PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout some damn credit for our man Rick Ray!

AlmostPositive
01-18-2014, 04:07 PM
Seriously, I know most of the posters here are in Ray's corner, but I'm impressed. He's beating decent SEC teams with less talent than just about anybody in the league. I'm beginning to think he might be here for years...

Maroonthirteen
01-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Big win. I would love to see what he could do with a full roster of talent.

Harrydawg
01-18-2014, 04:09 PM
Damn right!

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
he's making me a firm believer. I just hope our mild success will result in more talent in Starkville. If that happens, there may be some really good seasons on the horizon.

C222
01-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Seriously, I know most of the posters here are in Ray's corner, but I'm impressed. He's beating decent SEC teams with less talent than just about anybody in the league. I'm beginning to think he might be here for years...

He won't get any credit from Team Stans. Great win. Chicken and Ware are so good.

Coach34
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM
He really coached well today.

Only problems I have are he stayed in the 1-3-1 a little too long in the 2nd half and we have to do a better job setting screens on inbounds so Bloodman will throw the ball in. We set screens harder on the one in OT and you saw th difference.

But he made some damn good moves today and the team listened to him on attacking the damn basket. An thats why we won the basketball game. Being in the double bonus the last 8 mins and OT was huge.

Coach34
He won't get any credit from Team Stans. Great win. Chicken and Ware are so good.

Fred played better today also except for the 2 bad turnovers

Todd4State

Me too. I think he is a good coach.

CadaverDawg
Hell of a job. Didn't see this thread when I posted mine. Couldn't be prouder and happier for a group of guys and coaches

MarketingBully01
01-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey Coach, with that team today we just beat an undefeated SEC team. I am on the Ray train. It's impressive to get that kind of win with who we had out there today. We may look ugly at times but they played hard and good things finally are happening.

msstate7
01-18-2014, 04:16 PM

Thomas had some boneheaded plays today, but he also really played d well at times (aTm last poss in reg). I think Fred becomes a player before his career is over. He could be a lock down defensive player if nothing else

MarketingBully01
01-18-2014, 04:17 PM
Yes, he just needs confidence. He can be a good shooter. We need him and Borchert to step up and be in the 30-40% range on threes. That would open up the inside for Ware and Sword.

Coach34
01-18-2014, 04:19 PM
We just have to persevere thru this season. We have 2 guys redshirting that should help alot next year in the paint. Plus one pretty solid Freshman in Houston. I dont expect Dunlap to help next year.

We need to find a juco shooter with that open scholly to give us 10-15 minutes next year. Ready will be better next year also and be able to score a little more.

smootness
01-18-2014, 04:29 PM
I think Dunlap will help simply because he can hit an outside shot. He may be inconsistent with it, but he has something there to work with, and that's more than we can say for just abound anybody else on the roster.

I also think Daniels may be a guy who can step out and hit a shot here and there.

But yes, phenomenal job by Ray today. And really, the whole time he's been here.

Sword and Ware were fantastic today.

Coach34
01-18-2014, 04:33 PM
I think Dunlap will help simply because he can hit an outside shot.

He's a 6'1 shooting guard- like Thomas, he is about to play a higher level of player. Dunlap is going to be guarded by guys 6'4 and 6'5 next year. I really question this sign by Ray. I hope I'm wrong

Jacksondevildog
01-18-2014, 04:34 PM

If we had Ndoye and Daniels eligible to play this year, we would be a lot better. That would give us another tall wing and a post defender. When Ware or Sword come out of the game, we are massively exposed.

It_Could_Happen
01-18-2014, 04:36 PM
I'm on the ray bandwagon. The team is scrappy and never quit. Down 10 with 8 mins left and nothing phased them. It also helps that we have a true leader in sword.

Jacksondevildog
01-18-2014, 04:37 PM
I understand the discussion about Dunlap's height, but LSU has Hickney and Stringer that are both sub-6 foot players. I'm not sure what they are listed at, but they are midgets and they have kicked our ass.

smootness
01-18-2014, 04:40 PM
He's a 6'1 shooting guard- like Thomas, he is about to play a higher level of player. Dunlap is going to be guarded by guys 6'4 and 6'5 next year. I really question this sign by Ray. I hope I'm wrong

I know, but Thomas is just dealing with confidence issues. Dunlap can shoot, and that's the main thing we will lack next year. You can set it up to give him space to shoot, and even if he can't get many off, as long as they have to keep someone out there to guard him, he will help the spacing.

I'm not expecting to see a lot of him, but I think he could see 10-15 minutes a game and give us a couple of 3s here and there.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-18-2014, 04:44 PM
All we need Dunlap to do is mainly what Steele did. Spot up & hit the open jumper when teams zone us. If he can do that for 10-15min a game he'll definitely serve his purpose. I think Dunlap is a better version of Steele.

dawgs
01-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Strickland needs to ease up on the anti-AAU stuff and let ray go really recruit.

Bothrops
01-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Hell yeah, Ricky Ray got them dawgs fed! I look forward to seeing Ray lead us with more help coming. We'll be fine

drunkernhelldawg
01-18-2014, 06:00 PM

Will you stop this Stans bullshit? You're not accurate, but even if you were, you would need to recognize that it's time to move on.

Coach34
01-18-2014, 06:37 PM
Will you stop this Stans bullshit? You're not accurate, but even if you were, you would need to recognize that it's time to move on.

it's mostly the Stands crew that hasnt moved on

FlabLoser
01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
he's making me a firm believer. I just hope our mild success will result in more talent in Starkville. If that happens, there may be some really good seasons on the horizon.

THIS. It takes more than coaching.

But given a choice, I'd rather have less talent and great coaching than great players and less coaching. (We just fired great players and less coaching.)

That said, this is baaaaasketbaaaaalllll Mississippi State style. We can do better. We can do both - coach and croot.

drunkernhelldawg
01-18-2014, 07:43 PM
I like the hell out of what I saw today. Team has great chemistry. Authority emanates from Coach Ray. Several players stepped up. The defense was really good. You could feel we would win from our play throughout. Keep it going.