PDA

View Full Version : Best restaurant in Starkville for wife's birthday???

Okrastar1
01-19-2014, 02:04 AM
Any suggestions?

Bark
01-19-2014, 02:07 AM
1a. Restaurant Tyler
1b. The Veranda

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Veranda

BogeyGolfer
01-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Bojangles or Popeyes... Might as well go all out.

Political Hack
01-19-2014, 08:22 AM
drive to West Point and go to Anthony's.

Esmerelda Villalobos
01-19-2014, 09:57 AM
1a. Restaurant Tyler
1b. The Veranda

Plus one.

AROB44
01-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Restaurant Tyler.........Not even close.

Dawgbite
01-19-2014, 10:55 AM
drive to West Point and go to Anthony's.

This! Order the rib eye with crawfish sauce. It's not on the menu but they will know exactly what you are talking about. Second choice is the blackened catfish with crawfish sauce. Veranda would be my second choice.

Gordon Gekko
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Jack Salmons if it's still around. If not, Pettys.

MafiaDawg
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
I don't think he asked what the best restaurant in the Golden triangle was. Veranda or Tyler are both great options.

BeastMan
01-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Another for Tyler or Veranda

Poopfinger
01-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Restaurant Tyler or Veranda for me too. I like Anthony's, but not really as good as all the hype that I've heard about it. Granted, I've only been there once

THE Bruce Dickinson
01-19-2014, 12:43 PM
If you want to drive to Columbus you can go to Huck's for dinner and then do a carriage ride in the park across the street after dinner. It's basically a full proof plan to get laid.

esplanade91
01-19-2014, 12:46 PM
I love The Veranda, don't get me wrong, but the last time I went there the food was not very good. My buddy order a $MP steak and it came out cold. When he said something to the waiter about it he took the plate to the back and obviously just put it in a microwave.

I've been there several times and nothing like that has ever happened before. 10 minutes after we sat down Mullen, Brewster, Gonzo, wives, and some recruit with his mother and little brother came and sat near us and the staff working that night immediately gave them full attention. So what I'm saying is beware The Veranda near signing day.

EAVdog
01-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Christy's, you can thank me later.

ScottH
01-19-2014, 01:00 PM
I've been there several times and nothing like that has ever happened before. 10 minutes after we sat down Mullen, Brewster, Gonzo, wives, and some recruit with his mother and little brother came and sat near us and the staff working that night immediately gave them full attention. So what I'm saying is beware The Veranda near signing day.

A difference between recruiting and fan bases at UM and MSU:

At UM, some UM daughters allegedly blow the prospects per CJ.

At MSU, we bitch because they get better service at a restaurant.
(Apologies to esplanade91 not singling you out, just pointing out the swallowing daughters aspect.)

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 03:50 PM
I love The Veranda, don't get me wrong, but the last time I went there the food was not very good. My buddy order a $MP steak and it came out cold. When he said something to the waiter about it he took the plate to the back and obviously just put it in a microwave.

If you say the steak is under cooked it will never touch a microwave. If you say your food is cold (meaning sides too) your whole plate will go into a microwave. That's at every restaurant everywhere unless you specify exactly not to get it microwaved. Otherwise they are paying for your entire meal by giving you completely new food. Never ever go to ANY restaurant during crazy busy hours. Which is more important to Jay, the single plate your friend is complaining about or the over $500,000+ per year MSU and the football staff/team will spend at the Veranda PER YEAR?

BeastMan
01-19-2014, 04:25 PM
What the name of that place in Columbus that's either on or close to the water that's supposed to be good? There's also a new "nicer" restaurant in Louisville that I've heard good things about. Never eaten there but did meet the executive chef and he seemed like a good guy. I think he used to work for Veranda. Could be wrong.

esplanade91
01-19-2014, 04:29 PM
We'll beg to differ on the microwave part, but I was more or less trying to be humorous. Like I said, The Veranda is great and has been every time I've been there except a time I sat next to Dan Mullen, his staff, and a kid with his family who signed with Auburn.

I can't remember for the life of me the name of steakhouse near SHS's football field and Bop's. Hole in the wall. Good food and allows brown bagging. My priorities were brown bagging first and foremost so maybe you can get the opinion on that place from an additional person.

BeastMan
01-19-2014, 04:33 PM
@esplanade Cappe's

Really good dinner (steaks). Pretty good blue plate lunches. Very nice people.

missouridawg
01-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Pettys. No seriously, Pettys.