PDA

View Full Version : Moreland looking for the big payday.

State82
01-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Just saw where Mitch and the Rangers are a considerable distance apart on his contract. He's supposedly asking for 3.25 mil and the club is at 2.025 mil as of now. Hope he gets paid, but getting 3.25 may be a stretch. I would like to see him be able to stay in Tejas.

Homedawg
01-17-2014, 08:29 PM
They will settle in THe middle. It won't go to arbitration.

War Machine Dawg
01-17-2014, 09:28 PM
He's done in TX. Time for him to move on. In case you forgot, they traded for Prince Fielder. Considering Fielder plays 160 games a year, Mitch won't have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing any PT. He needs to go somewhere else in need of a 1B.

bully99
01-17-2014, 09:46 PM
If he stays, he'll end up playing first or Dh. Might even play more first because Fielder is so wretched defensively. The Rangers haven't gone to arbitration since 2000. Some in Texas think they might with Moreland. Still a chance he'll be traded.

esplanade91
01-17-2014, 11:18 PM
I just don't feel like he's a good enough hitter to sign him to somewhere between $2.025 and $3.25 for DH. Solid hitter for a fielder, but I think they could catch his bat for a better price on the market for a position they need more of a back-up for.

I think he has more value in a trade. He has upside, but for half the '13 season he was in the minors and in the other side he hit below .250. Someone like Boston would take a chance on him, but he's going to have to change something in his game.

Homedawg
01-17-2014, 11:19 PM
He's done in TX. Time for him to move on. In case you forgot, they traded for Prince Fielder. Considering Fielder plays 160 games a year, Mitch won't have a snowball's chance in hell of seeing any PT. He needs to go somewhere else in need of a 1B.

They offered him arbitration- he doesnt really have a choice. And it guarantees he gets paid. No he won't play much at first, but they need a dh. But for 2.5 mil who cares. He will get paid for a few more years for sure.

Homedawg
01-17-2014, 11:22 PM
I just don't feel like he's a good enough hitter to sign him to somewhere between $2.025 and $3.25 for DH. Solid hitter for a fielder, but I think they could catch his bat for a better price on the market for a position they need more of a back-up for.

I think he has more value in a trade. He has upside, but for half the '13 season he was in the minors and in the other side he hit below .250. Someone like Boston would take a chance on him, but he's going to have to change something in his game.

Who are u talking about? Bc Moreland wasn't in the minors in 2013 except for a rehab game if that. he hasn't spent half a season in the minors since he broke in

bully99
01-18-2014, 12:01 AM
No clue where the minor league stuff came from. Two to three million for a guy who hit 23 homers is a bargain compared to other horrible players making a lot more. As I said Moreland will play a lot of first base because of Fielders obesity. Probably be a platoon player. Mitch wad wretched the second half of the season.

Saw Paul Maholm say today that the Rangers are looking at him and may offer. If not the Rangers, I'm not sure where Maholm ends up.

esplanade91
01-18-2014, 12:13 AM
Saw where he got demoted to AA in 2013, and I remember him missing several games... perhaps it was for injury, I don't know. I don't follow ENOUGH.

Never blew your mind, but could eventually turn into a solid rotation player. Again, I don't think he's good enough to be a $3m+ DH player, but I think he could be a solid 3B in a trade. Very solid.

bully99
01-18-2014, 12:48 AM
He was on the disabled list for a couple of weeks. Did a minor league rehab.

A left-handed third baseman? When is the last time, please tell .

Homedawg
01-18-2014, 09:28 AM
Saw where he got demoted to AA in 2013, and I remember him missing several games... perhaps it was for injury, I don't know. I don't follow ENOUGH.

Never blew your mind, but could eventually turn into a solid rotation player. Again, I don't think he's good enough to be a $3m+ DH player, but I think he could be a solid 3B in a trade. Very solid.

He was never demoted. He was out for over a month w a pulled hamstring. And as bully said he had a rehab assignment. That's it. As for his pay. Yea they are all overpaid. But based on the market he's worth about 2.5 mil right now.

Tbonewannabe
01-18-2014, 10:02 AM
He also has the arm to play some RF. I remember when he was drafted some clubs liked him as a pitcher.

HereComesTheSpiral
01-18-2014, 10:47 AM
He also has the arm to play some RF. I remember when he was drafted some clubs liked him as a pitcher.

He played RF with OKC while he was in the minors

sandjunky
01-18-2014, 11:04 AM

So why comment on that which you have no clue?!?

sandjunky
01-18-2014, 11:10 AM

So missing 15 games due to injury is half the season in the minors?

bully99
01-18-2014, 11:53 AM
Moreland has played right field for the Rangers. Not a lot but some. Great arm

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Send him to Atlanta and let him rotate in the OF, at 1st, and DH.

Todd4State
01-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Mitch is not going anywhere unless he gets traded at the deadline. He hits some of the longest home runs in the game and he needs to work on hitting for average a little bit more. He is a solid DH and he has a little bit of versatility. 2.5 million is a fair salary for him.

War Machine Dawg
01-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Send him to Atlanta and let him rotate in the OF, at 1st, and DH.

Not happening. Freddie Freeman is one of the top 5 1Bs in the game. Mitch isn't starting ahead of him. J-Hey and the Uptons are all locks in the OF, regardless of how bad BJ hits. We're just paying BJ too damn much to bench him. (Same as Uggla) He'd be relegated to the occasional pinch hitting role in ATL, unless MLB gets off its ass in the near future and adds the DH to the NL. I'd LOVE to have Mitch as a Brave, but we just don't have room for him to play. He'd be better off somewhere like Pittsburgh, a playoff team that needs an everyday 1B.

bully99
01-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Moreland to Atlanta? How can you write something that ignorant. DH? Really

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 02:24 PM
Not happening. Freddie Freeman is one of the top 5 1Bs in the game. Mitch isn't starting ahead of him. J-Hey and the Uptons are all locks in the OF, regardless of how bad BJ hits. We're just paying BJ too damn much to bench him. (Same as Uggla) He'd be relegated to the occasional pinch hitting role in ATL, unless MLB gets off its ass in the near future and adds the DH to the NL. I'd LOVE to have Mitch as a Brave, but we just don't have room for him to play. He'd be better off somewhere like Pittsburgh, a playoff team that needs an everyday 1B.

I know it ain't happening. just wishful thinking to see him play in ATL.

Political Hack
01-18-2014, 02:26 PM
Moreland to Atlanta? How can you write something that ignorant. DH? Really

they've got a two for one maxi pad special going online. thought you might be interested.