preachermatt83
01-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Very Good perspective Croom!

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/01/19/msu-fans-right-know-whats-going/

missouridawg
01-19-2014, 03:00 PM
Very Good perspective Croom!

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/01/19/msu-fans-right-know-whats-going/

This is a terrible article. Sometimes, it's best that the fans DON'T know what's going on. You little ****ing high school girls need to to understand this point in the worst way possible. Our athletic department doesn't owe you one ounce of information in regards to the inner workings of raises/hirings of the football staff.

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 03:25 PM
This is a terrible article. Sometimes, it's best that the fans DON'T know what's going on. You little ****ing high school girls need to to understand this point in the worst way possible. Our athletic department doesn't owe you one ounce of information in regards to the inner workings of raises/hirings of the football staff.

I agree.... you'd hope the institution cares enough about a program to financially maintain the best staff. But as "fans" .... we have no rights to any of these decisions. We should be lucky, our media has the access they currently have to players and practices. This shouldn't even be a discussion. Go to the games, fill the stadium, support Mississippi State.... that's how we'll build this program and keep the best coaching staff we can.

TheDogFather
01-19-2014, 03:43 PM
Unbelievable. Really shows his immaturity.

By this reasoning, I have a right to know the inner business workings of gmc because I bought a Yukon.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Agreed.

As for the whole 'corporate' analogy, all decisions are made by the boards of directors, with little input from the rest ie Joe Blow Fan. Guaranteed that the big boys know what's going on. They are on the boards because they have proven themselves worthy. MSU is a NPO anyway, ha. No stockholders period.

Bottom line, people like Croom Diaries shouldn't be involved at any level with decision making. I bet I can guess his annual BC contribution.

The Croom Diaries
01-19-2014, 04:23 PM
I agree.... you'd hope the institution cares enough about a program to financially maintain the best staff. But as "fans" .... we have no rights to any of these decisions. We should be lucky, our media has the access they currently have to players and practices. This shouldn't even be a discussion. Go to the games, fill the stadium, support Mississippi State.... that's how we'll build this program and keep the best coaching staff we can.

So we should blindly trust that the administration is doing an adequate job? There are lots of different types of people in the world - some who don't need assurances to buy into something, others who have a questioning attitude and need to be sure of what they're buying into. You're probably the former, I'm the latter. There are many who don't trust that Stricklin has what it takes, and because the admin is shrouded in secrecy it just makes it worse. There are others who believe he is doing a fantastic job and question none of his decisions.

The Croom Diaries
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Unbelievable. Really shows his immaturity.

By this reasoning, I have a right to know the inner business workings of gmc because I bought a Yukon.

When you buy a Yukon you are buying a GMC product. When you buy a MSU shirt you are indirectly funding MSU, but moreover its about donations where you are directly contributing to MSU athletics. Say person A donates $2,000 per year, but they don't feel good about the admin, so they drop that to $100. Say person B has $2,000 per year they would be willing to donate but they only donate $100 because they are unsure of the leadership. Perhaps a more open athletic department would also create more open pocketbooks. But maybe not, it's just a theory.

Hotdawg66
01-19-2014, 04:30 PM
When they are ready the athletic dept will release the info. They remind me of Bill Belichick in playing things close to the vest.

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 05:02 PM
So we should blindly trust that the administration is doing an adequate job? There are lots of different types of people in the world - some who don't need assurances to buy into something, others who have a questioning attitude and need to be sure of what they're buying into. You're probably the former, I'm the latter. There are many who don't trust that Stricklin has what it takes, and because the admin is shrouded in secrecy it just makes it worse. There are others who believe he is doing a fantastic job and question none of his decisions.

Our opinions don't and never should depict the decisions of MSU's staff. We as "fans" should not be involved in the process of firings, promotions, raises, etc. There are many channels these decisions must go through before they become final. By no means should a "fan", a non-financial supporter of a school, be involved. We are not shareholders, even though I believe you think we are. Your Occupy Wall Street mentality will only get you so far in a business world that does not take rebellious attitudes lightly. And my assurance that I bought into occurred when I received my degree from Mississippi State University. I may have my differences from time to time, but I will always support the school and decisions they make.

Dawgtini
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
Dude. I have kept quiet but this is too much. Have a Xanax and some wine. That is your crowd. If you own a business. Pm me cause I want to send a resume and take a butt load of your money. I can show you my market value In a heartbeat and make sure you drop some serious coin...production be damned. You are all about spending someone else's money and demanding access that you perceive you deserve. Shut up, sit down, and enjoy life.

gravedigger
01-19-2014, 05:32 PM
So just before getting out the thesaurus and coming up with the "little ****ing high school girls" quote, you did read the article no?

The article stated , yes SOMETIMES ( fans should be given information about major decisions given they are also asked to pay for those areas).

You respond "sometimes not". And that makes the article terrible.

The article isn't terrible. It's a valid point questioned every time seating for sporting events goes up in price.

Of course your response was pure brilliance.

The Croom Diaries
01-19-2014, 05:41 PM
Our opinions don't and never should depict the decisions of MSU's staff. We as "fans" should not be involved in the process of firings, promotions, raises, etc. There are many channels these decisions must go through before they become final. By no means should a "fan", a non-financial supporter of a school, be involved. We are not shareholders, even though I believe you think we are. Your Occupy Wall Street mentality will only get you so far in a business world that does not take rebellious attitudes lightly. And my assurance that I bought into occurred when I received my degree from Mississippi State University. I may have my differences from time to time, but I will always support the school and decisions they make.

Thanks 'Defiant' Dog for your lesson on rebellious attitudes. All I can really say is you've completely misunderstood the basis of the article. At no point did I suggest any fan should have any influence on decisions that are made. You absolutely concocted that on your own.

You have me 100% wrong on occupy Wall Street. I am a pretty far right conservative politically. I do own my own business as well, and while this article had an analogy to business, it has nothing to do with business. It's simply an opinion that I think the admin would be better served to keep fans more abreast of their decisions. That's it. I don't think I'm entitled to anything. I've got plenty of sources to find out what's going on, this article wasn't written for me.

missouridawg
01-19-2014, 05:44 PM
So just before getting out the thesaurus and coming up with the "little ****ing high school girls" quote, you did read the article no?

The article stated , yes SOMETIMES ( fans should be given information about major decisions given they are also asked to pay for those areas).

You respond "sometimes not". And that makes the article terrible.

The article isn't terrible. It's a valid point questioned every time seating for sporting events goes up in price.

Of course your response was pure brilliance.

Umm.... I guess the phrase "State fans have a right to know as much as possible from the athletic department. In most cases there is good communication, but for anyone to say it’s none of our business is hogwash" means sometimes, to you?

gravedigger
01-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Umm.... I guess the phrase "State fans have a right to know as much as possible from the athletic department. In most cases there is good communication, but for anyone to say it’s none of our business is hogwash" means sometimes, to you?

Yes. And it means "sometimes" to anyone who knows the difference in "as much as possible" and "everything".

An organization asking for more money from someone and holds a "it's none of your business" attitude is shortsighted.

The Croom Diaries
01-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Umm.... I guess the phrase "State fans have a right to know as much as possible from the athletic department. In most cases there is good communication, but for anyone to say it?s none of our business is hogwash" means sometimes, to you?

It should. As much as possible implies there are some things that just can't be shared, but some things can.

If Collins got a raise two weeks ago, what does it hurt to let State fans know?

If it's not obvious, the idea for this comes from responses on this board suggesting that it's no ones business but Strick, Mullen and Collins if he got a raise. Maybe for some that's acceptable, but for others it isn't. If the admin wants donations and support, they can't just keep everyone in the dark and hope they will support anyway.

If everyone knew that Strick always got things done and everything ran smoothly then no one would care about these things. But when coaches leave, they are poorly compensated, etc. questions are raised. If they aren't answered it just makes matters worse. If you don't feel that way that's perfectly acceptable, but it's valid reasoning for the thought process.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 07:10 PM
If the admin wants donations and support, they can't just keep everyone in the dark and hope they will support anyway.

The people who truly matter aren't in the dark. Sorry if that hurts your young, liberal feelings, but that's the truth. It's a hard truth that your ass is going to have to get realistic about (in my best Marsellus voice).

sbcmortgageman
01-19-2014, 07:10 PM
They (administration) don't owe me, you or anyone else answers on anything you wrote about. This article makes no sense.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 07:11 PM
We already know 10x more, and get it 10x faster, than we did 10 years ago.

In 1975 nobody even knew who the defensive coordinator was until the first game half the time. Be happy you get the information you do get.

preachermatt83
01-19-2014, 11:02 PM
As long as Im expected to "help in recruiting"(not saying anything, just saying) I have a right to know what is going on with the staff atleast to a degree. When a recruit asks about a certain coach that is recruiting him that he is hearing rumors is leaving what am I supposed to tell him.

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm not certain that people like you and CD really want the best for MSU. Sounds like you're out for yourselves more than for our University.

Just my opinion from what I've read.

preachermatt83
01-19-2014, 11:16 PM
I'm not certain that people like you and CD really want the best for MSU. Sounds like you're out for yourselves more than for our University.

Just my opinion from what I've read.

You would make an awesome OM fan. You are just like them. now go get your bow tie on and grab a martini and get ready for the big weekend next weekend!

Goat Holder
01-19-2014, 11:17 PM
You would make an awesome OM fan. You are just like them. now go get your bow tie on and grab a martini and get ready for the big weekend next weekend!

Wut

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 11:22 PM
As long as Im expected to "help in recruiting"(not saying anything, just saying) I have a right to know what is going on with the staff atleast to a degree. When a recruit asks about a certain coach that is recruiting him that he is hearing rumors is leaving what am I supposed to tell him.

If you're that involved in recruiting then you would probably be knowledgeable with the coaching situation as well. I guess we have forgotten about the ninja and how secretive he was as an AD.

FISHDAWG
01-20-2014, 10:57 AM
and how many would take this stance if we still had Croom as our HC ?

C222
01-20-2014, 11:08 AM
It hasn't been announced yet because Collins hasn't accepted it.

Original48
01-20-2014, 01:24 PM
I would rather wonder what's going on with Collins than have them make an announcement that could influence our recruiting negatively. I'm afraid that is what's happening. We need to keep this class intact. And I'm fine with finding out whatever's going on the day after signing day.