PDA

View Full Version : It is beyond pathetic that Adidas

gravedigger
01-18-2014, 01:48 PM
Has one ****ing uniform design for two teams.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 01:55 PM
Don't get me started. Adidas is a joke, and we'll always draw the short straw so long as both us & aTm use them as our equipment supplier. We NEED to switch to UnderArmour. I'm guessing they'd kill to add an SECW team to go with SCar in the East.

civildawg
01-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Auburn?

Jacksondevildog
01-18-2014, 01:59 PM
What would you say if I told you that under armour and nike didn't want to work with us? What if I told you that the sales reps that works with the different schools for each company is an ole miss grad? Would that change your tune? We are sticking with Adidas for a long time. Just deal with it.

gravedigger
01-18-2014, 02:07 PM
What if I suggested that even a shitty company can design more than one uniform?

Bizzarre? Incomprehensible?

Jacksondevildog
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Fair point, but we will be with Adidas for a long time to come.

Bothrops
01-18-2014, 02:08 PM
Auburn and SC are the only SEC teams with UnderArmour.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Auburn and SC are the only SEC teams with UnderArmour.

Yeah, I forgot about Auburn being with UA. For some reason I alway want to think they're with Nike.

preachermatt83
01-18-2014, 02:32 PM
i like adidas.

CadaverDawg
01-18-2014, 02:56 PM
Adidas could be good, but they need someone to jump their asses over this shit in order to make it happen. These uniforms are so identical it's embarrassing.

NCDawg
01-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Adidas could be good, but they need someone to jump their asses over this shit in order to make it happen. These uniforms are so identical it's embarrassing.

If they would just do away with the stripes on the helmet and the sleeves, I would be satisfied.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 03:28 PM
If they would just do away with the stripes on the helmet and the sleeves, I would be satisfied.

That damn helmet stripe sucks ass. I don't even mind the white shoulder stripe on the maroon uni. But the maroon stripe on the white jersey is bad.

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 03:47 PM
I'll take champion at this point.

Nike is out. UA is run by hotty toddy. Adidas using the same design for two schools is bush league.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 03:48 PM
I'll take champion at this point.

Nike is out. UA is run by hotty toddy. Adidas using the same design for two schools is bush league.

Wrong. UA is owned by a Maryland grad. He wants to be the UMD version of Phil Knight.

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Wrong. UA is owned by a Maryland grad. He wants to be the UMD version of Phil Knight.

wrong. I didn't say owned. I said run.

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 04:14 PM
https://touch.www.linkedin.com/?sessionid=6901671948976128&as=false&rs=false#public-profile/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.linkedin.com%2Fpub%2Fwalker-jones%2F37%2F228%2F952

smootness
01-18-2014, 04:36 PM
These companies are all the same. If you want a company that doesn't design every team's uniform the same, then you definitely don't want Nike.

The issue is that the two schools with Adidas are both basically the same shade of maroon. Knowing this, yes, we should force them to come up with a different design.

But I promise you that if we had Nike, we'd be wearing the same thing that 90% of college basketball wears.

Kcdawg
01-18-2014, 11:37 PM
This. It looks like they were looking in an old eastbay magazine and said hey they have maroon and white lets order some that say mississippi state and some that say texas am. Adidas is a huge company. Why can't they design something different for each team.

Dawg61
01-18-2014, 11:48 PM
Are you guys forgetting Adidas is backing MSU as their #1 baseball school? The only thing that bothered me today was the GIGANTIC Mississippi State legal banner taking up 1/2 the court and 1/2 of our uniform. WHO IS THE DUMBASS THAT KEEPS PUSHING THAT HIDEOUS LOGO?

smootness
01-18-2014, 11:57 PM
Are you guys forgetting Adidas is backing MSU as their #1 baseball school? The only thing that bothered me today was the GIGANTIC Mississippi State legal banner taking up 1/2 the court and 1/2 of our uniform. WHO IS THE DUMBASS THAT KEEPS PUSHING THAT HIDEOUS LOGO?

We're in 100% agreement here. That logo is perfect for an official university logo/letterhead but looks awful associated with athletics, especially on jerseys. It's hilarious that the administration doesn't get that.

godlluB
01-19-2014, 12:04 AM
Are you guys forgetting Adidas is backing MSU as their #1 baseball school?

Yeah, we're special.

Kcdawg
01-19-2014, 12:14 AM
We're in 100% agreement here. That logo is perfect for an official university logo/letterhead but looks awful associated with athletics, especially on jerseys. It's hilarious that the administration doesn't get that.

I understand in part by putting it on the court that it gets the university name out there but there is other ways to do that. I like the bulldog logo we are using on the football field though.

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 12:19 AM
That was last year before we agreed to use their bats only.

godlluB
01-19-2014, 12:23 AM
That was last year before we agreed to use their bats only.

We were wearing ugly-assed versions of this on t-shirts during fall scrimmages. Adidas can eat a dick.

Kcdawg
01-19-2014, 12:27 AM
I just don't understand, whether we are an exclusive team or not, why not make our uniforms unique? Heck just make us an Adidas updated version of our nike football jerseys. Take the stripe off the current helmet and call it a day.

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 12:32 AM
We were wearing ugly-assed versions of this on t-shirts during fall scrimmages. Adidas can eat a dick.

It's fall scrimmage. Nobody is calling up Adidas and asking for sweet exclusive new unis for our SCRIMMAGE.

Dawgtini
01-19-2014, 11:33 AM
I like that logo with Mississippi state spelled out. The one with the bulldog and the mstate too. Way better than miss. State

FlabLoser
01-19-2014, 11:56 AM
Spelling out "Mississippi" is entirely the point. No other school in Mississippi spells out "Mississippi". We spell that out and we claim the state as our's in our branding.

esplanade91
01-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Tennessee has some sweet as Adidas uni's that even with our color scheme could not be easily mistaken for A&M. This is what I don't understand. Just give us their format.

Here's the deal, UA makes some of the most craptastic gear on the planet but is incredible at marketing (young pro's ripping off shirts with a Superman logo on their UA underneath). Adidas makes some of the best athletic apparel on the market. I want to stay with them because we can't have Nike, and at that point it's honestly splitting hairs.

Your problem isn't with Adidas, it's with our department. It's pretty well documented now that we signed off on the design. Should Adidas have been a little better about saying "Hey guys, I know you like this template but on the hush hush A&M is using this one too"? Sure. Their fans are pissed about it too. But evident in Mullen "picking out a splotch Adidas sent over before the season" for helmets and calling our rep and getting gold helmets a week before the Egg Bowl tells me everything I need to know. If we ask, we shall receive.

Granted its a big complaint, but that is my only complaint with Adidas... That we have similar stuff to an in division rival with the same colors. It's easily correctable though, so some of you with a lot more influence than me should get on it.

ScottH
01-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Tennessee has some sweet as Adidas uni's that even with our color scheme could not be easily mistaken for A&M. This is what I don't understand. Just give us they format.

Here's the deal, UA makes some of the most craptastic gear on the planet but is incredible at marketing (young pro's ripping off shirts with a Superman logo on their UA underneath). Adidas makes some of the best athletic apparel on the market. I want to stay with them because we can't have Nike, and at that point it's honestly splitting hairs.

Your problem isn't with Adidas, it's with our department. It's pretty well documented now that we signed off on the design. Should Adidas been a little better about saying "Hey guys, I know you like this template but on the hush hush A&M is using this one too"? Sure. But evident in Mullen "picking out a splotch Adidas sent over before the season" for helmets and calling our rep and getting gold helmets a week before the Egg Bowl tells me everything I need to know. If we ask, we shall receive.

Granted its a big complaint, but that is my only complaint with Adidas... That we have similar stuff to an in division rival with the same colors. It's easily correctable though, so some of you with a lot more influence than me should get on it.

Good post.

The problem is us.

If we aren't proactive we get what Adidas sketches out. That's not Adidas fault.

Thy have a base catalog of uniforms each season. It's easily found with Google.

We can always make changes (within reason I'm sure) to their work. I'm just not sure we do.

HoopsDawg
01-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Good post.

The problem is us.

If we aren't proactive we get what Adidas sketches out. That's not Adidas fault.

Thy have a base catalog of uniforms each season. It's easily found with Google.

We can always make changes (within reason I'm sure) to their work. I'm just not sure we do.

Adidas designed the uniforms and we wore them. We could tell them exactly what we want and they would cater to our needs. For example, we could say make our uniforms look like AU's except instead of Orange/Blue/White use Maroon/Gray/White.

My problem is not with Adidas in general, my problem is with the crappy design of our football uni's. I don't like the airbrush, splatter paint on our b-ball shorts.

esplanade91
01-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Then we should ask for the ones Michigan wears.

raymond21
01-19-2014, 03:06 PM
There baseball bats are awful also. If our players had an option, i can assure you Addias wouldn't be the choice for bats

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Then we should ask for the ones Michigan wears.

+1, Adidas has very bad ass basketball shoes right now with the AdiZeros.

Dawg61
01-19-2014, 03:22 PM
Spelling out "Mississippi" is entirely the point. No other school in Mississippi spells out "Mississippi". We spell that out and we claim the state as our's in our branding.

It looks like shit