PDA

View Full Version : Borrowed from Sixpack-re. Rebel recruiting

Coach34
04-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Some posters from Tigerdroppings have exposed a fake twitter account from a supposed hot 20 yr old that's been tweeting recruits. And while this could be just one person- Codedawg's post is more in line with things I've been hearing in regards to what they are doing- having people posing as young co-eds helping the recruiting effort (I'm not even going to get into the on-campus stuff). This is just another example of us being behind the curve recruiting-wise:

Codedawg posted:

"So now that everyone knows it's a fake account, realize that it's not the only one. It's only one of many personas. UM athletics, or a designated booster, has likely contracted a social media agency to run Twitter, Facebook, and other social media accounts to project a positive image of UM to recruits, media, and others.

This is exactly in line with what several agencies have presented to me in the past. For us, it was reputation management. They would hire a bunch of "consultants" to go out into social media and community sites and post positive reviews, blog posts, or general chatter about the brand while monitoring activity and sentiment. This is a thing, and if you aren't doing it, you are behind."

People need to realize there are millions and millions of dollars on the line now- and recruiting is one of the biggest parts of a program. Social media cannot be viewed as just "some shit we have to do"- it's a weapon and whomever does it better gets the rewards

BeastMan
04-27-2013, 11:00 PM
I can verify this to be true as an original MIR memeber. Honestly , its late and I can't type it all out right now. I'll get to it tommorow and maybe a blog post is forth coming with all the facts

Raytoraid83
04-28-2013, 11:55 AM
And now her/him/it's account was changed to private this morning which pretty much proves its a fake account.

Coach34
04-28-2013, 12:03 PM
And now her/him/it's account was changed to private this morning which pretty much proves its a fake account.

They have more just like it. It's actually a great strategy for them. I applaud it.

Aim high on targets
Bombard them on twitter with fake accounts making them feel very wanted-(even though anybody with sense would know some dumb college girl has no idea who OM is recruiting)
Get them to visit
Treat them like rock stars on their visit with a town that is completely geared that weekend for recruiting
Use other backroom tactics

All that equals top 10 signing class for a shitty football program

Ronny
04-28-2013, 12:13 PM
..*Anytime somebody on social media accuses the University of Mississippi of cheating, have the buffoonish head coach chime in with his own personal tweet, providing the accuser with the e-mail/mailing address to the NCAA office.

Goat Holder
04-28-2013, 12:16 PM
We actually started the whole social media deal, 11 Egg Bowl hashtag or something. Who knows, I don't care about that shit. But the fake stuff will come around on them sooner or later.....you can't fool people forever. Oxford isn't bad, but it's not mecca of football. The recruits who do get swayed by their shit will find that out when they get there. Some will be OK with it, some won't. A good example is Tunsil, he was obviously on the take, he probably won't give a shit if Ole Miss sucks or not and go on to have a great career, much like a Cam Newton, who had no loyalty to Auburn whatsoever.

It's the ones like Treadwell....I don't see that guy doing too much up there.

BeastMan
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
This is the thing. That particular account has been under fire for inconsistencies for a long time now. If I was a real person in that situation, I'd post a pic of myself with today's local newspaper. Finish it in 1 swoop. Every single time they do the opposite. The person in question and a bunch of its old folks OM following lash out and call names and threaten. It's pretty pathetic