spot on. He sucked ass his first time around. He goes to USC and buys a ton of talent and then he can coach. Seattle has arguably the most talented roster by far in the league. Makes him a great coach. If he had the Raiders roster he would be sitting where Dennis Allen is, home.

msstate7
01-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Spot on. He sucked ass his first time around. He goes to USC and buys a ton of talent and then he can coach. Seattle has arguably the most talented roster by far in the league. Makes him a great coach. If he had the Raiders roster he would be sitting where Dennis Allen is, home.

Building a roster is part of coaching.

Perhaps Carroll got to be better coach with experience.

USC was 6-6 the year before Carroll took over. Carroll was 96-19 the next 9 years with 2 titles (1 more appearance)

Seattle was 4-12 and 5-11 the 2 seasons before Carroll. Carroll had them in playoffs his first season. His record at Seattle is 38-26 and now 4-3 in playoffs (3 outta 4 years)

SDDawg
01-19-2014, 10:29 PM
I think he's a crook personally, seems like a nice enough guy but he's dirty. USC bought all of their great players and Seattle has major PEDs issues, I'm not a huge fan really. I think that the best of the Mannings will hoist another Lombardi Trophy in two weeks.

Will James
01-19-2014, 10:35 PM
He's got talent but people play their asses off for him. The contrast between him and Harbaugh is greater than any two coaches in the league. What is it that he does to get that level of play from the team? Us against the world mentality?

smootness
01-19-2014, 10:39 PM
He definitely did not suck his first time around in the NFL. Yes, he went 6-10 in his one year in NY but then went 27-21 in New England, including 2 trips to the playoffs in 3 years. It's a huge myth that he was awful in the NFL initially.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but he can definitely coach.

SPMT
01-19-2014, 10:52 PM

That's horseshit. Seattle was garbage before he got there. He has been instrumental in building this team. He drafted Earl Thomas, Sherman, KJ, Chancellor, dealt for Lynch, Willson.

You have to have talent to win in big time sports................duh! That's the stupidest argument. See Phil Jackson and MJ / Kobe, Bill Walsh and Montana / Rice.......Detroit has as much talent as Seattle but they can't do shit. The Niners have more talent and they are going home.

A shitty coach with a midget qb doesn't get to the Super Bowl.

SPMT
01-19-2014, 10:53 PM
He definitely did not suck his first time around in the NFL. Yes, he went 6-10 in his one year in NY but then went 27-21 in New England, including 2 trips to the playoffs in 3 years. It's a huge myth that he was awful in the NFL initially.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but he can definitely coach.

This ^^^^^

Great coach!

I would love to play for that guy.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 10:56 PM

Disagree. Everyone has talent in the NFL.

drunkernhelldawg
01-20-2014, 05:22 AM

Disagree. You may not like his personality, but I agree with Goat and SPM

FlabLoser
01-20-2014, 07:53 AM

Russell last name Wilson is only an average QB in a QB league. It takes coaching and defense to win with that.

Eli Manning is only an average NFL QB. But he is a Super Bowl MVP because of coaching and a great defense. He got that MVP when his team's defense shut down Tom Brady and Randy Moss in what many said was the best offense ever assembled. But Tyre makes one circus catch and then Eli got all the glory.