PDA

View Full Version : OM flips another one

BeastMan
01-18-2014, 07:27 PM
RT @YancyPorter: 4-Star TE Sammie Epps commits to Ole Miss. I knew something smelled mighty good:)

First CJ and now Epps! Rebs on a roll flipping their own recruits

Coach34
01-18-2014, 07:35 PM
They make history aGAIN!!!

I've never seen a school flip 2 of their own recruits

ShotgunDawg
01-18-2014, 07:36 PM
They are so embarrassing. Honestly, this is the type of stuff that signifies that you are a loser program. Ole Miss simply doesn't WIN enough games to create a winning perception, so to make up for their lack of success on the field they have to artificially create excitement.

Their shenanigans are equivalent to a crappy restaurant that has bad food, and therefore, in order to stay in business, they have to hire the balloon guy, magician, and mariachi band to keep customers entertained and coming back. Problem is, non of that type of stuff makes the food any better and thus you are still a crappy restaurant.

It's just so obvious and embarrassing and has nothing to do with trying to win games or, in this case, make their food any better.

msstate7
01-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Did this kid have any other options? We backed off (not sure of reasons) and got te we wanted

Pollodawg
01-18-2014, 07:39 PM
What's funny is he got pissed off when State fans saw through his little act.

SDDawg
01-18-2014, 07:50 PM
It is absolutely priceless is that their big news is getting him to commit after we told him he couldn't visit. Frickin' hilarious, I love me some OM idiots. :cool:

JDog13
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
I'm wondering if ole miss will continue to recruit epps after he chose ole miss over ole miss. I'm hearing ole miss is trying to come in late and see if they can nail down a visit. However, Hugh Freeze is demanding that his assistants come up with a plan to keep epps from taking this visit. Yancy Porter feels that epps commitment to ole miss is solid, but you never can tell. He went on to say "ole miss may be down, but they aren't exactly out. I have a feeling he will be a reb, but I also feel there is a slim chance he could flip and sign with the rebs on NSD."

ScottH
01-18-2014, 08:37 PM
Textbook Spin Selling

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm wondering if ole miss will continue to recruit epps after he chose ole miss over ole miss. I'm hearing ole miss is trying to come in late and see if they can nail down a visit. However, Hugh Freeze is demanding that his assistants come up with a plan to keep epps from taking this visit. Yancy Porter feels that epps commitment to ole miss is solid, but you never can tell. He went on to say "ole miss may be down, but they aren't exactly out. I have a feeling he will be a reb, but I also feel there is a slim chance he could flip and sign with the rebs on NSD."

Nice!

MainEventDawg
01-18-2014, 08:40 PM
I am all for keeping with our current agenda and staying above this kind of thing. But a small part of me wishes MSU would somehow address this silly shit.

Imagine this scenario: We have every one of our commits decommit on the same day. Then we have each one schedule a hat ceremony in order to recommit. They can be spread out on separate days so that media is busy covering the circus act that it would surely become. Each ceremony would include 3 hats: State, TSUN, and another big name school from a conference other than the SEC. Each commit would have the freedom to come up with his own creative hat fake when choosing MSU over the Bears. On Signing Day, Mullen apologizes to the MSU fans and says he had to orchestrate this "circus" to show everyone (specifically the media) that anyone can create a facade to drum up some drama. He tells the puppets (Talty, Stephens, etc) that the BS needs to stop if they want to have access with MSU. He then states that it takes a FAMILY to do things the right way.....and eventually whip your dramatic rivals ass every Thanksgiving. Hail State!

That was extremely far fetched and would/should never happen. But it would provide some interesting message board material.

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 08:42 PM
Did this kid have any other options? We backed off (not sure of reasons) and got te we wanted

Coahoma CC would take him I'm sure. (NOT saying that he won't qualify) (AM saying he didn't have an offer from Auburn)

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 08:46 PM
I am all for keeping with our current agenda and staying above this kind of thing. But a small part of me wishes MSU would somehow address this silly shit.

Imagine this scenario: We have every one of our commits decommit on the same day. Then we have each one schedule a hat ceremony in order to recommit. They can be spread out on separate days so that media is busy covering the circus act that it would surely become. Each ceremony would include 3 hats: State, TSUN, and another big name school from a conference other than the SEC. Each commit would have the freedom to come up with his own creative hat fake when choosing MSU over the Bears. On Signing Day, Mullen apologizes to the MSU fans and says he had to orchestrate this "circus" to show everyone (specifically the media) that anyone can create a facade to drum up some drama. He tells the puppets (Talty, Stephens, etc) that the BS needs to stop if they want to have access with MSU. He then states that it takes a FAMILY to do things the right way.....and eventually whip your dramatic rivals ass every Thanksgiving. Hail State!

That was extremely far fetched and would/should never happen. But it would provide some interesting message board material.

That would be awesome. BUT to be fair to our staff- they ARE handling it. We didn't allow Epps to take a visit. They just don't make it real public because that's what the player ultimately wants.

SDDawg
01-18-2014, 08:51 PM
That would be awesome. BUT to be fair to our staff- they ARE handling it. We didn't allow Epps to take a visit. They just don't make it real public because that's what the player ultimately wants.

Exactly right, Mullen isn't some side show circus freak or carnival barker like Freeze. Doesn't have to post pictures of himself bass fishing every time someone commits, or holler out "YAHTZEE" or some other dumb BS. So glad to have a decent human being and grown man as our HC.

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 08:53 PM
"We only sign 25 but we get 50 commits."

MainEventDawg
01-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I absolutely believe they handled the Epps situation the right way. Handling some of these "writers" needs to happen at some point though.

thunderclap
01-18-2014, 09:02 PM
It's ridiculous how few people outside of their circle even care. Flipping your own recruits could have only been manufactured by the fluff that is Ole Miss.

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 09:10 PM
I absolutely believe they handled the Epps situation the right way. Handling some of these "writers" needs to happen at some point though.

IMO, that should be a NCAA issue. I think there should be one "official" recruiting web site per school and the people that write for those sites are allowed limited access to how many stories and times that they can contact a recruit. I think that would eliminate a lot of the competition between sites.

I think three would be a fair number of times to contact a recruit.

Once at camp.

Once after a verbal commitment.

Once after a signed LOI.

The players and their families are the ones that really suffer from all this harassment.

gravedigger
01-18-2014, 09:20 PM
I think we all are now understanding that very few these kids actually are 'flipping'.

They are going where they intended all along. Some change their minds, but I think most know that if they play the game for OM and shop around late, OM will keep pouring on the affection, so to speak.

Who could blame them?

It bothers me so much less than it used to. I guess it's because even with all the lost 'flips' we manage pretty well and seem to be getting better. Probably due to very good assistant coaching.

Side note:

Coach, you most certainly have seen them flip two of their own recruits. But back then Singleton and Brassel started by telling people they were going to State. They never once intended to. SO now the pattern is to commit to OM, then act like you flip, then flip back.

civildawg
01-18-2014, 09:21 PM
College football recruiting is terrible. The NCAA needs to fix this crap some how because it's getting out of control

msstate7
01-18-2014, 09:40 PM
College football recruiting is terrible. The NCAA needs to fix this crap some how because it's getting out of control

Amen.

Dawgowar
01-18-2014, 09:51 PM
RT @YancyPorter: 4-Star TE Sammie Epps commits to Ole Miss. I knew something smelled mighty good:)

First CJ and now Epps! Rebs on a roll flipping their own recruits

Hugh Freeze Valiantly Fights to Recommit Previously Committed Recruits!

Ole Miss claims recommitments' Star Rankings Now Count Twice - Move back into Top Five! Commissions National Recootin Championship Trophy

mic
01-18-2014, 10:14 PM
they had no vistors this weekend, so this was done today to keep them in the media and in the papers tomorrow. Which Im sure it will be on front page of the CL and DJ

mic
01-18-2014, 10:16 PM

An early signing period would help a lot. Doubt it ever happens

whosyourdawgy
01-18-2014, 10:51 PM
Bingo Bango Bongo

Original48
01-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Hugh Freeze Valiantly Fights to Recommit Previously Committed Recruits!
Ole Miss claims recommitments' Star Rankings Now Count Twice
This is good. And actually seems probable.

Political Hack
01-19-2014, 08:45 AM
IMO, that should be a NCAA issue. I think there should be one "official" recruiting web site per school and the people that write for those sites are allowed limited access to how many stories and times that they can contact a recruit. I think that would eliminate a lot of the competition between sites.

I think three would be a fair number of times to contact a recruit.

Once at camp.

Once after a verbal commitment.

Once after a signed LOI.

The players and their families are the ones that really suffer from all this harassment.

that would badly hamper OM's recruiting model.