PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know anything about our chances with Devaroe Lawrence?

deltadawg99
01-19-2014, 10:23 AM
He's an Auburn commit that apparnently is graduating in March and will have 3 years to play 3.

Would be nice to get this kid

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 11:06 AM
I really like this guy. He's undersized to be on the interior line, but he explodes off the ball. He would be our version of Isaac Gross except Devaroe would be more disruptive against the run game. He would definitely be a great commodity to add to our d-line. This tweet from the Auburn 247 guy should give us some hope.

http://i40.tinypic.com/v75aqf.jpg

Bully13
01-19-2014, 11:32 AM
I'm assuming the top tweet is the latter of the 2. which would confirm Lawrence is scheduled to visit I assume. excuse me , I don't know anything about tweeting.

his verbal is listed as soft with AU and he has a visit date of 1/17 with us. maybe AU's love has wained in the final hour and he's looking for a possible new venue. solid offers, would be a good get.

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 11:44 AM
It's a strong possibility of Devaroe flipping.... especially since Auburn is expected to sign two 4 star DT's this year along with a slue of DT's already on the roster. They also have Davon Godchaux visiting this weeked, and he's a possible DE flip from LSU.

ScottH
01-19-2014, 11:49 AM
They also have Davon Godchaux visiting this weeked, and he's a possible DE flip from LSU.

Uh oh, LSU may have to cherry pick even more from the UM class.

SDDawg
01-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Uh oh, LSU may have to cherry pick even more from the UM class.

LSU owns OM. I'll bet after this year's embarrassment, they don't lose to them for a decade. Would be great if we could turn things around in the LSU series and then have them start beating the ish out of OM for a while, fingers crossed.

Bothrops
01-19-2014, 02:28 PM
I think a lot of LSU fans feel ambivalent about their forced rivalry with OM. Over the years OM people, with their control of the media, kept dramatizing and talking it up until they were able to rekindle it from the past. Inexplicably, I think LSU will continue to play down to Ole Miss and OM will continue to beat them in one out of every 3 or 4 contests. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

Coach34
01-19-2014, 03:31 PM
I dont know a single LSU fan that considers Ole Miss their "rival". To them, it's Bama. Now then, they all hate Ole Miss and laugh at them alot- but dont consider them a rival. That died in the 1960's

defiantdog
01-19-2014, 03:47 PM
I dont know a single LSU fan that considers Ole Miss their "rival". To them, it's Bama. Now then, they all hate Ole Miss and laugh at them alot- but dont consider them a rival. That died in the 1960's

Without a doubt it's Bama. Especially as of late since they have been battling for the same recruits year after year.

state66
01-19-2014, 04:34 PM
I talked to a big LSU fan after the State game and asked them about it and laughed. Pretty much said Bama is their only rival and ole miss is just a team that talks alot of shit every year and they beat them every year. Pretty much laughed off ole miss and said no one cares about them.