PDA

View Full Version : So, in the defense trumps offense debate....

gravedigger
01-19-2014, 09:29 PM
what say you on the superbowl?

If EITHER of these teams, SF or Seattle were playing in the superbowl tonight, would Denver be able to score?

I think Denver would win and that is against all I think has been proven over the years. Tonight the shittier offense loses. And Seattle is having the most trouble.

I hate that too. I think that defense does win championships.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2014, 09:33 PM
I think the NFC wins this year. If Russell Wilson and Kaepernick can't avoid this pressure...Manning will be doing the "manning duck and cringe" all night.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 09:34 PM
Peyton is going to show these new school guys how to properly play QB at the professional level.

msstate7
01-19-2014, 09:34 PM
The winner of this game will win the Super Bowl. Just think both these teams are better than Denver. Also think it's karma that Denver makes it to Super Bowl to lose to a qb that's mobile and runs the zone read like tebow (granted both these qb's are better than tebow). I hope this happens anyway...

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Zone read stuff will be short lived. A pro style is what works over time at the professional level, thus the name. The talent is similar, do at that point it becomes about who is most cerebral.

msstate7
01-19-2014, 11:07 PM
Zone read stuff will be short lived. A pro style is what works over time at the professional level, thus the name. The talent is similar, do at that point it becomes about who is most cerebral.

I somewhat agree that the zone read will pass over time, but I don't think mobile qb's are going anywhere. It's much easier to find a dual threat qb that can help you win than a Peyton/Brady type.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 11:21 PM
I somewhat agree that the zone read will pass over time, but I don't think mobile qb's are going anywhere. It's much easier to find a dual threat qb that can help you win than a Peyton/Brady type.

Unfortunately I agree. I think it takes away from the game in the NFL. It's great in college though.

SDDawg
01-19-2014, 11:24 PM
I think Manning rolls. He is a master at confusing defenses, Seattle is very physical but I don't think they can stop the Broncos that we saw roll over the Pats in the first half today. The game will be tighter, but Broncos win.

Coach34
01-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Manning will be fine- he puts pressure on a defense that Wilson and Kap cant from a throwing standpoint.

I think it's going to be a good one- but I lean Seattle because of their physicality and it should be cold in NY

dawgs
01-20-2014, 12:05 AM
Forward pass stuff will be short lived. A wishbone triple option is what works over time at the professional level.

West coast offense stuff will be short lived. A run first to set up play action pass is what works over time at the professional level.

People always say the new thing will never stick around, 20 years later every team incorporates elements of it into their offense.