PDA

View Full Version : Bears think they are getting Bo Scarbrough...

dawgclub99
01-18-2014, 02:02 PM
Stranger things have happened especially when Ole Mi$$ is involved.

Jacksondevildog
01-18-2014, 02:05 PM
There is a rumor that Scarborough will not qualify. Of course you know that Ole Miss is pushing the fact that they can qualify him straight out of high school. That combined with blowjobs from white girls and cash payouts next weekend will be hard to pass up.

hailmari
01-18-2014, 02:06 PM
I saw someone retweet him yesterday.. Something to the extent of being solid and happy with Bama.

whosyourdawgy
01-18-2014, 02:11 PM
Here tis. @starbo06: I run down hill deliver blows like a hammer now I'm solid committed to Alabama������ROLLTIDE #crimson#white

deltadawg99
01-18-2014, 02:42 PM
He just moved back to Tuscaloosa so I think that solidified his commitment. That and that tweet implies that Saban is going to let him play RB instead of LB.

HancockCountyDog
01-18-2014, 02:51 PM

Those rumors started with Mike Farrell with rivals. He posted that he wouldn't be surprised if Bo signed with the bears. Bo made him look silly by basically destroying those rumors.

BeastMan
01-18-2014, 03:13 PM
The only way OM was going to get Bo is if Bama wasn't going to let him play RB. MSU or OM can beat Bana heads up for a MS recruit but not one from Alabama. I know we love to rag OM recruiting but Bama is arguably the dirtiest recruiting program in the history of football. That said, in the current NCAA climate, everything is game in recruiting.

defiantdog
01-18-2014, 03:44 PM
I wish our boosters would be more involved honestly. I've seen Bama's boosters in first hand action before, and its impressive. They're like lobbyists for the recruits' parents.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 03:46 PM
I wish our boosters would be more involved honestly. I've seen Bama's boosters in first hand action before, and its impressive. They're like lobbyists for the recruits' parents.

We've discussed this ad nauseum on this board. It boils down to 2 words as to why we don't do this: Bracky Brett. He HAS to go.

msstate7
01-18-2014, 03:59 PM
The only way OM was going to get Bo is if Bama wasn't going to let him play RB. MSU or OM can beat Bana heads up for a MS recruit but not one from Alabama. I know we love to rag OM recruiting but Bama is arguably the dirtiest recruiting program in the history of football. That said, in the current NCAA climate, everything is game in recruiting.

As more and more cash starts being handed out to recruits, I think the IRS will be the investigating party not the NCAA.

swdawg
01-18-2014, 04:48 PM
They also think they have a shot at flipping this guy from Auburn.

http://247sports.com/Player/Racean-Thomas-14990

smootness
01-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Hahahaha. If there is one player in this class they are without a doubt not getting, it's Racean Thomas.

msstate7
01-18-2014, 04:52 PM
They also think they have a shot at flipping this guy from Auburn.

http://247sports.com/Player/Racean-Thomas-14990

Yeah bc what rb would wanna play in that auburn offense?**

smootness
01-18-2014, 05:00 PM
You may be thinking of Rashaan Evans, OLB from Auburn. I know a bunch of Ole Miss fans mentioned him as a possibility, but he recently eliminated them, too.

Their recruiting is really fizzling out coming down the stretch this year.

The only two guys they have coming in for the big visit weekend that aren't already committed are both committed to LSU and taking the BR visit this weekend, so they may not even show next weekend.

At least we still have the hope of somebody like Marlon Humphrey.

ETA: I've changed my tune on Devaroe Lawrence as well after reading what some Auburn fans had to say about him. I didn't really get it at first, but apparently he grew up in foster care and never thought about playing college football but went to a tryout at Georgia Military one day, made the team and has been an absolute monster in the weight room and has developed a ton. Their fans seem to really want him, and he looks like a really quality kid who could contribute quite a bit. He may have more than 2 years left, too.

Ifyouonlyknew
01-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Yea Lawrence has 3 to play 3.

You may be thinking of Rashaan Evans, OLB from Auburn. I know a bunch of Ole Miss fans mentioned him as a possibility, but he recently eliminated them, too.

The only two guys they have coming in for the big visit weekend that aren't already committed are both committed to LSU and taking the BR visit this weekend, so they may not even show next weekend.

ETA: I've changed my tune on Devaroe Lawrence as well after reading what some Auburn fans had to say about him. I didn't really get it at first, but apparently he grew up in foster care and never thought about playing college football but went to a tryout at Georgia Military one day, made the team and has been an absolute monster in the weight room and has developed a ton. Their fans seem to really want him, and he looks like a really quality kid who could contribute quite a bit. He may have more than 2 years left, too.

mic
01-18-2014, 05:36 PM
had someone tell me for the first time Mr. 24/7 David is now saying OM may not sign as many players as they could in order to have more numbers for next year.. Spin machine at its best.. if they don't land some of the guys they have been chirping about flipping or signing for the past few weeks and months..
Looks like reality is setting in...

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 05:52 PM
had someone tell me for the first time Mr. 24/7 David is now saying OM may not sign as many players as they could in order to have more numbers for next year.. Spin machine at its best.. if they don't land some of the guys they have been chirping about flipping or signing for the past few weeks and months..
Looks like reality is setting in...

I'm confused about what they are doing over there. They say that they are looking to grayshirt about four players, which tells me that they are full or close to it. But they also keep trying to flip all these players.

It makes me wonder if they know that they are about to be put on probation because otherwise they may have to start pulling scholarships to not be over the limit.

defiantdog
01-18-2014, 08:25 PM
We've discussed this ad nauseum on this board. It boils down to 2 words as to why we don't do this: Bracky Brett. He HAS to go.

This goes beyond NCAA compliance crap. I'm talking about boosters taking parents out to eat, creating positions at banks (see Bobby Humphrey and Pat Dye), hosting charity events that only pertain to big time money makers (Example: Nick's Kids Golf Tournament), etc.

We don't encourage boosters to get dirty. Maybe that's a good thing or maybe its bad. Either way, its working for Bama.

EAVdog
01-18-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm confused about what they are doing over there. They say that they are looking to grayshirt about four players, which tells me that they are full or close to it. But they also keep trying to flip all these players.

It makes me wonder if they know that they are about to be put on probation because otherwise they may have to start pulling scholarships to not be over the limit.

That story has now changed into "Greyshirt if need be". Their potential target list is shrinking pretty fast. And they may end up letting a couple out of the boat. Speaks is in Baton Rouge living it up at Texas de Brazil and Kenderius Webster is trying to set up an OV to UGA. He reached out to them and was quoted as saying "I hope they could make room for a guy like me". Terrance Alexander is in South Bend right now...

AlSwearengen
01-18-2014, 09:55 PM
If the bears class this year fizzles on them, next year will be crazy. The only thing that will keep them from setting a record for free agency money spent will be if the ncaa is up their asses.

They are convinced that they are a "big player" and a subpar recruiting class will seriously motivate them.

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 10:15 PM
If the bears class this year fizzles on them, next year will be crazy. The only thing that will keep them from setting a record for free agency money spent will be if the ncaa is up their asses.

They are convinced that they are a "big player" and a subpar recruiting class will seriously motivate them.

And how much credit does Nutt get for recruiting Nkemdiche's little brother? Freeze thus far has missed out on Richie Brown, AJ Jefferson, Quay, Nick James his first year and then during their greatest recruiting class ever missed out on Chris Jones, which may have been the most damaging risk since the NCAA ultimately interviewed Jones about the great recruiting party. Last year, he also missed out on Ashton Shumpert, which given their lack of an inside power runner was a big miss- and then we'll find out what happens in a few weeks, but I like what our class looks like. And all of those are battles he lost to Dan. I'm not including the ones he lost to Auburn, LSU, and Clemson last year.

swdawg
01-18-2014, 10:17 PM
No...I'm talking about Racean Thomas. I'm not saying they are gonna flip him, just that they think they have a chance to.

smootness
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
No...I'm talking about Racean Thomas. I'm not saying they are gonna flip him, just that they think they have a chance to.

Oh, well then gigantic LOL. Not at you, at them if they actually believe that. I haven't seen anyone even mention them for a second in connection with Roc Thomas, though I did read something about Yancy throwing something around about him 'reaching out' to Ole Miss due to Elston, which is hilarious.

Regardless, I hope some of their fans actually believe that. Will only make signing day that much better.

Their class this year is quite the cold shower after last year and after they thought they'd do something similar again since Freeze is evidently the greatest recruiter in the history of football.

They'll learn soon enough that he may be an above-average recruiter but that he'll never do anything better than a class like this year's again unless they have a lot more success on the field, and I don't think he's the kind of coach who can really do much more on the field than they did this year.

Cabo32
01-18-2014, 11:01 PM

What have you witnessed...don't hold back....I know, I know....I'm being a dick...but Ive seen the whole "I've witnessed firsthand yada yada booster giving diamond encrusted handjobs to so and so"...tell us what you know