PDA

View Full Version : It's official- Hutcherson commits

Coach34
01-19-2014, 04:49 PM
per Rosebowl- Darrion Hutcherson has committed to Mississippi State, officially

BeastMan
01-19-2014, 04:52 PM
Great get. Another massive target for Dak. The sheer size of our pass catchers alone is a DB nightmare

msstate7
01-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Good deal. I really think he's gonna help our running game with the rb's

mic
01-19-2014, 04:54 PM
Great pick up . 6'7 and nice speed for his size. Christmas comes early for Dak....

msstate7
01-19-2014, 05:04 PM
So recruiting guys, how many more are we taking?

Todd4State
01-19-2014, 05:04 PM
Good deal. I really think he's gonna help our running game with the rb's

I think he will help our passing game as well. You really can't help but like this addition to go along with Malcolm, Bear, Morrow, and Fred Brown.

Rick Danko
01-19-2014, 05:08 PM
I think he will help our passing game as well. You really can't help but like this addition to go along with Malcolm, Bear, Morrow, and Fred Brown.

Not to mention Fred Ross... He looked like a good sized target this year. Any word on how his injury recovery is coming along?

Bothrops
01-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Welcome to MSU, Darrion!

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Just think.... a few years ago, we didn't have a receiver over 6 feet. Now we have power forwards lined up all over the place. I wonder if this puts BJ Hammond back at receiver.

msstate7
01-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Just think.... a few years ago, we didn't have a receiver over 6 feet. Now we have power forwards lined up all over the place. I wonder if this puts BJ Hammond back at receiver.

Or we start seeing more double te sets

chef dixon
01-19-2014, 05:17 PM
So this gives us 4 tight ends, and an uncountable number of receivers? Do you guys see Hutcherson as a type of guy who can find a place to considerably contribute in 2 years? Honest, curious question.

mic
01-19-2014, 05:18 PM
So recruiting guys, how many more are we taking?

3 maybe 4

GreenheadDawg
01-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Any word on how christy and Hammond are looking? Those are some big ass targets too

Coach34
01-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Or we start seeing more double te sets

I think the plan to use more TE's with Dakota at QB to be more physical in the run game but still have those passing threats. Makes us alot tougher in the red zone- like the pass you saw 15 throw to Samuel for a TD in the bowl game. We had Malcolm and Samuel to that side- and it looked like a power set, we instead had Malcolm run the underneath route and Samuel the corner. Great throw by 15- Touchdown

Mullen has hit toys on offense, I bet he is pumped getting ready for this Fall.

Coach34
01-19-2014, 05:26 PM
So this gives us 4 tight ends, and an uncountable number of receivers? Do you guys see Hutcherson as a type of guy who can find a place to considerably contribute in 2 years? Honest, curious question.

Gonna see more 3 TE sets according to rumor

Todd4State
01-19-2014, 05:48 PM
I think the plan to use more TE's with Dakota at QB to be more physical in the run game but still have those passing threats. Makes us alot tougher in the red zone- like the pass you saw 15 throw to Samuel for a TD in the bowl game. We had Malcolm and Samuel to that side- and it looked like a power set, we instead had Malcolm run the underneath route and Samuel the corner. Great throw by 15- Touchdown

This is so true. We have Bear, Morrow, RoJo, Fred Brown on the outside, Jameon in the slot along with a couple of promising freshmen in Graham and Myles, we have Malcolm, Artimas and now Hutcherson at TE/H-back, and we have Robinson, Shumpert, and Williams at RB along with Griffen at FB.

chef dixon
01-19-2014, 05:55 PM
This is so true. We have Bear, Morrow, RoJo, Fred Brown on the outside, Jameon in the slot along with a couple of promising freshmen in Graham and Myles, we have Malcolm, Artimas and now Hutcherson at TE/H-back, and we have Robinson, Shumpert, and Williams at RB along with Griffen at FB.

You must know something about Fred Brown that I don't.

HoopsDawg
01-19-2014, 06:12 PM
You must know something about Fred Brown that I don't.

You read my mind. I was wondering why he keeps mentioning him.

CadaverDawg
01-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Todd's a Fred Brown fan. I hope he turns out as good as Todd thinks he is. He has the tools...does he have it between the ears though?

mic
01-19-2014, 06:16 PM

Redzone...
3 TE set with Hutch Samuels and MoJo
with Dak , Shump and JRob in backfield..
That's BIG BOY football with multiple options..

Or just go one back with RoJo or Bear out wide..

chef dixon
01-19-2014, 06:18 PM
I'll admit. I liked Brown's passion and swag... wasn't ever really mad at his penalties. I don't know about his potential in particular, but between him, Ross, Christy, and Hammond, plays are there to be made.

sbcmortgageman
01-19-2014, 06:55 PM
#catchupgang

HoopsDawg
01-19-2014, 07:10 PM
great quote from our kicker recruit:

"Jesse Jackson's mom was doing pretty good. I didn't know she used to play in the WNBA," said Cooke. "Darrion Hutcherson is a freak.

"He was out there tomahawk jamming and things like that. He is a beast of an athlete.

Todd4State
01-19-2014, 07:38 PM
Todd's a Fred Brown fan. I hope he turns out as good as Todd thinks he is. He has the tools...does he have it between the ears though?

Yes indeed, I am a Fred Brown fan. I like how he plays- he has a lot of SWAG. The rare times we've targeted him, he catches the ball. I think he has it between the ears, he just has to tone it down a little bit on the field.

preachermatt83
01-19-2014, 10:55 PM
what about Hill and Warren? Arent they both coming back. And is Cowart gonna play? that's 6 TE's. Maybe I'm missing something.

Dawgfan77
01-20-2014, 07:56 AM
what about Hill and Warren? Arent they both coming back. And is Cowart gonna play? that's 6 TE's. Maybe I'm missing something.

Cowert is a back up walk on QB. Walley is they guy you are thinking about, he has been injured every year dont see him contributing. Warren was project and sometimes projects done work out. Hill will be a SR next with MOJO

preachermatt83
01-20-2014, 09:30 AM
Cowert is a back up walk on QB. Walley is they guy you are thinking about, he has been injured every year dont see him contributing. Warren was project and sometimes projects done work out. Hill will be a SR next with MOJO

Yea, Walley. I don't know what I was thinking. But still STACKED at TE!!