PDA

View Full Version : New brick for Dudy?

MsStateBaseball
01-19-2014, 04:41 PM
I hope they don't think that will solve the problem. Need a new stadium.

bully99
01-19-2014, 06:54 PM
You have to give us more information than that.Is this what's being talked about.

gravedigger
01-19-2014, 07:05 PM
I'd like to see a darker brick at dudy noble. I've always hated the hump's brick and it seems to have been picked to match.

MsStateBaseball
01-19-2014, 07:36 PM
They put brick from dugout to dugout along the back wall. It will look good on TV. Better than cement. Prob doing it for that reason.

Political Hack
01-19-2014, 07:47 PM
better be maroon.

archdog
01-19-2014, 08:16 PM
They put brick from dugout to dugout along the back wall. It will look good on TV. Better than cement. Prob doing it for that reason.

They should use Calstar brick. Their new plant opens in Columbus here shortly maybe in April, they would make a custom blend for the university and it is as green as brick can be.
We used it on Oxford high school and it's one of the biggest contributors to it's leed certification. The Calstar team worked with the owner to match older brick in the area. Sales pitch over.

bulldogcountry1
01-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Does continuing to spend money at DNF leave any doubt about whether or not the site moves?

Kcdawg
01-19-2014, 09:16 PM
I think it's being done to please the eye as a quick fix. The difference it made in Davis Wade was huge.

messageboardsuperhero
01-19-2014, 10:07 PM
I think it's being done to please the eye as a quick fix. The difference it made in Davis Wade was huge.

Exactly. This is just being done as a cheap way to make DNF look a little better on TV for the next couple of years.

It absolutely is not Stricklin's long-term solution.

Bark
01-19-2014, 10:27 PM
I'd like to see a darker brick at dudy noble. I've always hated the hump's brick and it seems to have been picked to match.

They are using the campus standard brick. The brick that has been used for everything new on campus for the past 5 years. Same brick as Davis Wade, etc.