PDA

View Full Version : Its getting less painful to watch us play

curmudgeon
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM
at 12-5 (2-2), I just took a gander at our schedule to see if we could get enough wins to make the NIT.

14 games left, six we should be favored, four tossups and four that will be tall tasks (3 of which are at home).

19-11 (9-9) is probably an NIT bid this year.

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 04:15 PM
If we make the NIT this year, I will be very pleased. That's quite an improvement from last year. It sounds like we just have to take care of business.

msstate7
01-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Don't really see it happening this season (hope I'm wrong). I do think had we gotten ndoye and Daniels in school that we would be an nit type team

smootness
01-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Our RPI probably won't be good enough no matter what we do. Our OOC schedule was incredibly weak, and the NIT is selected much more like the NCAA Tournament than it used to be. You won't make it simply because you're a decent team from a big conference.

You pretty much have to be one of the best 32 teams that didn't make the tournament, and I doubt we get there.

Still, it's pretty crazy we can legitimately look at the schedule and see us getting to that many wins. It'll still be tough, especially if somebody goes down, but Ray is a great coach. In terms of everything being a coach means outside of recruiting, he has proven to me that he's great. And we'll see on the recruiting end.

SDDawg
01-18-2014, 07:52 PM
I think we'll need to win 20 games and show well in our tournament (semis) to get that bid. Our league just isn't very good right now, it's not the SEC of old. I hope to be wrong and I do see this team winning 17 games with upside to 19, if something special happens down the stretch and we get a little lucky it could definitely happen.